Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

mozichrome

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i enjoyed the project. West continued providing the music I like from him
frank murphy beat is fine. everybody did their thing on the track, well except nick estee i swear breh starts off fine and just start fukking rambling.
that's been my problem with the 2 tracks WSG has had him on

West cool with the singing he does, All Praises would have me singing on car drive to someplace or something. with him putting Camino on this project, i wish Camino gets to do some singing hooks on his projects going forward. maybe also get a 38 spesh beat too

i dont listen to Ishkabibble past West verse
I still dont hear it for Armani Ceasar

Liz Loves Luger. normally i have no problem with these type songs West makes, he's made plenty in the same vein but for me this 1 was really over the top. i deleted it

people saying West dropping too much, he should let the music breathe. meh i hope due keeps going.
u can decide not to listen to the music at the time
been plenty of new stuff that come out and i listen to it at later date

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
wait gunnlib got canned?
I wanna say someone asked him about it on Twitter or IG and he mentioned something about it. But I can't find a link or a source so I don't wanna go off that.

He did say after WMTS that he has one more drop as a solo artist before retirement, and he's said for sure there's an Hermes 8 this year on Halloween, so I figured that might be it. But who fukkin' knows with this dude. He hasn't talked about Gunnlib in forever but the last time he did he was saying December.

edit: :jbhmm:I guess he could get by on a technicality and say it's a joint album with madly and not a solo album. Because it sounds like that's how they're gonna handle Hall & Nash 2.

Sami

Rookie
Daps
I wanna say someone asked him about it on Twitter or IG and he mentioned something about it. But I can't find a link or a source so I don't wanna go off that.

He did say after WMTS that he has one more drop as a solo artist before retirement, and he's said for sure there's an Hermes 8 this year on Halloween, so I figured that might be it. But who fukkin' knows with this dude. He hasn't talked about Gunnlib in forever but the last time he did he was saying December.

edit: :jbhmm:I guess he could get by on a technicality and say it's a joint album with madly and not a solo album. Because it sounds like that's how they're gonna handle Hall & Nash 2.
i think hwh8 is his last solo and maybe he’ll drop those two and call it a day

Tetris v2.0

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I was tripping putting this over P4P, I still like it though. Just weird that he makes a sequel to WWCD as his solo, while the others seem to be branching out from that sound

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Just weird that he makes a sequel to WWCD as his solo, while the others seem to be branching out from that sound
No doubt. If anything it makes me happy that the WWCD/WMTS sound is what he prefers and not what the others prefer. Because WSG is my least favorite and he's about to be gone soon. So hopefully we won't have to worry about him fukking up the sounds for the rest.

It's funny that he gets all the credit for being the great executive producer (and a lot of that praise is warranted) but he's fumbled a lot in 2020 compared to his cohorts. Awesome God 2 and WMTS are some of the worst Griselda releases ever during their best calendar year overall.