Wesley Snipes on Returning to the Blade Franchise

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
The reason why Blade is not as successful in comics than he is outside of it is due to vampires really not "mattering" in the Marvel universe or heck the superhero community in general. Vampires aren't that big or threat in the Marvel universe. Why are they? When you have mutants who can warp universes, Beyonders, Aliens like the skrulls, Eternals, Celestials, superpowered villains, demons, gods, Inhumans or people with extreme tech that can go one on one with Thor. Where do vampires fit into this??? Nowhere.

And the bad thing with Blade is that being a vampire is his gimmick. He is stuff with vampires and associated with them. He only appears in comics time to time when there is a story centered around vampires and so he becomes their vampire clean up guy. I wished Blade would had stayed around longer with the Mighty Avengers.

Anyways for Blade to get his own solo or at least become a B-list character IN COMICS, his character needs to expand beyond vampires, but that does not mean he should not stop being a super natural character. He should hunt or fight demons. Mephisto or the Marvel Lucifer should become his main villain instead of freaking Dracula every time. Mephisto or Lucifer would give him more of a challenge.

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I do think they should consider a new actor for the role but I wouldn't be mad if they bought back Wesley.

he maybe old but he doesnt look his age, hes perfect for this role and i cant see anybody younger playing it like wesley

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Guillermo del Toro was gonna direct blade 3. The studio did not want to wait for him to finish up hell boy, so goyer decided to direct it himself. Blade 3 would of been a way better movie if del toro directed

no way, the script was so fuking bad not even nolan could of saved it

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
he still outshined the rest of the cast, tbh, it may have sucked movie was but i cant fault wesley's talent as a martial artist

part 2 worked so well because del toro and wesley could relate on alot of things, right down to the kung fu, thats why they brough in donnie yen to choreograph some scenes (the first fight scene and the blade nomak fights), yet still kept the guy from part 1 to keep it similar to the original
I wasn't even trying to say that as a slight, it was more a case of Hoyer placing Wesley on the bench by design

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Ryan Reynolds was TERRIBLE in "Trinity". He was so annoying.

images

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
There original Blade 3 was actually this that Del Toro was going to work from this idea. He talked about a lot what he wanted to do but would eventually go to his TV show The Strain on the Blade II Blu Ray commentary. It probably would of worked if Del Toro would of stayed to direct it. Goyer didn't have that kind of power to sway the studio since he only had one other movie under his belt that Snipes helped him make called Zig Zag. New Line was hesitant at first about letting Goyer direct Trinity.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0359013/trivia?item=tr0770463

An early idea by David S. Goyer for the film was to be set many years after the events of Blade II (2002), where vampires finally had achieved world domination and enslaved all humans, with Blade being the last hope for humanity. Blade's slower aging could be explained by his vampire blood. The storyline was deemed too dark and was later dropped.

Last edited:

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
was DD a movie now? Why does everyone have to come off like an ass hole on here :why:

How am I coming off as an a$$hole? Anyways it doesnt matter if the DD series wasnt a movie, it was still pretty dark and violent. Especially the Kingpin part where he basically beheads someone using a flipping door.