Westside Gunn - Who Made The Sunshine (Discussion Thread)

Xtz23

All Star
Daps
its a great song for his album, but Con and Benny were so :picard: :scust: that I skip right past the first two verses.
This is 100 percent accurate for that reason the song loses replay value for me. Gunns verse was horrible and Armani Caesar :francis:. The tracks half garbage(wsg/ac) half amazing(Conway/Benny).

AJtheOne

Nets/Giants/Yankees
Daps
Reppin
N.E.W. Jerz/#TNT
Yea brehs these last 2 Westside Ginn projects have not been on par wit Pray For Paris:ld:not even close.

I guess he's retiring for a reason:manny:

Conway been on a roll this year tho.:myman:

Benny hasn't been active enough:smh:breh gotta keep grinding

TripleAgent

Holding my nuts fukking thousand dollar lesbians
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
take 98 Sabres and remove Gunn and Armani and let Con and Benny trade bars back and forth ala Jason and David in 98 and that would be a classic track
I wish Gunn went harder, but I love it besides that.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I think I’m officially done peeping Gunn’s music. I listened to this twice and there are maybe two or three tracks I’ll revisit. It’s the same shyt again. It’s amazing how even without samples they found a way to make their shyt homogenous again. The drums, the xylophone type sounds or whatever...sigh...
Totally Agreed but I kind of think for the opposite reason. I don’t know why everyone thinks no samples makes for more variety of sounds. It’s usually the opposite. Unless someone is a true musician that can play a ton of instruments or bring in musicians, sampling is usually going to lead to more variety in sounds. Also most of the famous producers that say they don’t sample are either playing with semantics or just straight up lying.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
One person goes all “woe is me, Griselda is losing their touch” and everyone starts falling in line like clockwork :mjlol::mjlol:

shyt's hilarious, I don't even see how you can compare this to Awesome God 2 this shyt is waaaaay better. :pachaha:

Watch when Hitler 8 come out with all the samples, you'll see the praises all over again. :sas2:

Stone

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt's hilarious, I don't even see how you can compare this to Awesome God 2 this shyt is waaaaay better. :pachaha:

Watch when Hitler 8 come out with all the samples, you'll see the praises all over again. :sas2:
Nah the stove god and Rome streetz tracks on awesome god 2 are better than the joints on here. Buffs vs wires too.

this one was straight it’s just a bit underwhelming for what’s supposed to be a major label debut.

Ty-Fife

14k Gold Slum Computer Wizard
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Nah the stove god and Rome streetz tracks on awesome god 2 are better than the joints on here. Buffs vs wires too.

this one was straight it’s just a bit underwhelming for what’s supposed to be a major label debut.

I like Butcher and the Blade better than those tracks and we not gonna get another FlyGod or Blientele if son can't use samples, it is what it is. :yeshrug:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps

So you're telling me if he comes out with a project that actually sounds good, people will like it?

JdfqW.gif

Let's hop off for a minute, Gunn's projects have been on a decline since Hitler 7. Starting with that, its been "take the best songs and scrap the rest," but now, even that's hard to do. This might be the worst project he's ever put out. Bottom 3 at minimum.

BK The Great

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BK NY
I actually like this project better than the last one even though that also had dope songs on there. WSG isn't the rapper's rapper, he just has a vibe that's different from others.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
So you're telling me if he comes out with a project that actually sounds good, people will like it?

JdfqW.gif

Let's hop off for a minute, Gunn's projects have been on a decline since Hitler 7. Starting with that, its been "take the best songs and scrap the rest," but now, even that's hard to do. This might be the worst project he's ever put out. Bottom 3 at minimum.

One thing, Pray For Paris > HWH 7, which was back in April :mjlol: you say “bottom 3“ as if you’re talking about some Eminem albums. All these releases are quality releases, some just sound better than others. Nothing is really changing, you may simply need a Griselda break based on your vehement descriptions :pachaha: