Wesley Snipes on Returning to the Blade Franchise

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
Yeah I don't see them making it "R-rated". They want to get as many teens to watch it as possible. "Blade" did prove that an R-Rated Comic Book film can truly work on a blockbuster level. But it's too much of a risk financially to do "R-rated" comic movies. I'm fine with PG13 just let it be BLADE's show and nobody else. I hope "Black Panther" works out but they pushed it back. So just make "Blade 4" then if you keep playing games with "Black Panther". Matter of fact, Wesley should be in "Black Panther" as well.

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
amongst the many wrong things about trinity the story was the worst. So unless Guillermo was going to write up the script too I don't see your point?

Del Toro touched up Blade II's script so he'd definitely would've changed stuff for the third one as well. The only time Goyer ever delivers is if he's working with a more talented creative mind to rework some of his writings.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
You think the move to make blade a bit part in his own movie was made after the script was written? Cuz that's the point a director starts his gig
he still outshined the rest of the cast, tbh, it may have sucked movie was but i cant fault wesley's talent as a martial artist

part 2 worked so well because del toro and wesley could relate on alot of things, right down to the kung fu, thats why they brough in donnie yen to choreograph some scenes (the first fight scene and the blade nomak fights), yet still kept the guy from part 1 to keep it similar to the original

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I don't know, Blade is too rough, espcially in this post 9/11 world.

220px-Blade_II_movie.jpg

Came out 6 Months after 9/11. How could it be too rough? "Underworld" franchise is basically kinda of a Blade knockoff just with a woman as a "Daywalker". Now Rough in comparison to other Marvel movies? Yes I agree with that but it's not with what's in the market.

Last edited:

Rapmastermind

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
New York City
I Blade TV series by Marvel and with Wesley Snipes can work wondrously.

And lets not bring up the TV series starring Sticky Fingers. Doesn't count because SF is not Snipes. Not even close...

They went with him cause he's muscular and kinda of has the look. But he had zero Martial Arts skills like Wesley. Everyone keeps throwing out actors in this thread for a reboot but none of the actors mentioned has Martial Arts skills. Sorry but I don't want to see a non martial artist play Blade.

4604048-8693282233-blade.jpg

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
but then again Rated R was how the franchise began and how it picked up with the sequel, people tend to not care for 3 because it was pg-13, if theyre as smart now with making deadpool Rated R. they should def, do the same for this.

Another thing is, they need to give blade a good comic run with a good artist and writer, (my dream team would be capullo and jason aaron), seriously he hasnt had a good comic book run like since the days of x men

X-Men_02_SecondPrintingVariant.jpg

and if you remember way back in gambits solo series and peter parker spiderman
984228-124hw.jpg

008.jpg

oh and wesley snipes will always be blade on the big screen, its kinda like trying to recast the bruce lee role in enter the dragon, wes had his own style that he brought to the role that only he could pull off.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
Snipes is trolling fans disney/marvel will never revive blade not with him and certaining not as the R rated flicks we remember. Who the hell wants to see a pg13 blade anyway, wasn't trinity pg13
Blade Trinity was rated R. And I guess you never seen the DD Netflix series because that was dark as f*ck.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
I don't know, Blade is too rough, espcially in this post 9/11 world.

Wait what!? No offense but do you live under a rock? None of the Blade movies "rough" compared to many of the materials that are out these days. Things were actually more censored back then. Blade to rough for this post 9/11 world? lol. Guess you never watched Game of Thrones where women get raped and even paraded nude around a city. Maybe I just read this post out of context. IDK.

Bawon Samedi

Good bye Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Good bye Coli(2014-2020)
They went with him cause he's muscular and kinda of has the look. But he had zero Martial Arts skills like Wesley. Everyone keeps throwing out actors in this thread for a reboot but none of the actors mentioned has Martial Arts skills. Sorry but I don't want to see a non martial artist play Blade.

4604048-8693282233-blade.jpg

Agreed 100%. Sticky playing and his fight scenes looked so slow and sloppy that it was almost cringe-worthy. Wesley should return as Blade and it will benefit them. EVERYONE knows Blade being played by Wesley. Everyone and their moms. It will benefit Marvel a lot because seeing Wesley as Blade with the Avengers would generate A LOT of cheers in the movie theaters. This could have happened with Edward Norton and the Hulk, but Marvel can make a difference with Blade and Wesley. Wesley already has the resume... They don't even have to do a reboot or any big film. Just give Blade a Netflix miniseries starring Wesley and they'll be all good. And then have Wesley as Blade in the civil war movie.