Welp...Pharrell Williams and Chad Hugo now in legal dispute over NEPTUNES name rights

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
There's two different things going on and you seem to be on the side of "who did more work"

And that's not anybody's point.. You can do 99% of the work... Guess what? I still want my fukking credit for the 1%... Here's where it gets real funky.. Y0ou can do 99% of the work, but if the contract says we split 50/50 regardless, THAT'S YOUR DUMB ASS FAULT FOR SIGNING THAT CONTRACT.. That doesn't mean that when you feel like it, you get to change shyt up, take shyt, remove me or anything else NOT IN THE CONTRACT

Seems like the Roots, Pharrell signed up to be The Neptunes and split earnings. Chad fades away and the contract don't change fam. You either buy him out, continue to pay him or quit and leave yourself. Just because you navigated a way to fukk him out the deal, don't make it right cause you doing the work. That's LAW... contract law. Which is why he's going to lose the lawsuit with ease

You think Chad faded away and now he's just fukking up his best friends name and rep and begging for scraps he's not owed and did zero work on..... cause reasons?
The lawsuit has nothing to do with song credits. This is about the trademarks of The Neptunes and Star Trak being held solely under Pharrell’s LLCs.

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
The lawsuit has nothing to do with song credits. This is about the trademarks of The Neptunes and Star Trak being held solely under Pharrell’s LLCs.
Yes and Pharrell is saying he just HAD to do this so he could hold onto them for Chad

And Chad is saying he's a motherfukking liar and taking it all for himself... JUST LIKE THE CREDITS

Last edited:

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
which work. name it.

saying Pharrell has more output is an understatement. his solo post Neptunes career is longer than their time together. so anyone pretending he needs to steal from Chad has to make their case. Most people who worked with them will tell you Pharrell comes up with the ideas for the melodies and hooks, he has the entire vision that is why he can work competently outside their partnership while Chad is skilled he is not the visionary, they are not equals

People still credit Pharrell and Pharrell only for everything Neptunes for work going all the way back to SWV's "Use Your Heart".

Chad and Pharrell are equals. You would be shocked at what Chad actually brings to the table.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
People still credit Pharrell and Pharrell only for everything Neptunes for work going all the way back to SWV's "Use Your Heart".

Chad and Pharrell are equals. You would be shocked at what Chad actually brings to the table.
I've never heard that. That was always considered Neptunes work.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
So you've never seen people say Pharrell in reference to music that was clearly Chad and Pharrell as The Neptunes?
No. Pharrell took the light by being the marketing and salesman for the team. The public presence. The voice on the hooks. He branded them. And they still shared credit until they started working separately. Music heads know where the Neptunes era ends and where Pharrell era begins. Not to mention he been setting fashion trends hence his current job at LV. He used all that to sell their music from way back when. People just love the plight of the perceived underdog. In contrast look at a Dre who always had co-producers. He never once gave them equal co-billing. Name a song on any chronic and chances are someone brought him the sample or played something. Scott storch, Mel Man, Lord Finesse, Daz, Focus...

JustCKing

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
No. Pharrell took the light by being the marketing and salesman for the team. The public presence. The voice on the hooks. He branded them. And they still shared credit until they started working separately. Music heads know where the Neptunes era ends and where Pharrell era begins. Not to mention he been setting fashion trends hence his current job at LV. He used all that to sell their music from way back when. People just love the plight of the perceived underdog. In contrast look at a Dre who always had co-producers. He never once gave them equal co-billing. Name a song on any chronic and chances are someone brought him the sample or played something. Scott storch, Mel Man, Lord Finesse, Daz, Focus...

Posters on this site credit Pharrell with work clearly done as The Neptunes. People actually comparing Pharrell to Timbaland, when if you lined up the catalogs side by side, its a wash in Timbaland's favor putting Pharrell's solo work against Timbaland's. They even include Neptunes wotk in that argument.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
As s
Posters on this site credit Pharrell with work clearly done as The Neptunes. People actually comparing Pharrell to Timbaland, when if you lined up the catalogs side by side, it’s a wash in Timbaland's favor putting Pharrell's solo work against Timbaland's. They even include Neptunes wotk in that argument.
What people say is not tied to their contributions.

CodeBlaMeVi

Supporter
Daps
But it is tied to public perception. The perception is that Pharrell is the genius behind The Neptunes to the point where Pharrell has replaced The Neptunes in conversations. As a fan for over 25 years now, I've seen the shift.
Every interview I’ve seen with Pharrell, he bigs up Chad. The public perception is out of Pharrell’s control. Pharrell legit made hits and classics without Chad’s input.

Chad is a recluse and chose to be. I ain’t mad at it. Pharrell single-handedly brings goodwill and value to The Neptunes name and brand for going on 20 years.

Both sides are foul on the trademark shyt. Pharrell for not giving the heads up and paperwork on the trademark, and Chad for getting lawyers involved.