Welp...Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo now in legal dispute over NEPTUNES name rights

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
I just don’t get how you can snake your CHILDHOOD friend out of some shyt you know in your heart he helped you create. It’d be different if Pharrell was carrying Chad all these years but Chad is legitimized as a musical genius of his own who put in mad work for NERD and The Neptunes and for Pharrell to cut him out of his own shyt is just disgusting.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I don't know the business but saying you played keys here and there is also vague. i'm not just assuming that P is in the wrong here. His career post neptunes is longer than their run. What was Chad doing all this time?

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
I just don’t get how you can snake your CHILDHOOD friend out of some shyt you know in your heart he helped you create. It’d be different if Pharrell was carrying Chad all these years but Chad is legitimized as a musical genius of his own who put in mad work for NERD and The Neptunes and for Pharrell to cut him out of his own shyt is just disgusting.
that Pharrell LEGO bio movie that's coming out was still voiced by Chad. That's movie's gonna be so awkward knowing their partnership dissolved.

Barney Rubble

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Only thing I can think of is Pharrell has spending problems. If you've seen his houses, jewels/watches, art collection and shyt he has lavish taste. He probably got used to living that lifestyle when the music industry was thriving and Neptunes were the hottest thing on the planet.

BEN23

All Star
Daps
Only thing I can think of is Pharrell has spending problems. If you've seen his houses, jewels/watches, art collection and shyt he has lavish taste. He probably got used to living that lifestyle when the music industry was thriving and Neptunes were the hottest thing on the planet.
what are you talking about....pharrel is good financially...he has hits outside the neptunes....and he is running fashion

ThrobbingHood

Breh&Breh Associates™
Daps
NERD/The Neptunes were/are my musical heroes, but Pharrell always came across as a snake. Especially with how he did Kelis dirty. His “New Black” comments solidified it for me.

Business before friendships in this industry. 9/10 when a band breaks up, is over money and contract disputes.

Last edited:

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
NERD/The Neptunes were/are my musical heroes, but Pharrell always came across as a snake. Especially with how he did Kelis dirty. His “New Black” comments solidified it for me.

Business before friendships in this industry. 9/10 when a band breaks up, is over money and contract disputes.
Once he dropped that New Black nonsense, It was clear, he was a funny style type of cat

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The Neptunes are Top 10 for me. Never got the appeal of solo Pharrell pushed as a GOAT. Don't get me wrong, he's dope on his own, but nothing GOAT level.