Weed is Legal in Both States So Let's Blaze Fat Nuggets: POR vs. DEN Round 2 Official Thread

How does the series play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
People don't like math and don't like numbers or accuracy or precision or strategy.

They just want basketball players to run up and down to court and do whatever they want.

Anti-intellectualism at it's highest.

:mjlol:
the one franchise that actually has not jumped on the analytics bandwagon til very recently is the team nobody wants to model their franchise after.

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
People don't like math and don't like numbers or accuracy or precision or strategy.

They just want basketball players to run up and down to court and do whatever they want.

Anti-intellectualism at it's highest.

:mjlol:

Ahh, I got it.

Max famous for that shyt.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Front offices who build teams with a reliance on analytics.

It's the reason Houston only shoot threes or go to the rim even when they got an open mid-range shot.

Houston never had open midrange shots. None of CJ's shots were open either. Midrange shots off the dribble aren't open, they are considered contested.

You notice, only CJ McCollum on that team takes off the dribble midrange shots because he's the only guy on that team that can hit them. Only about 10 guys in the NBA can hit those shots CJ was taking.

People hate Houston because Houston figured out a way to maximize their lack of talent with a strategy that maximizes the amount of points they get per shot.

They are the only team that ever challenged GSW and people hate them cause they take the easiest shots in basketball and defend their asses off.

It's irrational hate.

Can't believe I am defending the fukking Houston Rockets.

Last edited:

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Front offices who build teams with a reliance on analytics.

It's the reason Houston only shoot threes or go to the rim even when they got an open mid-range shot.
29 out of 30 teams to this point build their teams with a reliance on analytics, and it's probably 30 now.

Houston is the most extreme example, but most if not every team has a department that looks for every bit of info. Without it, you're asking to get ambushed.

Teams who typically fall behind analytically are the ones who you watch routinely get their asses kicked by a team who isn't nearly as talented as them.

Skooby

Alone In My Zone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Cosmos
:whew:

Just got done watching the game...that overpaid bum Evan Turner finally scored a point. Props to him for stepping up when called upon. It's about damn time.

Can't believe we won a game 7 when Lillard went 3-17. Although Dame did play well in other aspects of the game. He'll never be a lockdown defender but he has certainly improved that area. CJ as well. Speaking of CJ, he was the best player in this series. Dude is money.

I hope Collins continues to play big minutes.

I hope Rodney Hood isn't hurt too bad.

I hope Kanter can tough it out through Ramadan.

I hope someone kidnaps Meyers Leonard.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Go Blazers.

I know ya ass was hating this whole run :lolbron::pachaha::umad:
I had no sway either way believe it or not.
who? the Lakers? :lolbron:

No, though I will say they've lagged behind big time compared to other teams with that stuff. They're still novices at it. Magic didn't give a fukk about advanced anything.

Daps
None of the shots CJ was taking were inefficient.

Those elbow jumpers aren't bad when the three ain't falling. The only difference between Houston and everyone else is that Houston doesn't even consider those shots to be an option. They just expect shyt to revert back to average.
You know what I mean. Shooting 3s and driving to the paint have been over emphasized because of analytics that teams sometimes forget you can also take those in between shots if the 3 or paint is not there. :mjlol: Hopefully the Rockets get the memo. If you have players that can hit the midrange, why not take advantage of that?

str8up

dial 1900-raekwon
Supporter
Daps
:whew:

Just got done watching the game...that overpaid bum Evan Turner finally scored a point. Props to him for stepping up when called upon. It's about damn time.

Can't believe we won a game 7 when Lillard went 3-17. Although Dame did play well in other aspects of the game. He'll never be a lockdown defender but he has certainly improved that area. CJ as well. Speaking of CJ, he was the best player in this series. Dude is money.

I hope Collins continues to play big minutes.

I hope Rodney Hood isn't hurt too bad.

I hope Kanter can tough it out through Ramadan.

I hope someone kidnaps Meyers Leonard.

I thought they said it was just a hyperextended knee for Hood, might be tripping tho.

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
29 out of 30 teams to this point build their teams with a reliance on analytics, and it's probably 30 now.

Houston is the most extreme example, but most if not every team has a department that looks for every bit of info. Without it, you're asking to get ambushed.

Teams who typically fall behind analytically are the ones who you watch routinely get their asses kicked by a team who isn't nearly as talented as them.

Well maybe that's why the Bulls are shytty because their analytic depart has like 5-6 people

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
You know what I mean. Shooting 3s and driving to the paint have been over emphasized because of analytics that teams sometimes forget you can also take those in between shots if the 3 or paint is not there. :mjlol: Hopefully the Rockets get the memo. If you have players that can hit the midrange, why not take advantage of that?
Chris Paul has a pure midrange shot.

Harden I'm sure could shoot the hell out of a mid range shot. Gordon also perhaps.

To top it off, they can create those shots for themselves. They're doing themselves a disservice.