Weed is Legal in Both States So Let's Blaze Fat Nuggets: POR vs. DEN Round 2 Official Thread

How does the series play out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barnett114

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
Houston never had a open midrange shots. None of CJ's shots were open either. Midrange shots off the dribble aren't open, they are considered contested.

You noticed, only CJ McCollum on that team takes off the dribble midrange shots because he's the only guy on that team that can hit them. Only about 10 guys in the NBA can hit those shots CJ was taking.

People hate Houston because Houston figured out a way to maximize their lack of talent with a strategy that maximizes the amount of points they get per shot.

They are the only team that ever challenged GSW and people hate them cause they take the easiest shots in basketball and defend their asses off.

It's irrational hate.

Can't believe I am defending the fukking Houston Rockets.

Houston is :trash:

Cleveland was the Warriors biggest challenge

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I had no sway either way believe it or not.

No, though I will say they've lagged behind big time compared to other teams with that stuff. They're still novices at it. Magic didn't give a fukk about advanced anything.

fukk the lakers.
You been a Blazers hater since SOHH

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Houston never had a open midrange shots. None of CJ's shots were open either. Midrange shots off the dribble aren't open, they are considered contested.

You noticed, only CJ McCollum on that team takes off the dribble midrange shots because he's the only guy on that team that can hit them. Only about 10 guys in the NBA can hit those shots CJ was taking.

People hate Houston because Houston figured out a way to maximize their lack of talent with a strategy that maximizes the amount of points they get per shot.

They are the only team that ever challenged GSW and people hate them cause they take the easiest shots in basketball and defend their asses off.

It's irrational hate.

I don't hate Houston because of analytics. I hate them because of their style of play. Houston has 2 guys capable of scoring in the midrange but they don't.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Well maybe that's why the Bulls are shytty because their analytic depart has like 5-6 people

I think they're trying to get the message when they decided to trade for Porter, but they're another team still dipping their toes in it.

A big example of a team that didn't give a damn about advanced numbers? Those Knicks teams led by Phil Jackson.

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
the one franchise that actually has not jumped on the analytics bandwagon til very recently is the team nobody wants to model their franchise after.

Every industry uses data to squeak out advantages.

In all honestly, quite few teams play like the Rockets :mjlol:

Most people just don't recognize what they are watching because they are super casuals.

The Bucks have the exact same style as the Rockets, the defense is, they have Giannis who is a monster on the break. But watch their half court offense, the shyt is Rockets esque. Spam pick and rolls for match ups and then iso. The only player that shoot midrange shots on the Bucks is Middleton.

The Nets play like the Rockets, spam pick and rolls with their guards for advantages and then exploit them. Only guy that shoots midrange shots on the Nets is D'Russ.

Nothing the Rockets do is extreme or out the ordinary, they just better at it because they got James Harden.

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
Chris Paul has a pure midrange shot.

Harden I'm sure could shoot the hell out of a mid range shot. Gordon also perhaps.

To top it off, they can create those shots for themselves. They're doing themselves a disservice.
Facts. They have 3 dudes who can create but everyone wants to act like it's Harden and scrubs.

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama

It's irrational hate.

but that's Dantoni's system breh.