Balla

Superstar
Daps
I be wanting to give Ranking of Kings a chance, but that animation style is so trash. Plus it's super hard to take nikkas recommendations here seriously because a lot of obvious dope shyt gets critiqued to death while a lot of mid/boring/weird shyt gets praised. I think I'll just pass on that one. Even the clips nikkas be posting don't even look enticing.

Demon Slayer could end right now and never make another episode again, and that shyt would still make my top 20 list. That last episode was movie levels of animation.
Breh it’s crazy, I literally saw your post after I finished watching the show for the first time lmao.

I think it’s actually a good show. There’s twists and turns, so it makes you want to know more about the story.

I really wanna see the protagonist prevail because he’s been really going through it.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
Fire Force;

A nice attempt at reinventing the shounen genre, but it does so poorly. The MC isn't a simp, which is refreshing, but he's not likeable at all. His smiling while nervous gimmick, isn't appealing nor is it something anyone asked for, just a uniquely disappointing way to try to implement originality. The shoe takes a tired formula and flips it on its head, however, everything else is boring. The costumes, the powers, etc. This is basically an anime about an MC that tries hard, but is stuck watching support characters look cool, while he does "what he can". Damn shame, since I like the animation, ironically, if Bleach borrowed the whole "support can be cool too" aspect, I'd enjoy it a little more.

Ultimately Fire Force is a "meh" time with a fantastic concept, however, as we learned with Avatar Korra, making your MC lame by comparison to literally EVERYONE else, is a quick way for me to switch over to something else entirely....especially when the moments of cool are pretty much handled by everyone but the main character.

5/10.

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Breh it’s crazy, I literally saw your post after I finished watching the show for the first time lmao.

I think it’s actually a good show. There’s twists and turns, so it makes you want to know more about the story.

I really wanna see the protagonist prevail because he’s been really going through it.

Oh word lol.

Aight fam. Lemme ask you this.
What makes the show good? Is the action decent or is there anything special that stands out about the show? What anime does it compare to?

Thank you.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Oh word lol.

What makes the show good? Is the action decent or is there anything special that stands out about the show? What anime does it compare to?

Thank you.
I like the show so far because it’s different af and I really wanna see the main character win. I’ve only watched a handful of episodes and there’s already been a few twists and turns that make you go wtf.

Funniest thing about the action is that I’m waiting on it to really show up lol. I really want to see how this lil dude is gonna fight and hold his own. The show does a good job of making you wonder what happens next.

I can’t really compare it to another anime.

I’m not saying it’s a must watch or anything but it’s pretty interesting to me.

What I will say is that OP 2’s song is fire!! I don’t know if it has spoilers in the video, but it sounds good.

But yeah breh, it’s a pretty interesting show that you wanna see how it plays out.

How many episodes did you watch?

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
I like the show so far because it’s different af and I really wanna see the main character win. I’ve only watched a handful of episodes and there’s already been a few twists and turns that make you go wtf.

Funniest thing about the action is that I’m waiting on it to really show up lol. I really want to see how this lil dude is gonna fight and hold his own. The show does a good job of making you wonder what happens next.

I can’t really compare it to another anime.

I’m not saying it’s a must watch or anything but it’s pretty interesting to me.

What I will say is that OP 2’s song is fire!! I don’t know if it has spoilers in the video, but it sounds good.

But yeah breh, it’s a pretty interesting show that you wanna see how it plays out.

How many episodes did you watch?

Thanks fam.

I saw the first 10 minutes and bushed it. I might give it another chance in the future tho. You said it wasn't a must watch so I can respect that since you like it, but aren't trying to over sell it.

Much appreciated.

Balla

Superstar
Daps
Thanks fam.

I saw the first 10 minutes and bushed it. I might give it another chance in the future tho. You said it wasn't a must watch so I can respect that since you like it, but aren't trying to over sell it.

Much appreciated.
Facts breh, I know it’s kinda hard to watch this show because it looks like It’d be a Cartoon Network show lmao.

If you watch it again, it’s better to focus on the story because who knows how the fights will be, that’s another reason for this story being interesting because you really have no idea how this dude is gonna fight.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Fire Force;

A nice attempt at reinventing the shounen genre, but it does so poorly. The MC isn't a simp, which is refreshing, but he's not likeable at all. His smiling while nervous gimmick, isn't appealing nor is it something anyone asked for, just a uniquely disappointing way to try to implement originality. The shoe takes a tired formula and flips it on its head, however, everything else is boring. The costumes, the powers, etc. This is basically an anime about an MC that tries hard, but is stuck watching support characters look cool, while he does "what he can". Damn shame, since I like the animation, ironically, if Bleach borrowed the whole "support can be cool too" aspect, I'd enjoy it a little more.

Ultimately Fire Force is a "meh" time with a fantastic concept, however, as we learned with Avatar Korra, making your MC lame by comparison to literally EVERYONE else, is a quick way for me to switch over to something else entirely....especially when the moments of cool are pretty much handled by everyone but the main character.

5/10.
I thought Fire Force was some great animation on top of straight up mid - but Ogun is a boss so I rock with the show in spite of the flaws :manny:

Copy Ninja

Superstar
Daps
Oh word lol.

Thank you.

Storytelling and character development. And as someone mentioned already, the protagonist is someone that will endear himself to viewers. Also, the show caught me off guard with some darker themes that will be revealed as you watch.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Storytelling and character development. And as someone mentioned already, the protagonist is someone that will endear himself to viewers. Also, the show caught me off guard with some darker themes that will be revealed as you watch.

Word thank you.

I'll be honest tho, storytelling and character development aint enough to make me wanna see something, but I'll give it another shot eventually. If there's no action, violence, or fukkery attached to the story and characters, I'll prolly end up skipping it.

Sonny Boy ruined the chances for a lot of anime for me.

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I thought Fire Force was some great animation on top of straight up mid - but Ogun is a boss so I rock with the show in spite of the flaws :manny:

My point exactly, another third generation character, who's more fun to follow and has better moments than the MC....I'd watch an anime on Ogun....though this is less a character problem and more a focus problem. Seems like the author really doesn't care about this MC, when your first moment of cool happens 14 episodes in....and its about another character, I know the anime is doomed.

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Thanks fam.

Much appreciated.

Its like Mob Psycho...that animation quality is either going to reel you in or make you ask "WHY???", it takes the western approach of, story over substance. Bob's Burgers, Home Movies, etc, writing and comedic timing has to be top tier for us to jump into them.

LauderdaleBoss

Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
Its like Mob Psycho...that animation quality is either going to reel you in or make you ask "WHY???", it takes the western approach of, story over substance. Bob's Burgers, Home Movies, etc, writing and comedic timing has to be top tier for us to jump into them.

Mob Psycho animation is fire tho, but I get what you saying.

Could never get into Bobs Burgers. shyt was trash to me. fukked with Home Movies and Regular Show tho.