42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Guilty Crown wasn't trash though. I'm not saying it wasn't a failure given the personnel involved in making it but it was very watchable. Even had some good moments in it.

guilty crown was trash. stop it

this is what people talking about :mjlol: and you can't make up your mind between "i just watch everything, i had no idea this was <weird shyt>" and "i like to know what im getting myself into :troll:" anyways

a good moment every half dozen episodes is exactly what's wrong with a lot of these productions

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
guilty crown was trash. stop it

this is what people talking about :mjlol: and you can't make up your mind between "i just watch everything, i had no idea this was <weird shyt>" and "i like to know what im getting myself into :troll:" anyways
I don't watch everything. I constantly drop stuff and I easily made it all the way through Guilty Crown. Guilty Crown is in the range of being average or slightly better than average but it's not a good show. Something being middle of the pack when you have top tier expectations for it doesn't make it trash.

Go anywhere people gather and rank anime online and you'll see most rank it as average or slightly better.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2122656/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Guilty Crown - Anime - AniDB
5/10 on a site that uses the entire 1-10 scale.
Guilty Crown
Guilty Crown (TV) - Anime News Network:W
Ranking: very good
If you think it's trash you just have an outlier opinion. I don't pretend my outlier opinions are some type of consensus on a show I recognize them as much. Example I didn't like Tokyo Revengers. Didn't trash the show just not for me. Doesn't make it a bad show cause I didn't like it.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
I don't watch everything. I constantly drop stuff and I easily made it all the way through Guilty Crown. Guilty Crown is in the range of being average or slightly better than average but it's not a good show. Something being middle of the pack when you have top tier expectations for it doesn't make it trash.

Go anywhere people gather and rank anime online and you'll see most rank it as average or slightly better.
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt2122656/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1
Guilty Crown - Anime - AniDB
5/10 on a site that uses the entire 1-10 scale.
Guilty Crown
Guilty Crown (TV) - Anime News Network:W
Ranking: very good
If you think it's trash you just have an outlier opinion. I don't pretend my outlier opinions are some type of consensus on a show I recognize them as much. Example I didn't like Tokyo Revengers. Didn't trash the show just not for me. Doesn't make it a bad show cause I didn't like it.
all that shows is that the majority anime fans are dumb as hell, don't even know what they like half the time, and will watch anything. the only thing GC had going for it was production values - and flashy colors is more than enough for the average mouth breathing window licking body pillow fukking weirdo

again, part of the problem. im more than happy to have an outlier opinion on some of this shyt. :mjlol: people need their own standards

Beer Drinker

Blue Moon Cappuccino Oatmeal Stout
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
How do y’all decide on what anime y’all gonna watch? There’s so many of them. I usually only watch the well-known ones.

:russ::mjlol:

I scroll through crunchy and see what's new and looks interesting. Watch the first episode and go from there. Caught a couple of promising joints in the last week

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
all that shows is that the majority anime fans are dumb as hell, don't even know what they like half the time, and will watch anything. the only thing GC had going for it was production values - and flashy colors is more than enough for the average mouth breathing window licking body pillow fukking weirdo

again, part of the problem. im more than happy to have an outlier opinion on some of this shyt. :mjlol: people need their own standards
No it just shows that you can't separate your individual opinion on something from the general consensus on it. The general consensus doesn't change my opinion on anything but I at least acknowledge a lot of people like something even if I didn't. Guilty Crown has great production values and a great soundtrack. It's not like you can say you watch the show and the animation was all over the place with characters having mismatch proportions even between scenes.

It ain't trash. It's a well made anime with a questionable plot.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
No it just shows that you can't separate your individual opinion on something from the general consensus on it. The general consensus doesn't change my opinion on anything but I at least acknowledge a lot of people like something even if I didn't. Guilty Crown has great production values and a great soundtrack. It's not like you can say you watch the show and the animation was all over the place with characters having mismatch proportions even between scenes.

It ain't trash. It's a well made anime with a questionable plot.
i can't separate my opinion from general consensus? i dunno

we talking about individual opinions in here and i said the shyt was trash. maybe you and others can just deal with that :unimpressed:

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Guilty Crown suffered from the ideas were there and the execution was not. Lowkey how I feel about a number of shows, current and old.
that whole tangent was just a distraction from the part where i said how folks can't make up their mind between "i like to know what im getting into" v "i watch everything" too :mjlol:

we not trying to get on that again apparently :mjlol:

LauderdaleBoss

#TunnelGang #RingGangRadio
Staff member
Daps
Reppin
Lauderdale
The fukkery today in Battle after 5 seconds of meeting had me like :mjlol:

Almost feels like the abilities they give out are based off the personalities of the people.

cobra

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
How do y’all decide on what anime y’all gonna watch? There’s so many of them. I usually only watch the well-known ones.

:russ::mjlol:
choose a season on MyAnimeList (Ex Winter 2021, Spring 2019)
sort by score
choose one of them that is > 8

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Gimme 5 new anime to watch, brehs. I'm out of shows. Crunchyroll hasn't caught my attention with anything. But probably I'm overlooking something. :francis:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Gimme 5 new anime to watch, brehs. I'm out of shows. Crunchyroll hasn't caught my attention with anything. But probably I'm overlooking something. :francis:

Went through the same thing on Funimation. To give you valid suggestions, I need to know what you like and what you've already seen.