Western games vs Japanese games: Which ones do you like more?

Which do you favor?

• Japanese

• Western

Results are only viewable after voting.

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
Gotta go with western and I can sum it up perfectly
Western games make me feel like I’m playing in some crazy ass movie

Japanese games make me feel like I’m playing in a crazy ass Cartoon

Japs got it with fighting games and rpg’s and they are wildly creative and make great stories that don’t always make sense

But I feel like there’s more variety in westerns and the games play better, probably cause they’re more relatable to the culture we live in tho

Lord Bison

Superstar
Daps
full

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
We all going to pretend that western games haven’t dominated since the PlayStation 3 era?:usure:

Then again I guess it’s all subjective as the question asks.
Dominate with what?
Games from the PS3 era?
:sas2:
Western devs got lazy on us imo.

Dirty Mcdrawz

Your girl loves em....
Daps
Honestly I’m starting to rock with western games more. I still love Japanese games but the anime tropes and stories are :hhh: . The character models in most Japanese games are also:francis:

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
I voted Japanese games although I still am a huge fan of a lot of western series. Japan just has the numbers :yeshrug:

jdashmaj

Sixers/Bulls Fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Jersey in a new jersey
Easily Japanese games there are a few western outliers for me like Mass Effect, Last of Us, Horizon Zero Dawn, God of War, Gears of War, and Red Dead Redemption but I play and like way more Japanese developed titles than Western.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
I prefer the depth of story telling in Japanese games so I’m rolling with them on this one.

Really? I feel storytelling is the weakest part of Japanese game. So much of it is either bare bones (Nintendo, Capcom) or extremely convoluted (Square Enix, Konami).

Honestly I'm shocked at the poll results. I love both like everyone else, but I feel like western game developers have just eclipsed their Japanese peers over the last 10-15 years.

Return of the Jedi

Star Wars & Sneakers
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Anti-George Lucas Coalition
We all going to pretend that western games haven’t dominated since the PlayStation 3 era?:usure:

Then again I guess it’s all subjective as the question asks.
It's not subjective from a sales perspective at all..I mean if you take the GOAT Nintendo out of the equation its not even a question.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Really? I feel storytelling is the weakest part of Japanese game. So much of it is either bare bones (Nintendo, Capcom) or extremely convoluted (Square Enix, Konami).

Honestly I'm shocked at the poll results. I love both like everyone else, but I feel like western game developers have just eclipsed their Japanese peers over the last 10-15 years.
Japan just started to hit their stride sometime this gen. Last gen they hardly dropped anything big.