Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

VladTheImpaler

The Sensational Prince
Daps
Reppin
The Palace of Eternal Sun
No doubt. If anything it makes me happy that the WWCD/WMTS sound is what he prefers and not what the others prefer. Because WSG is my least favorite and he's about to be gone soon. So hopefully we won't have to worry about him fukking up the sounds for the rest.

It's funny that he gets all the credit for being the great executive producer (and a lot of that praise is warranted) but he's fumbled a lot in 2020 compared to his cohorts. Awesome God 2 and WMTS are some of the worst Griselda releases ever during their best calendar year overall.
Pray for Paris better than anything they put out in 2020 tho :manny:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Pray for Paris better than anything they put out in 2020 tho :manny:
:mjtf:
I mean opinions are opinions so I doubt I know I can't change your mind, but you really got Pray for Paris over King to a God, Burden of Proof, Tea in China, Lulu, and No One Mourns the Wicked?

I think Paris is better than Versace Tape, The Liz, Who Made the Sun Shine, and Awesome God 2. Paris is my 6th favorite project from a Griselda artist this year (5th if you throw out Tea in China since the ink hadn't dried on Boldy's contract yet).

I'll extend and olive branch. :whoa:If I'm in the mood to listen to WSG, I'd rather listen to Paris than any of the GxFR projects this year. But just in general if I want to hear dope rhyming over dope beats, I'd first go to King, Burden, and China.

I really love 7 out of the 13 of the joints on Paris. The other 6 I can take or leave. :hubie:

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Have the sales figures and billboard position been released yet? I’ve searched but can’t find anything

FrankieLymon757

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Didn't like this one at all...how did West go from sugar to shyt within a year.. Daringer is garbage..same slow drums and piano loop on damn near all the songs...wasn't even feeling Alchemist on this...the highlights were the features...Slick Rick showed his azz too..this project just sounds unenthused..West thought he could slide and feed us sum bs ...smh

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
Good album, like the alchemist produced cuts and the features (not listening to the 8 minute song I'm sorry)