We've had a year. Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around? EDIT I was wrong w/ on new evidence

Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around?

• Yes

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

FLORIDA BOI

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
my take: wilson drove by, saying something like "get the fukk out of the street" while they were jay walking. mike probably responded with some slick shyt, maybe even gave him the finger. wilson reversed the cruiser and grabbed brown aggressively through the car. mike brown attempts to push wilson off, causing a tussle through the car. an aggravated wilson gets angry and shoots mike brown. so brown and dorian take off running,

(check the succession of shots)

wilson gets out of the car, starts firing at brown. mike gets hit in the arm then turns around with his hands up. darren, from ATLEAST 150 ft away, decides that it's too late to go back now, and executes MB while his hands are up. while collapsing, another bullet enters the the top of his head.

now we have to keep a few things in mind about these shooting. cops (and ccw carriers) are trained to kill. leaving us alive can potentially cost billions in lawsuits. not to mention it becomes their word vs a dead mans. wilson knew once he fired those shots, he'd have to finish the job

I say no

But this is the best case I have heard for the situation , I always thought how about how could the scenario have went down

I don't believe mike brown super saiyaned up came at the cop either , plus the video of the white guys sayin he had his hands up!

But his dumb ass friend told a lie right from jump , the video of him in the store , he punched this cac in the face?

Even if the cop grabbed him you can't throw hands with a cop u gone lose in that situation you garunteed to

catch a charge.

Trayvon and eric garner ,,, the car crash shooting cases are a different story those cases I think are the ones that we shoulda been still

goin off on .

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Cant speak for Missouri, but here in Georgia. A regular civilian cant shoot to kill another civilian unless there in immediate danger which includes after being assaulted or burglarized. Same rules should apply to cops.. If I walk up to cop and smack him in the face then back away with my hands in the air (or run away) and he shoots and kills me, he shouldnbe charged with murder according to the law
which is why MB got shot in the squad car...

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
The Mike Brown case exposed how the PD in Ferguson was running an extortion racket on black residents via phony traffic stops, tickets and arrests. When those residents couldn't afford to pay they were then jailed by the judicial system. Also, the racial makeup vs arrest disparity was cited multiple times.

The Mike Brown case showed that racist whites were being propped up by a racist system and that trying to do things "by the law" didn't help black residents. Even had the prosecutor in cahoots with law enforcement. You have to be a simple minded fukk to think that wasn't THE cause to rally around. Short of Baltimore fukkery you aren't going to get a better view of how racism works from an individual and systematic level in this country. Simple fools still focused on whether Mike Brown was a thug and if the officer was justified (:mjlol:) and keep missing the ways these CACS will twist shyt to fit a convenient narrative and paint one of their own a hero for killing a black person.

Also, negged.
But this was after the DoJ had to make an example out of Ferguson. There were calls for SOMETHING to be done and that was just a bone to the public. They couldn't even indict DW on all the evidence and data they had. Thats what stands out to me.

Do I deny a racist structure in place, absolutely not. I know it exists, but burden of proof is a hell of a thing when it comes to the law.

Squirrel from Meteor Man

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If it's a lie, then we fight on that lie. - Slim Charles

I don't care what Mike Brown was doing before he was harassed for walking in the street. It's moot. CNN and Fox demonize victims to the point where people like yourself go against common and moral sense in order to justify the killing of an unarmed person. If an admitted racist (Darren Wilson who says he now goes out to eat at places with "like-minded" people to avoid any conflict) isn't patrolling an all black neighborhood, then Mike Brown is still alive today.

Suck it, Napoleon.

Edub

Veteran
Daps
There have been better cases (and it pains me to say this) to rally around and promote issues of police brutality reform and the disparities of black criminal justice. I'm not really seeing a cut and dry case with Mike Brown. Theres been too much doubt introduced and I can't help but look back at all of the data in the case thus far.

