LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I agree with you. Naruto kind of annoyed me witht his talk no jutsu stuff, but Deku's more annoying with it. I think there are some minor adjustments they could have made to help advance Deku. Like, him leaving school to be out on his own with All Might was perfect. It felt like Future Trunks and Gohan. But then leaving All Might, it doesn't make any sense. But ok, I can accept that, but then when its time to get him, the whole class goes? Come on, it should just be a few of them, or even just Bakugo, for another 1 on 1 fight. And now apparantly he's going to go back to school. At least give him more time to develop on his own, like Naruto when he went on sabbatical with Jiraiya
It's funny because he said they can't keep up and then the Hori goes out of his way to show that they aren't. Mans was so exhausted he couldn't walk, energy output at damn near zero, suffering from crippling teenage depression, and going out of his way to just escape and they still barely managed to touch him. Even that took the entire Class and broke up Tenya's gear and burned out his Quirk.

THAT'S what is supposed to inspire and prove him wrong? fukking bums outside like 2 of them. Spinner would low diff 99% of the Class. :deadrose:

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
It's funny because he said they can't keep up and then the Hori goes out of his way to show that they aren't. Mans was so exhausted he couldn't walk, energy output at damn near zero, suffering from crippling teenage depression, and going out of his way to just escape and they still barely managed to touch him. Even that took the entire Class and broke up Tenya's gear and burned out his Quirk.

THAT'S what is supposed to inspire and prove him wrong? fukking bums outside like 2 of them. Spinner would low diff 99% of the Class. :deadrose:
Its crazy to me, cause the show spends so much time on back stories for each character, then I have to watch each of them do their training, and each of them do their work with an agency, but then later in the show, they don't matter. I know filler episodes are mainly episodes that are not part of the manga, but all those episodes felt like filler to me.

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:dame:Bashbarza is retarded as fukk. I get it plotwise, but like if you were a character in this series and watching him, you be would be like, "How this dude become a General?"

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Its crazy to me, cause the show spends so much time on back stories for each character, then I have to watch each of them do their training, and each of them do their work with an agency, but then later in the show, they don't matter. I know filler episodes are mainly episodes that are not part of the manga, but all those episodes felt like filler to me.
That is what pissed me about S5. You spent so much time with them, but it felt like none of it mattered. I really wished for the school portion of the show they took a page out of Iruma-kun. They do a fantastic job developing the classmates around Iruma-kun unlike we get here MHA.

Then you got Deku where the only difference in him now he has more quirks and is stronger. Comparing to lets say Tanjiro where the anime is. Initially both are scared kids in different. But Tanjiro conquers that fear as he knows he needs to push on. Tanjiro aint even a great Mc he is solid and very relatable.

Deku is good at helping his classmates like this episode showed, but he feels exactly the same. Imo they could have Deku after the fallout of the heros, he could have stepped up as a leader. But now we have a kid who needs to learn how to trust those around you. Yea the situation is beyond fukked up, but he should know better then to carry it all on his shoulders.

We got another great moment for Bakugo. Even if the quality of MHA has been questionable these past 3 seasons, Bakugo is one of the highlights imo.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
That is what pissed me about S5. You spent so much time with them, but it felt like none of it mattered. I really wished for the school portion of the show they took a page out of Iruma-kun. They do a fantastic job developing the classmates around Iruma-kun unlike we get here MHA.

Then you got Deku where the only difference in him now he has more quirks and is stronger. Comparing to lets say Tanjiro where the anime is. Initially both are scared kids in different. But Tanjiro conquers that fear as he knows he needs to push on. Tanjiro aint even a great Mc he is solid and very relatable.

Deku is good at helping his classmates like this episode showed, but he feels exactly the same. Imo they could have Deku after the fallout of the heros, he could have stepped up as a leader. But now we have a kid who needs to learn how to trust those around you. Yea the situation is beyond fukked up, but he should know better then to carry it all on his shoulders.

