Went to California, here's my review. long read with cliffs at top, no pics.

Timeis$

Banned
Daps
DMV(like Atlanta) seemed like a metro area geared towards Black prosperity, but overall didn't really capture me. I could see why Black professionals would move to places like DC, Atlanta, Dallas, etc, but from a tourist standpoint, they wouldn't seem anymore interesting or dynamic than Los Angeles. I've been to DC, and ATL, but not LA, so I could be wrong......but I doubt it.
Honestly it depends on your personality.
Real talk a lot of black people would rather live in areas with smaller blacker populations for whatever reasons.

My pops side of the family from D.C, I've lived in Atlanta, and have an Uncle and cousins who grew up in Cali.

If you not used to being around blacks with old money DMV can be intimidating to some but if you feel adequate about yourself you shouldn't feel intimidated. But DMV also has plenty of hood/poor blacks as well. But with that said I'd rather live in DMV compared to most places in the US.

I loved Atlanta, the vibe, the mindset, the women, and as someone who wants kids in the future I want my kids to grow up in areas with black culture/influence that isn't just poor or the ghetto so I wouldn't want to raise my kids in a place like Seattle where the black population is so small if I have a choice.

I went to majority white schools and lived in white neighborhoods growing up and I can tell you from first hand experience unless you have strong black parental influence (like I did) a lot of those kids grow up either feeling like odd balls trying to fit in being one of the few among white people or basically so comfortable around whites they feel uncomfortable around other black people (regardless of class) so they not comfortable around hood/poor blacks but they also aren't used to being around educated/proud blacks either.

We all have different desires, personalities so the GOAT city will always be debated.

DrX

Coming For The Crown (Japanese Dreaming)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
California (much like NYC) is a state whose hype is built firmly on commercials, movies, music videos and cool montages with exciting, hip music. The actual experience may be somewhat disappointing once you realize that most of the fun was building up the excitement in your own head. Your experience with In-N-Out Burger reminds me of my experience with White Castle. I was so excited to get one of their burgers. shyt tasted worse than McDonalds, fries were cold, and the soda was flat. I still want to go to Cali for the scenery, women, and overall experience though. Anyway, cool review!
true, besides NYC, NY state is a big slum

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Bruh you ain't lying....and what i find interesting is that a majority of the homeless up here are white....and young....alot cacs strung out on herione up here...

There was a CNN special on all these runaway teenagers in Seattle. Some movie back in the 90s had young white kids all trying to go there and it's still happening.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
nikkas hate everything :mjlol:

you can only knock los angeles for the traffic and dwindling black population

otherwise, it's the GOAT american city... i thought tupac broke it down for y'all

LA is GOAT if you've got the capital. Too expensive for the rest of us.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
There was a CNN special on all these runaway teenagers in Seattle. Some movie back in the 90s had young white kids all trying to go there and it's still happening.
Haha you talking about Singles?....I'm old so I know all this shyt...but the heroine problem up here is getting crazy...here and in Portland...

• Dap
Reactions: Meh

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Honestly it depends on your personality.
Real talk a lot of black people would rather live in areas with smaller blacker populations for whatever reasons.

My pops side of the family from D.C, I've lived in Atlanta, and have an Uncle and cousins who grew up in Cali.

If you not used to being around blacks with old money DMV can be intimidating to some but if you feel adequate about yourself you shouldn't feel intimidated. But DMV also has plenty of hood/poor blacks as well. But with that said I'd rather live in DMV compared to most places in the US.

I loved Atlanta, the vibe, the mindset, the women, and as someone who wants kids in the future I want my kids to grow up in areas with black culture/influence that isn't just poor or the ghetto so I wouldn't want to raise my kids in a place like Seattle where the black population is so small if I have a choice.

I went to majority white schools and lived in white neighborhoods growing up and I can tell you from first hand experience unless you have strong black parental influence (like I did) a lot of those kids grow up either feeling like odd balls trying to fit in being one of the few among white people or basically so comfortable around whites they feel uncomfortable around other black people (regardless of class) so they not comfortable around hood/poor blacks but they also aren't used to being around educated/proud blacks either.

