We've had a year. Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around? EDIT I was wrong w/ on new evidence

Was Mike Brown the right case to rally around?

• Yes

Votes: 53 60.2%
  • No

Votes: 28 31.8%
  • Unsure

Votes: 7 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
There have been better cases (and it pains me to say this) to rally around and promote issues of police brutality reform and the disparities of black criminal justice. I'm not really seeing a cut and dry case with Mike Brown. Theres been too much doubt introduced and I can't help but look back at all of the data in the case thus far.

1. We don't have the dispatch audio of why Darren Wilson (DW) pulled Mike Brown (MB) over
  2. We don't have the footage of MB fighting with DW
  3. We don't have reliable footage of DW shooting MB from witnesses
  4. We don't truly know if DW knew MB had just committed a robbery (which is why we need the dispatch audio
  5. we don't reliably know what MB said to DW or how he acted
  6. we don't know WHEN MB put his hands up in the air
  7. We do know DW was assaulted. Big no-no, even as a cop
  8. The witness testimony is incongruent. Too many people said "he had his hands up" and others say there was a scuffle before his hands were up.
DW is obviously a white supremacist. I get it. But...where or how did the case differ in how DW said it happened with MB?

I feel like a lot of people are too stubborn to look back and say, "Yeah, we jumped the gun on this one."

To this day, I can not justifiably look at the evidence, official and circumstantial, and say that DW was truly in the wrong or outside of his duties that day and that MB was as functionally as innocent in his interaction with DW as others have claimed.

To the clowns out there, Go ahead and 1-star this...Most of ya'll will do it regardless so get it out of your system. I know this is controversial...but I also know that'll be easier than discussing how justice might actually be handed down or how the facts of the case have influenced your opinion of these complex matters.

Mike Brown robbed that quickie mart no matter what people want to think, but when Darren Wilson stopped him on the street he didn't know any of that. In the context of that stop, Darren Wilson invoked a death sentence for walking on a residential road. I actually went to the crime scene and that area is like a little one-entrance neighborhood, so it wasn't like he was strolling down the interstate.

If you've ever taken a civics class, a lot of those famous cases come from a guy who's not clean at all having his Constitutional rights violated (like Miranda).

Edub

Veteran
Daps
nikkas really in here trying to justify murder breh :mindblown:.
Crazy, but check this, dude isn't a nikka...he Indian...not saying his input isn't valid...we're all human...but clearly dude has no understanding of how shyt goes down between us and popo.,.these cats be BOLD AS HELL on the net...cuz if shyt was face to face he'd be spitting out teeth:comeon:

Edub

Veteran
Daps
This fakkit @Napoleon will defend Drake harder than he does young black men getting killed by cops.
He's Indian ...shyt ain't personal for him...(on a side note, this is symbolic of why I don't run wit drake, his fans r outta touch)...he should be banned from this forum...facts:scust:

Daps
two 6'4 dudes going at each other one unarmed I don't see the "threat" unless mike brown was charging at Darren Wilson with a machete which he wasn't

Edub

Veteran
Daps
DW had no idea if MB was armed and this is my only problem

He'd already shot MB at this point cause MB was more or less attacking him (a uniformed cop) IN HIS CAR.

Your benefit of the doubt for having your hands up (and quickly reaching for something) goes out the window when you've already tried to attack the cop. And this is where DW might have crossed the line, but its not totally confirmed IMO. Theres too much doubt.
Who made up the rule that his benefit of the doubt goes out the window (of your hands going up) because he scuffled earlier...in war a combatant can be shooting at u one minute, throw his weapon down, raise his hands up and surrender...and if you're seen still shooting that combatant you'll get hit with a court martial for murder...BECAUSE HIS FUKKING HANDS WERE UP...U DO NOT KNOW COP LAWS SO STOP IT...there first objective is to resume peace and to preserve life theirs and those involved if possible...IT WAS POSSIBLE, he shot anyway...fukk what u talmbout lil boy:pacspit:

Daps
Reppin
flowerpots
Stop. :what: :dahell: :snoop:

Yes, it does.

PERIOD.

When you assault a cop, depending on whatever that cop feels is justified or can be reviewed, you're at their mercy.

DW shouldn't have shot a fleeing MB...but MB getting shot during that tussle seems justified IMO and theres not much you can say to challenge any evidence of that.

MB got shot cause he punched a cop in his squad car.

Anything after that we can debate.
so submissive
truly the perfect patriot, a true bottom feeder :wow: