Western games vs Japanese games: Which ones do you like more?

Which do you favor?

• Japanese

• Western

Results are only viewable after voting.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
Regardless if its cartoons or not. U playing fukkin video games and looking down on other gamers cause of art style?
I'm not the one crying over an opinion pedo, chill out and suck some balls or something.

Grand Conde

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Japanese games 100%.

A good Japanese game has something special that a good Western game (usually) doesn't have, either the gameplay is better (Nioh, MH World, MGS, Mario) or the story is better (The Last Guardian, Persona) or both are better (Bloodborne, Cold Steel, Zelda, Resident Evil). A quick look at Metacritic this gen backs this up.

Almost all of the memorable games I've played this gen have been Japanese with a few exceptions, almost all of which are indies. I'm sitting her playing SOTC thinking 'no big budget Western studio has the imagination/balls for this game :hhh:"

The only area Western Games have the advantage is multi-player and often user interface.

The only reason people we even have this discussion is because (a) mp games are massive now and (b) Square fukked up in terms of RPGs, so a lot of people prefer the Fallout and Skyrim stuff.

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
Western...

They may not be as good from a gameplay perspective but the majority of Japanese games turn me away immediately with their character designs...

Almost all their main protagonists seem to be white boyband trannies...:scust:

Raiden nearly killed MGS for me...