We all have different desires, personalities so the GOAT city will always be debated.
Those cities give people a good peer into Black communities of various incomes, rather than just stereotypical view of Black life. That's why DC, ATL are seen as the GOAT cities on Black forums. I see the appeal if you're just trying to start a family. I also love being around Black people, and hate the isolation of being the sole Black person. But at the same time, cities like ATL seem sort of niche compared to the dynamism that a city like LA could provide. LA just feels like it has a wider range, and when its all said and done you can still find Black prosperity in LA(obviously not in the same proportion as ATL or DC). Baldwin Hills, Ladera Heights, Leimart Park, View Park, Windsor Hills, Inglewood, etc.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Haha you talking about Singles?....I'm old so I know all this shyt...but the heroine problem up here is getting crazy...here and in Portland...
I've never seen singles, but it looks interesting. It was about those White young adults moving to Seattle to become Grunge artist. Seattle looks like a cool city to me. So does Tacoma. I wouldn't mind living in the PNW. But I've also heard of the HUGE Heroin problems the young White Homeless have up there. Heroin seems like a drug that was made for the PNW. Kurt Cobain was a fiend, and so were many other Grunge artist. But still, Seattle/Sea-Tac seems like a cool area. But not enough Negros. I heard Tacoma recently(in the last couple of years) became the spot for Blacks in the PNW. Alot of Blacks from South Seattle, Rainier Beach, Central District, moved in droves to Tacoma, because of how close it is to Seattle.

West Coast Avenger

West Coastin & Smokin
Daps
Reppin
206 Emerald City
I've never seen singles, but it looks interesting. It was about those White young adults moving to Seattle to become Grunge artist. Seattle looks like a cool city to me. So does Tacoma. I wouldn't mind living in the PNW. But I've also heard of the HUGE Heroin problems the young White Homeless have up there. Heroin seems like a drug that was made for the PNW. Kurt Cobain was a fiend, and so were many other Grunge artist. But still, Seattle/Sea-Tac seems like a cool area. But not enough Negros. I heard Tacoma recently(in the last couple of years) became the spot for Blacks in the PNW. Alot of Blacks from South Seattle, Rainier Beach, Central District, moved in droves to Tacoma, because of how close it is to Seattle.
Bruh Tacoma has always been filled with blacks...and the south end in Seattle is pre dominant black....Rainer Beach and the CD are closer to downtown Seattle....people always say there isn't enough black people up here and the numbers do prove it....but the community is very tight with each other...and unfortunately there are alot of c00ns....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Been to cali a few times I actually loved it...roscoe and in and out was overrated..but the club scene was dope...them cali chicks were easy to talk to...

The BUMS tho.....the one time I went like 9 of us on a bus going from Hollywood to the beach...this cac bum just pulled his dikk and start masturbating in front of the bus..looking like :shaq:....but the part that had us fukked up..was nobody said shyt...at first we was laughing...but then after 5 mins.. we like :martin::what: then my homie was like "hey put that dikk away don't be spreading AIDS on the bus" the old bum looking like :merchant: to :beli: ...so now we started to have a full blown hate session on the bum and the rest of the riders for accepting that shyt as normal. "Hey bus driver this what yall do in cali let bums pull their dikk out??" I didn't know the bus come with Free complimentary Aids" Hey bum why you bring flies on the bus with that shyt" we Killin the bus driver over it..he was laughing but the rest of people kind of stop laughing..:yeshrug:oh well it was funny to us

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Bruh Tacoma has always been filled with blacks...and the south end in Seattle is pre dominant black....Rainer Beach and the CD are closer to downtown Seattle....people always say there isn't enough black people up here and the numbers do prove it....but the community is very tight with each other...and unfortunately there are alot of c00ns....
Seattle's filled with c00ns?

:ohhh: