42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Leave Gundam Wing alone. :stopitslime:
I'll never diss Wing outright. But its.... I'm glad it was one of the first anime joints I ever watched.

Treize was 200IQ to me back then. Now? :scust:

A lot of the side characters hold up great though :manny: but Quattra was a bytch then and he's a bytch now. Dude makes Armin look like Judge Dredd. Should've gave his whole arrangement to Noin or something. Dude was routinely getting slapped around in his Gundam. shyt was unsightly and brought down the whole brand.

Wufei should've got more screen time or a spin off tho. He was with the shyts at all times. Kept a sword in his cockpit just in case someone wanted to run his fade on foot :ehh:
Gundam Wing being hated on these days wouldn't bother me (I still love it but it legit had issues) if Gundam 00 wasn't getting love

Gundam 00 is complete garbage :rudy:it had all the potential in the world and dropped the ball
I used to stan 00 something serious :mjlol:

but when season 2 picked up I just had to hold my L

Doctor Doom

Rest in peace, Akira Toriyama
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Latveria
00 1st season is legitimate GOAT shyt. 2nd season the fall-off is very noticeable, but mech designs abd hype moments saved it. 00 Raiser :wow: :damn:

Lockon II vs Revive was a top moment, fukk the haters. Trans-Am had only a moment of power left, he used it to dodge the Gadessa's saber, put the burner in Ole boy's ribs, and let it rip :wow:

I'll give Wing it's flowers just based off the mechs themselves.

OG Tallgeese is a Top 3-5, no cap. There will be months when I'm feeling the Sazabi or Sinanju, but Tallgeese is consistent piff. Add onto the fact you had to be a real nikka to pilot it as it literally killed lesser pilots :wow:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
@42 Monks & @Doctor Doom already knocked the analysis of the franchise outta the park, so I'm not going to retread those points. As to my selection for best iteration, I have to go with IBO.

It's the hood movie entry of the franchise. What if a group of youngins who grew up in the middle of this shyt got it out the mud and decided to make their own plays. They have no real idea just how big the world really is & how fukked up the adults are that run it but they're going to fight anyway, on their terms.

Gotta love a hood classic with mechs.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
I'll never diss Wing outright. But its.... I'm glad it was one of the first anime joints I ever watched.

Treize was 200IQ to me back then. Now? :scust:

A lot of the side characters hold up great though :manny: but Quattra was a bytch then and he's a bytch now. Dude makes Armin look like Judge Dredd. Should've gave his whole arrangement to Noin or something. Dude was routinely getting slapped around in his Gundam. shyt was unsightly and brought down the whole brand.

Wufei should've got more screen time or a spin off tho. He was with the shyts at all times. Kept a sword in his cockpit just in case someone wanted to run his fade on foot :ehh:

They missed a potential GOAT moment in Heero killing his hoe ass with the Mercurius. :martin:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Leave Gundam Wing alone. :stopitslime:
Gundam Wing is a product of its time. One of those shows that isn't timeless and your appreciation of it depends on if you watched it back then for the first time or much later. It's like watching the original Sailor Moon anime today.

tripleaamin

All Star
Daps
Pacing has been a lot slower than I expected for Slime. Kind of surprised this is the plan for the adaptation. Most of the info dump was stuff that we already knew coming in. I mean it is nice to show their support for Rimuru, but that was already told to us in the previous two private meetings.

Still, an interesting hint was brought up regarding Milim about her potentially "betraying" Clayman. I guess we are still waiting for the details on why she is working with him so closely.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
00 1st season is legitimate GOAT shyt. 2nd season the fall-off is very noticeable, but mech designs abd hype moments saved it. 00 Raiser :wow: :damn:

Lockon II vs Revive was a top moment, fukk the haters. Trans-Am had only a moment of power left, he used it to dodge the Gadessa's saber, put the burner in Ole boy's ribs, and let it rip :wow:

OG Tallgeese is a Top 3-5, no cap. There will be months when I'm feeling the Sazabi or Sinanju, but Tallgeese is consistent piff. Add onto the fact you had to be a real nikka to pilot it as it literally killed lesser pilots :wow:
Tallgeese is a probably the GOAT non-gundam to me :yeshrug:as you said - real ones only. rest of yal can die :manny:

regularly held its ground against best too

heero thought he was gonna win easy so many times :snoop:

also wufei > heero. wing zero was carrying that bum the whole series

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:myman:

Actually I didn't like how many of the "main" gundams looked in Gundam Wing.

:whoa:

I'm not shytting on them, I just don't like the bright, spiky, STACKED and multicolored shyt. I preferred the looks of the Mercurius (OZ version of mostly black and a little red and dem shields :whew:), Talgeese I (later models looked :scusthov: tho), Virgo IIs look boss as well, and I could work with them OZ Vayeates :obama: just slap on a new paint job.

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
Gundam Wing is a product of its time. One of those shows that isn't timeless and your appreciation of it depends on if you watched it back then for the first time or much later. It's like watching the original Sailor Moon anime today.

whoa homie Gundam Wing is one thing:whoa: but The OG Sailor Moon? :gucci:what?

Black_Panther_JS

Superstar
Daps