1. We don't have the dispatch audio of why Darren Wilson (DW) pulled Mike Brown (MB) over
  2. We don't have the footage of MB fighting with DW
  3. We don't have reliable footage of DW shooting MB from witnesses
  4. We don't truly know if DW knew MB had just committed a robbery (which is why we need the dispatch audio
  5. we don't reliably know what MB said to DW or how he acted
  6. we don't know WHEN MB put his hands up in the air
  7. We do know DW was assaulted. Big no-no, even as a cop
  8. The witness testimony is incongruent. Too many people said "he had his hands up" and others say there was a scuffle before his hands were up.
DW is obviously a white supremacist. I get it. But...where or how did the case differ in how DW said it happened with MB?

I feel like a lot of people are too stubborn to look back and say, "Yeah, we jumped the gun on this one."

To this day, I can not justifiably look at the evidence, official and circumstantial, and say that DW was truly in the wrong or outside of his duties that day and that MB was as functionally as innocent in his interaction with DW as others have claimed.

To the clowns out there, Go ahead and 1-star this...Most of ya'll will do it regardless so get it out of your system. I know this is controversial...but I also know that'll be easier than discussing how justice might actually be handed down or how the facts of the case have influenced your opinion of these complex matters.
Your Drake stanning was one thing...but this:stopitslime:..it's time to send ya ass back to Bollywood, first off God bless and respect for the dead, second when were U EVER GETTING BEHIND THE MIKE BROWN CASE...yo ass was watching CNN like the rest of the country, and u talkin this US shyt like u was ridin wit us FOH:camby:no way u could have been behind Mike when it happened and be comin wit this bullshyt today...YOU WERE NEVER BEHIND MIKE...UR AN OUT OF TOUCH BLOGGER B

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Your Drake stanning was one thing...but this:stopitslime:..it's time to send ya ass back to Bollywood, first off God bless and respect for the dead, second when we're U EVER GETTING BEHIND THE MIKE BROWN CASE...yo ass was watching CNN like the rest of the country, and u talkin this US shyt like u was ridin wit us FOH:camby:no way u could have been behind Mike when it happened and be comin wit this bullshyt today...YOU WERE NEVER BEHIND MIKE...UR AN OUT OF TOUCH BLOGGER B
I was totally on MB's side... :ufdup:

even after the clerk assault footage come out... :wow:

but when I saw that dude was fighting DW in the cop car... :francis:

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's been proven that he tried to attack the cop but people were too busy thinking of catchy hashtags I guess

Edub

Veteran
Daps
I was totally on MB's side... :ufdup:

even after the clerk assault footage come out... :wow:

but when I saw that dude was fighting DW in the cop car... :francis:
So the fact that after the scuffle standing nearly 15 feet away with his hands up and NO WEAPON he should have been shot in the head and numerous other places, I don't know if you've ever seen an episode of Cops but cops scuffle with suspects all the time...deescalating the situation is what the officer is supposed to do... As well as preserve all possible life, which he didn't ...wake up man, u'd flip if your child was taken that way:yeshrug:

Black_Jesus

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
from the home of coca-cola, i'm not referring to s
So the fact that after the scuffle standing nearly 15 feet away with his hands up and NO WEAPON he should have been shot in the head and numerous other places, I don't know if you've ever seen an episode of Cops but cops scuffle with suspects all the time...deescalating the situation is what the officer is supposed to do... As well as preserve all possible life, which he didn't ...wake up man, u'd flip if your child was taken that way:yeshrug:
nikkas really in here trying to justify murder breh :mindblown:.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Initially, I asked a similar question but once I heard more about the situation and as more information came out, the answer is an absolute yes. See, it's not just the interplay between MB and DW that is troubling but the fact that the cover up went as far and as deep as it did. This was clearly a situation there police are the hands of the oligarchy, meant to unfairly tax, and instill fear in the poor mostly Black populace. What was disturbing was that the corruption went as high as state lines and what's even worse is that even if a federal investigation was mandated, the facts have been blurred to the point where the result would have been inconclusive. Never in 2015 in the age of social media, has such a cut and dry incident been muddled so badly. So it's not whether not Mike Brown was innocent per se, but the fact was he was killed by the police and the officer was not only let off the hook but the matter was not further investigated, which then led to the idea of whether or not Black lives even matter.