Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
One thing, Pray For Paris > HWH 7, which was back in April :mjlol: you say “bottom 3“ as if you’re talking about some Eminem albums. All these releases are quality releases, some just sound better than others. Nothing is really changing, you may simply need a Griselda break based on your vehement descriptions :pachaha:
You’re right, nothing is really changing. He’s releasing the same projects over and over, no growth as an artist and shyt is stale now. These aren’t even albums at this point, they’re playlists that can be interchanged without any difference being made.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
One person goes all “woe is me, Griselda is losing their touch” and everyone starts falling in line like clockwork :mjlol::mjlol:
I don’t think they’re losing their touch at all but I just never expect much from WSG and I’m usually pleasantly surprised. This time not as much.
:manny:

Any Shady release from them that doesn’t sound bland production wise is also always going to be a pleasant and unexpected surprise.

yourgod

Pro
Daps
This is a dirty ass album, it sounds like a return to his hitler 2-4 sound. One thing I appreciate about wsg is he puts doods on tracks that you know they would never rhyme on. Blackthought would never rap on that shyt for one of his own projects, same for kiss. West is a good curator of sound for rappers, and he's even better when samples are involved.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
So you're telling me if he comes out with a project that actually sounds good, people will like it?

JdfqW.gif

Let's hop off for a minute, Gunn's projects have been on a decline since Hitler 7. Starting with that, its been "take the best songs and scrap the rest," but now, even that's hard to do. This might be the worst project he's ever put out. Bottom 3 at minimum.

Awesome God 2 was worst than this. And how was P4P a decline? :unimpressed:

One thing, Pray For Paris > HWH 7, which was back in April :mjlol: you say “bottom 3“ as if you’re talking about some Eminem albums. All these releases are quality releases, some just sound better than others. Nothing is really changing, you may simply need a Griselda break based on your vehement descriptions :pachaha:

Pretty much... I fukked with P4P heavy, I ain't like Awesome God 2 and this is better than that. I think nikkas is just fatigued of Gunn tbh. I've seen these nikkas do it with Conway after GOAT dropped and then Daringer last year. If Benny gave us 4 full projects in less than a year with more to come, I wouldn't be surprised if nikkas started saying the same shyt. :hubie:

Heavy_Handz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This dude has wasted so many crazy beats over the past couple years it’s insane. Dude is a terrible rapper with a great ear for beats. :mjcry::ehh:

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I like this album more than Pray For Paris but not more than Supreme Blientele

I think he should've spaced them out. Getting this album on a major is special, it was sandwiched between too many other drops which hurt it imo

ShaDynasty

Chaos Theory Part 1 - The Album
Daps
He's supposedly retiring at the end of the year right? The people complaining about him won't have to hear him for much longer. Actually they could just decide not to listen right now...

I hope he doesn't retire personally. I'd listen to another 15 projects that sound just like this :manny:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
He's supposedly retiring at the end of the year right? The people complaining about him won't have to hear him for much longer. Actually they could just decide not to listen right now...

I hope he doesn't retire personally. I'd listen to another 15 projects that sound just like this :manny:
yeah supposedly he's doing one more solo project and that's it. I heard Gunnlib got canned for some reason so it'll probably be another Hermes or something. And I think they're allowing room for Hall & Nash 2 and any other WSG features on other Griselda projects to not count because it's an "I'm retiring from solo rap projects" thing.

I don't know. I still don't fully know if I buy that he's retiring.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I like this album more than Pray For Paris but not more than Supreme Blientele

I think he should've spaced them out. Getting this album on a major is special, it was sandwiched between too many other drops which hurt it imo
Yeah it doesn't help that it's not spaced out but I'm surprised that you like this more than Paris.

I'm not a big WSG solo project fan but Paris is one of the ones I like the most besides Flygod and Blientele. I really like about 2/3rds of it, which is pretty good for a WSG project to me outside of the 2 I named earlier which I think are the best 2 by a good margin.

Newark88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Newark, NJ
Yeah it doesn't help that it's not spaced out but I'm surprised that you like this more than Paris.

I'm not a big WSG solo project fan but Paris is one of the ones I like the most besides Flygod and Blientele. I really like about 2/3rds of it, which is pretty good for a WSG project to me outside of the 2 I named earlier which I think are the best 2 by a good margin.
Yea I prefer Paris over this one.

Sami

Rookie
Daps
yeah supposedly he's doing one more solo project and that's it. I heard Gunnlib got canned for some reason so it'll probably be another Hermes or something. And I think they're allowing room for Hall & Nash 2 and any other WSG features on other Griselda projects to not count because it's an "I'm retiring from solo rap projects" thing.

I don't know. I still don't fully know if I buy that he's retiring.
wait gunnlib got canned?