LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
I’ve been burned out on anime for a little while, but Demon Slayer feels like a breath of fresh air. Everything about it hits on all cylinders.
Hold onto that feeling, don't let these miserable nikkas steal your joy.:wow:

Demon Slayer has restored the feeling across the globe with faithful adaptation and excellent animation. Simple really is best.:ehh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Been back in the states last few weeks, so been too busy being selectively ignorant in this omarion world.. but just before i binged watched season 1 of that Re:zero ish, based off of yall gassing it up here... and yall were right :ehh: that shyt was dope.

Season 2 continues with the dopeness?

Drip Bayless

Superstar
Daps
Catching up on this new Kimetsu
The Entertainment district arc only five episodes in and this shyt already fire:whew:
My son Uzui quickly becoming my favorite Demon Slayer, drip to the floor and out the door and he ain’t slipping in his pimping neither
Opening is way better than the first one too

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Man fire force s2 I didn’t like but I heard it was really good so I’m gonna go manga route for that series

oh ok then Ill get to it later than I don’t mind that premise but that’s a mood thing for me

i dunno bout the manga but the anime version started suffering from that MHA syndrome of focusing on so many mid characters and taking zero risks with them (pump faking deaths and no serious consequences).

The mc and his lil bro have an intriguing enough subplot but characters like Benimaru and Ogun are more interesting than the light saber kid with cte thinking he's a game of thrones character.

I've been planning to check or at least skim the manga to see what ppl are talkin about tho

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
You guys do your best anime of 2021 rankings? For me

1. Arcane
2. Megalobox 2
3. To Your Eternity
4. Slime 2
5. Kingdom 3
6. JJK
7. Jobless 2
8. Castlevania 4

Can't recall anything else that I thought stood out. Everything else was mid. Also haven't seen others like Odd Taxi that seem like it's on the top 5 whenever I see a ranking somewhere in the internet. First part of 86 would have been top 3 but the second half brings it way down. Can't even finish it. Ranking of Kings is still ongoing but so far that would be up there if it continues the way it's been going.

Mushoku Tensei 2
Odd taxi
JJK
To your eternity
Fruit basket
AOT

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
this new show called Slow Loop is ok. That is if you don't mind mundane SOL anime.

Its about catching fish with friends...that's basically it. It tries to inform the viewer about different techniques, baits, rods, dishes etc. They made Sashimi in episode 1.

As someone who just recently got into fishing, I find it to be mildly interesting.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
I’ve been burned out on anime for a little while, but Demon Slayer feels like a breath of fresh air. Everything about it hits on all cylinders.
I freakin love demon slayer. It gives me the feels of the OG naruto series but improves on every single aspect of what I loved about that show.
I just now finally got around to watching the Mugen Train movie and feel like this series has had one of the best first full seasons of any anime ever. It’s amazing to see such a well done anime from a story, music, and animation perspective. I can’t praise the series enough and it’s only beginning.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Sono Bisque debut was impressive from an animation/character acting standpoint. Not common you get quality production in this genre, so it really stands out when something like this comes along. Gojo and Kitagawa have a fun dynamic together as expected, they make for a strong duo.

A potential problem is this being handled by Cloverworks. They have a recent history of starting strong and flaming out towards the end of their projects - see Horimiya, Wonder Egg Priority. So time will tell how they handle this one. I can also see this stagnating overtime if there aren't any competitive stakes nor any conflict involved, and it's just a comedy.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Sono Bisque debut was impressive from an animation/character acting standpoint. Not common you get quality production in this genre, so it really stands out when something like this comes along. Gojo and Kitagawa have a fun dynamic together as expected, they make for a strong duo.

A potential problem is this being handled by Cloverworks. They have a recent history of starting strong and flaming out towards the end of their projects - see Horimiya, Wonder Egg Priority. So time will tell how they handle this one. I can also see this stagnating overtime if there aren't any competitive stakes nor any conflict involved, and it's just a comedy.

Def agree with most of what you said regarding the leads and the animation. Especially Kitagawa.

For a Rom-com & SoL type of show, it had a very strong debut. The Cloveworks thing is def a concern. (Granted Horimya wasn’ handled terribly where it slightly fell off from its start. While WEP and Promised Netherlands just went to straight :trash: status.) Altho if you are looking for a Rom-Com to watch this definitely seems to be worth a try.

On another Realist Hero also had its 2nd part debut. It is kind of what I expected out of. I just hope some of the pacing problems are done better this time around. Also I am interested in how it compares to Genius Prince in particular.

Last edited:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
i dunno how popular Blue Lock can be, but if they give it the same Avengers End Game cgi budget as they do Demon Slayer and JJK, and adapt it 1:1 with the manga... it has the potential to be monumental.

They're in a brand new arc in the manga, after an epic close to the lengthy first arc/saga, and it continues to be flames. It's like HxH or DBZ... but with soccer :dead:

and i hate soccer :heh: