Went to California, here's my review. long read with cliffs at top, no pics.

CACarot

Where is Princess Fajita
Daps
Reppin
SSJ God SSJ at -3000
LA isn't live like Atlanta? Atlanta's more live than LA? I've been to ATL, it's a great city for Black prosperity, but it didn't seem all that dynamic....

Atlanta just got that hoodness to it, so by live I mean that ratchett level of ignorance in the club and the type of music. I mean Atlanta is like the hiphop head quarters at the moment. Just feel like it has a better scene if you trying to stay urban so that's what I mean by live.

Taadow

The StarchBishop™️
Daps
Reppin
Crispness
The single dumbest untrue statement of all time. Cali is the state that put on Gangsta Rap on the map, everyone knows that. :camby:Any Spice 1 song is a 187 anthem. OP is a clown because what kill a nikka music does the DMV have? nikkas killing each other slapping Go-Go? :dahell: Drive by's bumping "Sardines and Pork 'N Beans"? :mjlol: fukk outta here.

...aaand besides, niccas still get they ass beat to "We Can Freak It" on a nice sunny day. LOL

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
DMV>>>>>>>>>
DMV(like Atlanta) seemed like a metro area geared towards Black prosperity, but overall didn't really capture me. I could see why Black professionals would move to places like DC, Atlanta, Dallas, etc, but from a tourist standpoint, they wouldn't seem anymore interesting or dynamic than Los Angeles. I've been to DC, and ATL, but not LA, so I could be wrong......but I doubt it.

iFightSeagullsForBread

The Working Class Hero
Daps
Reppin
Somewhere in Chicago
Atlanta just got that hoodness to it, so by live I mean that ratchett level of ignorance in the club and the type of music. I mean Atlanta is like the hiphop head quarters at the moment. Just feel like it has a better scene if you trying to stay urban so that's what I mean by live.

Without Memphis, Miami or Houston y'all would be as musically relevant as Milwaukee

:camby:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
ATL has the juice as far as the direction in which hip-hop has gone, but the ATL scene seems more limited than LA or NYC. ATL has a great Black artsy scene, a great Black urban/ratchet scene, but anything that strays from those niche scenes is very limited in a city like Atlanta. And that extends to the cities like B'more, DC, Houston, Dallas, and all the new Black Meccas. Those are decent cities to move to, but merely "ok" to visit.

godkiller

"We are the Fury"
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks for the great write-up, @ben anderson . Ignore the jibes from resentful posters. They're just aggrieved and deflecting from the fact you didn't write a billion great things about their state. I like that you visited a variety of locales and reviewed a large selection of cultural artifacts: food, landmarks, culture, people, etc are included. This provides us a deeper and more nuanced all the aspects which encapsulate and define California.

A question:that places would you say you had a better experience than Cali and would you visit Cali again, given the chance?

Chelsea Bridge

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
DMV(like Atlanta) seemed like a metro area geared towards Black prosperity, but overall didn't really capture me. I could see why Black professionals would move to places like DC, Atlanta, Dallas, etc, but from a tourist standpoint, they wouldn't seem anymore interesting or dynamic than Los Angeles. I've been to DC, and ATL, but not LA, so I could be wrong......but I doubt it.

Unless you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, you're not going to be all that impressed by other major cities. Each one has their own attractions of course but there's really nothing all that unique about the nightlife nor the people that live there.

We just all have loyalty to the places we live or came from and want to act like its so much greater than it actually is.

Daps
nikkas in here talking about nasty ass fast food places being the barometer of an entire state. Arguing about which nasty ass junk food joint is better than the other nasty ass junk food joint in they city. What the fukk? :mjlol: Going to Universal Studios and shyt talking about "These men'ses aint got no swag.:scust:" :mjlol:. Spend half a page talking about the men you saw but only one sentence on the women. :mjlol:Be in a city full of attractive women and blame your family as to why you didnt get any play. :mjlol: Say it wasnt cool to meet women b/c you were with family but it IS cool to go purchase weed with family.:mjlol:Come to the most populated state in the country and complain about traffic:mjlol: Get mad b/c one ditzy service employee is confused you call a drink "half lemonade, half tea" instead of just calling it an Arnold Palmer like most adults do. :mjlol: nikka came all the way to Cali to go to an amusement park, eat donuts and drink lemonade. :mjlol: Dude spent his whole trip waiting in line, waiting in traffic or waiting for food all while "high as fukk" talking about "This sucks!:beli:":mjlol:

*reserved to add more later*

:russ: He said OP went to Cali just to eat donuts,lemonade and ride some rides

:laff: too fukking funny,nikka could stayed where he was at for lemonade and donuts

:dead::pachaha:

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
To the OP: you did all the straight out of the manual tourist sh*t. Roscoes, In & Out, Randy's, The Hollywood Sign, etc.. Nobody gives a f*ck about that sh*t out here.:scust:

LA has bomb ass world class restaurants, bars, lounges, clubs, etc. You definitely right about the homeless and Mexican population tho. No lying about that:patrice:

But on the real.. you really only enjoy LA if you live here. Its not tourist friendly at all. Everything is spread out, you need a car, public transportation is a hassle, traffic, etc. When you live here you discover the good sh*t, different spots, shops, restaurants, bars, hangouts, shows, concerts, beach city hangouts, etc. All that coming out here for chicken & waffles, star gazing, In & Out is:camby:
I came for a wedding and had a blast
:shaq2:your trip sounded weak as fukk. dont ever disrespect my city again hoe :camby:
The nikka must be lame the heauxs alone out cali are worth the trip alone..

badtguy

Superstar
Daps
Lol hahahaha I be telling my dmv heads that ain't no place like home and I'm talking about PG DC and maybe silver spring.

Went to cali shyt was aiight, but truth is I just like being around black people, lol

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Unless you live in a small town in the middle of nowhere, you're not going to be all that impressed by other major cities. Each one has their own attractions of course but there's really nothing all that unique about the nightlife nor the people that live there.

We just all have loyalty to the places we live or came from and want to act like its so much greater than it actually is.
Iono about that. We South Floridians are very truthful about where we're from. We'll tell you the truth about our towns and how the image of Miami as a paradise is a false one. It's the rest of YOU ALL(America, The Coli, DC/Maryland/Virginia people) who has a little too much unwavering, psychotic, civic pride.

:ufdup:

You're so right tho.

:obama:

Ol’Otis

The Picasso of the Ghetto
Daps
Reppin
South Central Los Angeles
I'm from L.A. and I agree about the Mexican thang they have taken over... But come on breh it's 2015 who tf still cuffs their pants and I always said LA nikkas couldn't dress