Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I put off Black Clover when they went to filler before the 6 month skip, and the damn show ended on me...

I'm up to Episode 161, when one of the Triad dudes and his two goons came thru and killed EVERYONE in Golden Dawn. The whole time, I'm :ohhh::dwillhuh::whoo::ooh::merchant::damn:

The sound of Bell's cries while her wings were disappearing :picard:

I wasn't expecting all of that, lol

Black Clover is a “God Tier” anime :wow:

And it ended or going on hiatus at terrible timing when the world needs it more than ever :to:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
source.gif

"You've had over a decade, and you still can't beat me. That makes you a clown" :picard:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Gotta be honest brehs, I started reading the Demon Slayer manga but it hasn't caught me as I thought it was going to. So far I've read the Red Light District and the Swordsmith Village arcs and they've been good but not :whoo: worthy.

The fact the series is literally "shonen 101" hits harder in the manga because it doesn't have the incredible animation to compensate how formulaic the whole series is. Now, I still enjoy it and appreciate how even though it follows the formula to a T, it executes it flawlessly. But I was expecting a little bit from this, it's just not elite or "next level" type of material :manny:

If it wasn't for Ufotable, it would've never boomed even 1/10th of what it ended up booming.

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
Gotta be honest brehs, I started reading the Demon Slayer manga but it hasn't caught me as I thought it was going to. So far I've read the Red Light District and the Swordsmith Village arcs and they've been good but not :whoo: worthy.

The fact the series is literally "shonen 101" hits harder in the manga because it doesn't have the incredible animation to compensate how formulaic the whole series is. Now, I still enjoy it and appreciate how even though it follows the formula to a T, it executes it flawlessly. But I was expecting a little bit from this, it's just not elite or "next level" type of material :manny:

If it wasn't for Ufotable, it would've never boomed even 1/10th of what it ended up booming.

Demon Slayer peaks in the final arc. At that point it becomes next level.

I think if MAPPA adapated DS it'd still be a chart topper, definately more popular than JJK. Maybe not best anime release of all time though.

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

A good adaption can make okay source material better than it is. But IMO, If there was more development across the board with the cast and just the arcs period were much more varied scene-wise/thematically. I'd think much better of the franchise than I do. It felt like someone trying to any % before getting ax'd. :mjlol:

Last edited:

Jmare007

pico pal q lee
Daps
Reppin
Chile
Demon Slayer peaks in the final arc. At that point it becomes next level.

I think if MAPPA adapated DS it'd still be a chart topper, definately more popular than JJK. Maybe not best anime release of all time though.

JJK is way more compelling to me. Though you might be right off the strength of Tanjiro being a way more traditional and better main character than Yuji, specially for a shonen. Still, the story and world of JJK smokes Demon Slayer :yeshrug:

Consumed

Superstar
Daps
JJK is way more compelling to me. Though you might be right off the strength of Tanjiro being a way more traditional and better main character than Yuji, specially for a shonen. Still, the story and world of JJK smokes Demon Slayer :yeshrug:

It's close to me.

Can agree on JJK being more consistent. Both in terms of story and tone. The power system allows for more fight creativity as well.

I think Demon Slayer has more compelling themes. Better character designs (uniquely patterned Hakama/Haori vs Jujutsu Tech uniforms). More sympathetic characters.

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
Black Clover is a “God Tier” anime :wow:

And it ended or going on hiatus at terrible timing when the world needs it more than ever :to:
:mjlol:

thought it was merely okay til the last arc. last arc is godlike.