We got another great moment for Bakugo. Even if the quality of MHA has been questionable these past 3 seasons, Bakugo is one of the highlights imo.
Tanjiro solidified as a top tier MC after the train arc. Checked every box there was. Everybody was :wow: when he called the strongest demon he'd ever seen fight a p*ssy.

Deku? Its like every good moment he has is tripped up by no less than 3 nonsensical trip ups

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
They do a fantastic job developing the classmates around Iruma-kun unlike we get here MHA.

:wow: It's at this point in Iruma-kun that all 13 classmates are NOTORIOUS on campus, this season all of the others were going like... "fukk it's Jazz, he is part of the MISFITS GANG."... they are a true family.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
:wow: It's at this point in Iruma-kun that all 13 classmates are NOTORIOUS on campus, this season all of the others were going like... "fukk it's Jazz, he is part of the MISFITS GANG."... they are a true family.
Looks like I have a new anime to add to the list
tumblr_oto92e8YgQ1u1ljrzo1_540.gif

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
:mjcry: Poor one out for Roberto. Meryl going to be living with regret for the rest of her life. I wonder though if this leads into a Season 2 of Meryl becoming Meryl we saw in the original Anime along with Millie tagging along.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
:dame:Bashbarza is retarded as fukk. I get it plotwise, but like if you were a character in this series and watching him, you be would be like, "How this dude become a General?"
Since he got married and had the kid the show has been better and pretty wholesome. I guess they need some kind of conflict now that the 2 fathers have found piece.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Man Blue Lock went from being a Battle Royale disguised as a Soccer anime to a Mind Game disguised as a Soccer anime. The amount of monologues is killing me :dead:.

Isagi: "Oh shyt Rin got me I am fukked"

Rin: **Stares Intensely**

Isagi: "You fell my trap and I have you exactly where I wnat"

Even if the animation has took a hit (the CGI used recently is just weird) the direction is phenomenal. But man it makes everything so much more dramatic.

Only thing I gotta criticize is the constant use of I knew you were going to do that by Isagi and Rin. It is hard to take that seriously and comes across as more comedic. Tho maybe that's not the worse thing.

Also NieR Automata is really shaping up to the first great video game adaptation from recent memory. (Cyberpunk was great too tho it was more so a new story with the game's universe).

Managing to tie in some popular side quests from the game with the main story conflict is great. Last episode Lily flashback was amazing as well. It actually has found a great balance in pleasing both those who played the games and those new to imo. Still need to see more to say if its on the BSD, Vinland and Danmachi level.

But as far as new seaonals it is the best that this season has to offer alongside Tomo-chan and Magical Revolution.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Man Blue Lock went from being a Battle Royale disguised as a Soccer anime to a Mind Game disguised as a Soccer anime. The amount of monologues is killing me :dead:.

Isagi: "Oh shyt Rin got me I am fukked"

Rin: **Stares Intensely**

Isagi: "You fell my trap and I have you exactly where I wnat"

Even if the animation has took a hit (the CGI used recently is just weird) the direction is phenomenal. But man it makes everything so much more dramatic.

Only thing I gotta criticize is the constant use of I knew you were going to do that by Isagi and Rin. It is hard to take that seriously and comes across as more comedic. Tho maybe that's not the worse thing.

Also NieR Automata is really shaping up to the first great video game adaptation from recent memory. (Cyberpunk was great too tho it was more so a new story with the game's universe).

Managing to tie in some popular side quests from the game with the main story conflict is great. Last episode Lily flashback was amazing as well. It actually has found a great balance in pleasing both those who played the games and those new to imo. Still need to see more to say if its on the BSD, Vinland and Danmachi level.

But as far as new seaonals it is the best that this season has to offer alongside Tomo-chan and Magical Revolution.
so i like what blue lock does

but this last stretch shows exactly what anime studios end up doing when they don't have time to animate anymore. they should've kept this 12 ep seasons.

hate to reach to the manga, but the mental showdown there and the one here look vastly different because its not just stills and intense gazes, but shyt in motion and a lot of decision points in between.