Western games vs Japanese games: Which ones do you like more?

Which do you favor?

• Japanese

• Western

Results are only viewable after voting.

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Yeah, breh. I'm not doing well. I'm on my addict shyt. I just got back from detox, but obviously failed recently. The sober life is hard :mjcry: But, I persist

Damn breh, what's goin on? :mjcry:

I been goin through some shyt but my self that makes me for sure stay away from substances and alcohol because I wanna focus on improving from that situation. Big fan of the day to day approach with anything, but I understand with drugs the relapse starts the second you even think about your usual substance.:mjcry:

Ciggavelli

|∞||∞||∞||∞|
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Damn breh, what's goin on? :mjcry:

I been goin through some shyt but my self that makes me for sure stay away from substances and alcohol because I wanna focus on improving from that situation. Big fan of the day to day approach with anything, but I understand with drugs the relapse starts the second you even think about your usual substance.:mjcry:
Definitely..thanks, breh :salute:

I’m jus on my alcohol shyt right now. It took me through some hard times, but it has finally taken it’s toll. I dunno how to live sober. shyt makes me sad as hell :to:

fukk addiction :pacspit:

Tigron

Superstar
Daps
I feel like my lil brother listed this. :dead:
Reach
Half the list is kid-friendly, half is not.
And don't front like most kids don't play violent games. :stopitslime:

We'll see what's good at the end of the year though. :mjgrin:

Amor fati

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Great Britain
Thanks, breh. I appreciate it. Being sober is hard :mjcry:

Your welcome my dude. I'll be honest with you I've never had a drinking problem in my life so I have no idea how hard it is to be sober. However, I do know that being addicted to something can be hard to let go due to its influence. Try getting spiritually help or discipline your self by stop hanging out with people that are drunks and limit the number of beverages you drink a day and lastly find other alternatives like hitting the gym, walking or exercising at the park, read self-help books, request for more hours at work and etc.

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Old folks with nostalgia are picking japan, but the market and the numbers don't lie, western games crush them. Something like Witcher and GTA would crush every japanese rpg. MK crushes the slow pace street fighter, SF is good because of nostalgia but mechanically and graphic wise MK runs a hell of a lot smoother, don't even bring up Tekken. Something like God of War, Dying Light, Days Gone. I mean it's not even close anymore unless you like platform but then I could just bring up Limbo, Inside or Little Nightmare . Even the Japanese bow these days. Run this poll on a japanese site and see what they say themselves :scust:

You outta your damn mind. JRPGS still killing it...Zelda, Persona, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nier, Monster Hunter? and SF is good because of nostalgia? Lol tell that to FGC... and Dragon Ball Fighterz is the best fighting game out right now by a large margin.

Japenese don't even fukk with Western games like that, i know that for a fact bro...they live in their own world and generally support Japenese games and consoles over everything lol tf you talking bout?

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
For me personally I've honestly never had a bias against either western/Japaneese games.

If i like it ill buy it or at the very least from 1988-1998 ask my parents to get it for me back then.

ChatGPT-5

Superstar
Daps
You outta your damn mind. JRPGS still killing it...Zelda, Persona, Dark Souls, Bloodborne, Nier, Monster Hunter? and SF is good because of nostalgia? Lol tell that to FGC... and Dragon Ball Fighterz is the best fighting game out right now by a large margin.

Japenese don't even fukk with Western games like that, i know that for a fact bro...they live in their own world and generally support Japenese games and consoles over everything lol tf you talking bout?
the last line was referring to platform.

dragon ball z? zelda? are you 12? they like child like and cartoonish games, and their legal age is 13. as an adult I don't take their trends serious. 30 year old men playing yoshi when they could be playing 2k or GTA is wild suspect. You better be playing with your son :camby:

Threnody

Superstar
Daps
My interest in video games is an extension of my interest in certain aspects of Japanese culture in general.

I can count the western game series that I fukk with on one hand.....Most of them bore the hell outta me

Biblical Goon

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

dragon ball z? zelda? are you 12? they like child like and cartoonish games, and their legal age is 13. as an adult I don't take their trends serious. 30 year old men playing yoshi when they could be playing 2k or GTA is wild suspect. You better be playing with your son :camby:

you sound insecure bro, if you cant dig dragon ball that sounds like a personal problem

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..

:what: nikka Dragon Ball FighterZ is one of the best fighting games on the market. It knocked Marvel vs Capcom out of EVO. Why dont u just state u dont know much of shyt about the fighting game scene and leave it at that. nikka its all video games. Regardless if its cartoons or not. U playing fukkin video games and looking down on other gamers cause of art style? U sound like an insecure child fam. Lol

NZA

LOL
Daps
Reppin
Run Thru U Like Skattebo
overall i love japanese games more. western games eventually took over in terms of graphics and online stuff, but my strongest memories of gaming are usually japanese games from the 90s. i think i just love the art style and the emphasis on core gameplay over cinematic fluff.