Western games vs Japanese games: Which ones do you like more?

Which do you favor?

• Japanese

• Western

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
West got some franchises in that list that had a spark when they started...but hell so does Japan. :ehh:

Think if it's an overall thing, Japan wins by a good margin. Past, Japan blows it away. More recent, West has a decent lead.

Everything alright breh? I notice you be on some other shyt from time to time breh.:whoa:
Yeah, breh. I'm not doing well. I'm on my addict shyt. I just got back from detox, but obviously failed recently. The sober life is hard :mjcry: But, I persist

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Old folks with nostalgia are picking japan, but the market and the numbers don't lie, western games crush them. Something like Witcher and GTA would crush every japanese rpg. MK crushes the slow pace street fighter, SF is good because of nostalgia but mechanically and graphic wise MK runs a hell of a lot smoother, don't even bring up Tekken. Something like God of War, Dying Light, Days Gone. I mean it's not even close anymore unless you like platform but then I could just bring up Limbo, Inside or Little Nightmare . Even the Japanese bow these days. Run this poll on a japanese site and see what they say themselves :scust:

Last edited:

Kingshango

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
I know one thing japanese games have over western game by a significant margin: MUSIC!

I challenge you to find a western game OST from last year that touches Nier Automata:

The only western competitor from last year would probably be Sonic Mania, since the music was done by a western composer.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
Old folks with nostalgia are picking japan, but the market and the numbers don't lie, western games crush them. Something like Witcher and GTA would crush every japanese rpg. MK crushes the slow pace street fighter, SF is good because of nostalgia but mechanically and graphic wise MK runs a hell of a lot smoother, don't even bring up Tekken. Something like God of War, Dying Light, Days Gone. I mean it's not even close anymore unless you like platform but then I could just bring up Limbo, Inside or Little Nightmare . Even the Japanese bow these days. Run this poll on a japanese site and see what they say themselves :scust:
GTA ain't from this gen, Witcher is old as hell.
Tekken is the best selling fighting franchise, and it's one of the leading franchises amongst fighters. GoW ain't better than Bayonetta at all. and RE/ Dead Rising has been holding down the zombie genre. Nintendo currently has 3 games in the top 5 sales list right now. All the West really has is platformers, and they not outsellin Mario.
In the PS4/Xbox1/Switch era, the West doesn't stand a chance.:ufdup:
PS3/360/Wii era is a different story tho:ld:

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
GTA ain't from this gen, Witcher is old as hell.
Tekken is the best selling fighting franchise, and it's one of the leading franchises amongst fighters. GoW ain't better than Bayonetta at all. and RE/ Dead Rising has been holding down the zombie genre. Nintendo currently has 3 games in the top 5 sales list right now. All the West really has is platformers, and they not outsellin Mario.
In the PS4/Xbox1/Switch era, the West doesn't stand a chance.:ufdup:
PS3/360/Wii era is a different story tho:ld:
I meant GTA5 and Witcher 3, I'm surprised I had to say that. :scust:
and the best selling fighter game is smash bros which is a combination of so many games of course it can't lose. Nintendo target children, of course they have top selling games, but we're not talking about sells, we are talking about content. Pixar movies outsells plenty of Oscar winning movies, it doesn't mean shyt.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I meant GTA5 and Witcher 3, I'm surprised I had to say that. :scust:
and the best selling fighter game is smash bros which is a combination of so many games of course it can't lose. Nintendo target children, of course they have top selling games, but we're not talking about sells, we are talking about content. Pixar movies outsells plenty of Oscar winning movies, it doesn't mean shyt.
.....You realize it's 2018, right? GTA V is not from this gen, and the witcher is old as shyt.
Smash bros is a party game, still Japan tho. If we're not talking sales, Tekken still plays circles around MK, shyt ain't even close. This ain't even a bias thing, Japan got it brehs.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
.....You realize it's 2018, right? GTA V is not from this gen, and the witcher is old as shyt.
Smash bros is a party game, still Japan tho. If we're not talking sales, Tekken still plays circles around MK, shyt ain't even close. This ain't even a bias thing, Japan got it brehs.
And here are the best-selling games over the last 12 months:
  • Call of Duty: WWII.
  • Destiny 2**
  • NBA 2K18.
  • Madden NFL 18.
  • Grand Theft Auto V.
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare.
  • Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Wildlands.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild*
:mjlol:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
  • Destiny 2**
  • NBA 2K18.
  • Madden NFL 18.
  • Grand Theft Auto V.
You seriously gonna pretend like COD ain't been ass since MW2. Or destiny 2 is a good game. Half that list is garbage games.

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
  • Destiny 2**
  • NBA 2K18.
  • Madden NFL 18.
  • Grand Theft Auto V.
Are you really gonna champion an annual Madden, 2k, and CoD right now? So it wasn't about sales....until it was?
:hula:
And since you wanna play funny style with your search umma help you out :umad:
Moving on to the best-selling games of the year, here's the top ten list:
  • Destiny 2^
  • Madden NFL 18.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild**
  • Grand Theft Auto V.
  • Star Wars: Battlefront II 2017^
  • Super Mario Odyssey**
  • Mario Kart 8**

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Are you really gonna champion an annual Madden, 2k, and CoD right now? So it wasn't about sales....until it was?
:hula:
And since you wanna play funny style with your search umma help you out :umad:
2 months into the year. Funny guy. :heh:

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
2 months into the year. Funny guy. :heh:
All those games are from before, only difference is the numbers are current. Article you posted from was also wildly inaccurate because it released before the holiday hit. Looks like Japan got this. Unless Bethesda got somethin up their sleeve, this year might be a runaway.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
All those games are from before, only difference is the numbers are current. Article you posted from was also wildly inaccurate because it released before the holiday hit. Looks like Japan got this. Unless Bethesda got somethin up their sleeve, this year might be a runaway.
1. Days Gone
2. Red Redemption II
3. God of war
4. Detroit
5. Spiderman

you?