Welp...Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo now in legal dispute over NEPTUNES name rights

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
P doesn't have the best track record with doing good business with people. There's always been a lot of shady sh*t with dude.

Tammy Lucas just came out recently speaking about how he snaked her behind her back and convinced Virgin to give her deal to Kelis, because that meant he wouldn't have to do any money splits with her. That same deal, he promised Kelis she would get a 33.3% share, and she never got that either. LOL!! Chad's been getting robbed forever. But even after he came out with those claims and proof, P relaunched N.E.R.D.'s clothing line without Chad, and took all the bread from that too. Pharrell be on some serious thievery sh*t out here. Really since day one.

that's a shame

reading back through these Chad Hugo interviews from 2022 and 2023 with Vogue and Vulture and the writing was on the wall then.

Vulture: I was looking over the credits for Pusha T’s album It’s Almost Dry, and I didn’t see you in there?
Chad Hugo: "I was involved in that record, to be honest with you. We’re trying to work that out."

Vulture: Was there a mix-up with the credits?
Chad Hugo: "I guess you could call it that."

Vulture: Would you call it something else?
Chad Hugo: "We made some tunes. There were some good vibes there. We recorded it in Florida at a boathouse studio. I played some keys here and there. I was present."

"These days, Hugo is back in the producers’ box looking to the future and working on a new project from his Virginia Beach studio, Galaxie Gâteau. “I have an album coming out, so I’m concentrating on bodies of work that are instrumental and replacing them with artists that work in these studios,” he says before mentioning his recent session with Spanish rapper C. Tangana. “We have a song. We remixed it several times, trying to figure out what its latest version is.”

Other than that, he remains tight-lipped on what to expect on his new album. But there’s one thing he does reveal—his upcoming project won’t be released under Chad Hugo, or N.E.R.D., or The Neptunes. “Chad Hugo has done his thing. It’s time for the spinoff,” he explains. “It’s been a great decade of making music as Chad Hugo from The Neptunes and N.E.R.D., and that’s a great thing. The stage has been great. The airwaves have been blessed. But we gotta move on and listen to some new stuff. You know, to keep it fresh,” he adds."

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
P doesn't have the best track record with doing good business with people. There's always been a lot of shady sh*t with dude.

Tammy Lucas just came out recently speaking about how he snaked her behind her back and convinced Virgin to give her deal to Kelis, because that meant he wouldn't have to do any money splits with her. That same deal, he promised Kelis she would get a 33.3% share, and she never got that either. LOL!! Chad's been getting robbed forever. But even after he came out with those claims and proof, P relaunched N.E.R.D.'s clothing line without Chad, and took all the bread from that too. Pharrell be on some serious thievery sh*t out here. Really since day one.
:ohhh: Skateboard P been finessing and riding off on nikkas :damn:

Awesome Wells

The Ghost of Jack Tripper
Daps
Reppin
Uptown, NYC
that's a shame

reading back through these Chad Hugo interviews from 2022 and 2023 with Vogue and Vulture and the writing was on the wall then.

Vulture: I was looking over the credits for Pusha T’s album It’s Almost Dry, and I didn’t see you in there?
Chad Hugo: "I was involved in that record, to be honest with you. We’re trying to work that out."

Vulture: Was there a mix-up with the credits?
Chad Hugo: "I guess you could call it that."

Vulture: Would you call it something else?
Chad Hugo: "We made some tunes. There were some good vibes there. We recorded it in Florida at a boathouse studio. I played some keys here and there. I was present."

"These days, Hugo is back in the producers’ box looking to the future and working on a new project from his Virginia Beach studio, Galaxie Gâteau. “I have an album coming out, so I’m concentrating on bodies of work that are instrumental and replacing them with artists that work in these studios,” he says before mentioning his recent session with Spanish rapper C. Tangana. “We have a song. We remixed it several times, trying to figure out what its latest version is.”

Other than that, he remains tight-lipped on what to expect on his new album. But there’s one thing he does reveal—his upcoming project won’t be released under Chad Hugo, or N.E.R.D., or The Neptunes. “Chad Hugo has done his thing. It’s time for the spinoff,” he explains. “It’s been a great decade of making music as Chad Hugo from The Neptunes and N.E.R.D., and that’s a great thing. The stage has been great. The airwaves have been blessed. But we gotta move on and listen to some new stuff. You know, to keep it fresh,” he adds."

FACTS!!

He's been speaking about it for a minute, but other people have been saying for years that they wish he would stop being scared and speak on what's been happening behind the scenes. Pharrell is dope AF, but if you'd snake your day one dude that you started with, you'd do it to anybody! Too many people have stories about dude. It's some sad sh*t.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
FACTS!!

He's been speaking about it for a minute, but other people have been saying for years that they wish he would stop being scared and speak on what's been happening behind the scenes. Pharrell is dope AF, but if you'd snake your day one dude that you started with, you'd do it to anybody! Too many people have stories about dude. It's some sad sh*t.

Yeah, exactly. It really is some sad shyt.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO

Never trust no devante swing producer farm camp pow.

Never trust no rnb producer trying to do music out of their genre.
Lol....how people fall for the rnb long con.

#NotGOIN

Art Barr