Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Fire Force;

A nice attempt at reinventing the shounen genre, but it does so poorly. The MC isn't a simp, which is refreshing, but he's not likeable at all. His smiling while nervous gimmick, isn't appealing nor is it something anyone asked for, just a uniquely disappointing way to try to implement originality. The shoe takes a tired formula and flips it on its head, however, everything else is boring. The costumes, the powers, etc. This is basically an anime about an MC that tries hard, but is stuck watching support characters look cool, while he does "what he can". Damn shame, since I like the animation, ironically, if Bleach borrowed the whole "support can be cool too" aspect, I'd enjoy it a little more.

Ultimately Fire Force is a "meh" time with a fantastic concept, however, as we learned with Avatar Korra, making your MC lame by comparison to literally EVERYONE else, is a quick way for me to switch over to something else entirely....especially when the moments of cool are pretty much handled by everyone but the main character.

5/10.

As someone who has read the manga.....Fire Force is the best Shounen in the last ten years

But if I only watched the anime I would completely agree with you

This show does such a brilliant job of hiding the layers all I can say without spoiling anything is keep watching its worth it

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
As someone who has read the manga.....Fire Force is the best Shounen in the last ten years

But if I only watched the anime I would completely agree with you

This show does such a brilliant job of hiding the layers all I can say without spoiling anything is keep watching its worth it
I was on the fence between reading FF, Kingdom, or Gantz but I might just give FF a shot first now.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Speaking of Shield hero, one of the biggest early draws of the show was Malty's/Myne's actions getting everyone talking
d0d42bc532f017b8-600x338.PNG

but did they ever explain why Malty was such an azzhole? Now that I think of it, at every turn shes pretty much going above and beyond to fukk Naofumi or someone else over with very little to gain. She was consistent in doing this too.
Her entire world is in crisis and she believes this is the perfect time to start trolling? :skip:

To contrast this, another betrayal/hated character was Rachel from Tower of God. While the actions made the character hated, they at least shed light on the character and why she is the way she is. She continues to do actions in the webtoon that make her even more hated, but they fall in line with the character. As much as you hate the character or her reasoning, there's at least clearly a reasoning behind it.

This was one of my first isekais and I did watch a lot of it, kept up to date, looking forward to new episodes, etc., but looking back :pachaha:

Last edited:

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
Speaking of Shield hero, one of the biggest early draws of the show was Malty's/Myne's actions getting everyone talking
d0d42bc532f017b8-600x338.PNG

but did they ever explain why Malty was such an azzhole? Now that I think of it, at every turn shes pretty much going above and beyond to fukk Naofumi or someone else over with very little to gain. She was consistent in doing this too.
Her entire world is in crisis and she believes this is the perfect time to start trolling? :skip:

To contrast this, another betrayal/hated character was Rachel from Tower of God. While the actions made the character hated, they at least shed light on the character and why she is the way she is. She continues to do actions in the webtoon that make her even more hated, but they fall in line with the character. As much as you hate the character or her reasoning, there's at least clearly a reasoning behind it.

This was one of my first isekais and I did watch a lot of it, kept up to date, looking forward to new episodes, etc., but looking back :pachaha:

She is just a straight up bytch that wants the world to revolve around her nothing more

You read the light novel on this?

I did till I think vol 12 I stopped at took a break from it need to get back on it tho

Uchiha God

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I’m on episode 6 of Ranking of Kings. Don’t sleep on this brehs. shyt is lowkey fire :ohhh:

the animation style is different and might throw you off at the start cause but there’s substance in this gumbo. shyt is dark as hell too, going by the art style I thought it was some kiddie friendly shyt but there’s some demonic things and dark themes going on

Bojji probably my favorite protag. Dude is just endearing.

I thought I was eating nice with Demon Slayer I fukked around and found another plate :ehh:

TobiOT

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
East London
Nearly done with Demon Slayer season 1, does this Zenitsu guy get better? Personality wise? :beli:

Every time I see this guy on screen.

73rZpfg.gif