Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
How do y’all decide on what anime y’all gonna watch? There’s so many of them. I usually only watch the well-known ones.

:russ::mjlol:

I just go through a list after I pull up the genres. If it has a decent concept, I'll watch the 1st episode. Continuation depends on I heard good reviews. Not going to waste my time on bullshyt.

Only genre I'll watch no matter what is mecha though. Sat through some legit trash just because it had giant robots in it (Aldnoah Zero) :snoop:

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
I just go through a list after I pull up the genres. If it has a decent concept, I'll watch the 1st episode. Continuation depends on I heard good reviews. Not going to waste my time on bullshyt.

Only genre I'll watch no matter what is mecha though. Sat through some legit trash just because it had giant robots in it (Aldnoah Zero) :snoop:
Aldnoah Zero had a good soundtrack though :ehh:. I'd watch it again for that.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

Man, I liked the idea of a MC using a generic mecha with tactics to stunt on goons that had ace customs but they threw that in the bushes quick.

twan83

GOAT FATHER
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Texas
It was really good concept too. Giant mechs x MacGyver :ohhh:

then the fukkery just became too much too fast :dead:

2nd half killed it I mean I still liked it but after he got headshot and became a uchiha show wasn’t the same out here predicted majority shyt
Slaine went simping and beyond
And he goes and saves the princess and bytch don’t even repay him she get married to another dude instead of inaho:snoop:

but the 1st half the first 12 I loved tho

Balla

Superstar
Daps

Very funny you brought this up because i legit was gonna ask y’all what the best Gundam is. Is it Wing? I’m being bias because of Toonami, but it did look the coolest to me.

Gundam is more about drama than fighting right? I swear I rarely saw them fighting.

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
Very funny you brought this up because i legit was gonna ask y’all what the best Gundam is. Is it Wing? I’m being bias because of Toonami, but it did look the coolest to me.

Gundam is more about drama than fighting right? I swear I rarely saw them fighting.

Best modern shows are IBO and Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is an off-shoot of the OG series (1979). OG shows, you can't go wrong with watching the 1st MSG and Zeta. ZZ is underrated because of the tone shift.

Wing was garbage on my rewatch, couldn't make it through.

G Gundam holds a special place in my heart. Think DBZ w/ mechs.

Gundam SEED is pretty much just a remix of the OG show, but with worse writing. The mech designs are A1. Stay away from Destiny.

Reconquista is confusing af.

00 is very good. Preachy at times, but I enjoyed that show in its entirety.

Unicorn is a continuation of the OG, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack (movie). Garbage imo w/ an even whinier MC than Zeta. Mecha designs saved this show because there wasn't too much memorable about it imo.

Turn A is confusing as fukk, but it's good.

08th MS Team has a general consensus of being the best overall show. I didn't fukk with it too heavily, ask the breh @42 Monks if you're interested in it.

Build Fighters is great, Try is trash, Build Divers is garbage, Build Divers Re-Rise is great.

IBO put Gundam back on the map and is a great entry into this series. Easily Top 5 in Gundam media for me.

0080 War in the Pocket is piff. 0083 Stardust Memory is heat as well. Char's Counterattack is heat. The early movies are all really good.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
It was really good concept too. Giant mechs x MacGyver :ohhh:

then the fukkery just became too much too fast :dead:
This is because Gen Urobuchi of Fate Zero fame made the concept but didn't do anything more. The director of Fate Zero and a series composer whose work is all over the place took it from there.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Best modern shows are IBO and Thunderbolt. Thunderbolt is an off-shoot of the OG series (1979). OG shows, you can't go wrong with watching the 1st MSG and Zeta. ZZ is underrated because of the tone shift.

Wing was garbage on my rewatch, couldn't make it through.

G Gundam holds a special place in my heart. Think DBZ w/ mechs.

Gundam SEED is pretty much just a remix of the OG show, but with worse writing. The mech designs are A1. Stay away from Destiny.

Reconquista is confusing af.

00 is very good. Preachy at times, but I enjoyed that show in its entirety.

Unicorn is a continuation of the OG, Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack (movie). Garbage imo w/ an even whinier MC than Zeta. Mecha designs saved this show because there wasn't too much memorable about it imo.

Turn A is confusing as fukk, but it's good.

08th MS Team has a general consensus of being the best overall show. I didn't fukk with it too heavily, ask the breh @42 Monks if you're interested in it.

Build Fighters is great, Try is trash, Build Divers is garbage, Build Divers Re-Rise is great.

IBO put Gundam back on the map and is a great entry into this series. Easily Top 5 in Gundam media for me.

0080 War in the Pocket is piff. 0083 Stardust Memory is heat as well. Char's Counterattack is heat. The early movies are all really good.
I can't really disagree with any of this :pachaha:

Depending on the month, my favorite Gundam run will change anyways. There's just always hyperbole to dodge like you said. Some folks will call Turn A Gundam a masterpiece, some will say ZZ is GOAT, some will say SEED never got a fair shot, etc...

Only constants are that Reconquista is the easiest skip by far. Don't even see it included outside of broad lists. Gundam Wing LIVES off of nostalgia. Its just painfully shallow when you look at it now. I still think the OST is one of the most underrated of the series. I'll always love it because it was my intro, but yikes... G Gundam is still cheesy ridiculous goodness no matter when you pick it up. To this day, Burning Finger - with the left :damn:still makes me smile.

IBO and Thunderbolt are the latest greatest for sure. Hathaway is dope - but its a rough introduction for anyone.

08th is short and sweet flawless goodness imo. And I mean its flawless in the way that it doesn't do anything wrong, but it could do somethings better.

Unicorn is a waste of good characters and designs :unimpressed:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
like if you ever working a night shift on earth and you hear this playing, just hop out your shyt :mjlol:

disrespectful young boys about to put you in a mixtape

tumblr_n1s8lnKjOm1s079ezo2_400.gifv

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Gundam Wing being hated on these days wouldn't bother me (I still love it but it legit had issues) if Gundam 00 wasn't getting love

Gundam 00 is complete garbage :rudy:it had all the potential in the world and dropped the ball