Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
This shyt so trash

Horrible ass beats just to be different
Honestly I haven’t listened to anything on here this week besides 98 Sabers and the verses from Stove God, Boldy, Jadakiss, and Black Thought. And only a couple times each.

I was hoping some spins over the weekend would help it grow on me but this is easily near the bottom of the entire Griselda catalogue to me.

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Honestly I haven’t listened to anything on here this week besides 98 Sabers and the verses from Stove God, Boldy, Jadakiss, and Black Thought. And only a couple times each.

I was hoping some spins over the weekend would help it grow on me but this is easily near the bottom of the entire Griselda catalogue to me.
I think you’re right that the Daringer/Beat Butcha tandem is best off being separate.

I still like Ocean Prime and Big Basha’s but those are the only standout beats on this one

Edit: lessie’s too.

overall like I said earlier this one just doesn’t feel like a major label debut album even though I like a good bit of it

Last edited:

Morose Polymath

GODHOOD
Poster of the Year
Daps
Reppin
Above The Clouds

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
I think I’m officially done peeping Gunn’s music. I listened to this twice and there are maybe two or three tracks I’ll revisit. It’s the same shyt again. It’s amazing how even without samples they found a way to make their shyt homogenous again. The drums, the xylophone type sounds or whatever...sigh...

JA_Carter

Superstar
Daps
Couldn’t even get through my second listen :francis: weird how he dropped a top 10 album this year with Pray for Paris yet his last two albums are trash and almost a parody of himself.

surv2syn

The Culture
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Breh, I'm really starting to get every criticism lobbed against Griselda now. Halfway through this and I got the same face on.

What in the hell are some of yall listening to :gucci:

Edit: Frank Murphy really wants to be a dusted out RZA loop when it grows up. fukk outta here :scust:

the thing about Conductor is, he is REALLY nice on the beats, I mean stoopid.... but WSG picks his worst ones and people hail it as some genius beat-picking