We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
made a thread how queens were the best rap borough with the most gifted MC's.

i said brooklyn were the most shallow self-indulgent me, me, me, get money over everything bunch of garbage MC's.

thread was on point a lot of co-signs, so i see theres something in the waters there.

They hated Nas when Hov got slaughtered with "ETHER". BK brehs who were living outside the borough were talking extra :mjpls: when they shytting on Nas pro black stances and "I dont like that Louis Farrakhan talking muthafukka on that BLACK shyt. Nas is soft and he was always hiding in Queensbridge"

That legendary battle revealed a lot of vanity, ignorance, and materialism from a lot of Brooklyn brehs. A lot of them don't like positivity in any form, even in rap.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Another look into the respect and disrespect aspect into Brooklyn culture I found when I read this book
61XNHeErV+L.jpg

About Brownsville in the 80's and 90's. True story Shows the life of Sharron Corley from New Jersey Drive and others from Brownsville and his surroundings, he was in and out of Rikers and only seemed to care about Ralph Lauren and getting fly and not losing his props. nikka had a kid at 17 and a week later robbed a nikka for his polo hoodie at the train. shyt still going on today

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Think about it, they had the 5 percenters and brothers of knowledge of self. What did they do ? make it into a gang and kill nikkas

Yeah, and back when Jeru da Damaja was out, they were slick dissing him too. It was the perfect borough to do gentrification because those super thug brehs were scared of white folks and dared not laid a finger on them. They go hard against other black people, especially the intellectually gifted.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
They hated Nas when Hov got slaughtered with "ETHER". BK brehs who were living outside the borough were talking extra :mjpls: when they shytting on Nas pro black stances and "I dont like that Louis Farrakhan talking muthafukka on that BLACK shyt. Nas is soft and he was always hiding in Queensbridge"

That legendary battle revealed a lot of vanity, ignorance, and materialism from a lot of Brooklyn brehs. A lot of them don't like positivity in any form, even in rap.

real talk, real talk. :salute:

i noticed brooklyn aint about shyt all there MC's are on some shallow grimey shyt anything for the dollar the hova ethos.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
I aint goin lie..
When I moved from Bk back in the 90s

I would always go back to the old block..

One day we was chilling in front of some buildings across from where I used to live.. like 8 nikkaz deep..

Some random cat jus was walking down the block..

The way we all were standing it was like they had to walk between the group.. not crowded together but like some was leaning on cars and some leaning on the fence of the building..

Son. Dude was MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS..
Head down and all..

One of my dudes say..

"YOU BETTER KEEP YA fukkING HEAD DOWN nikka"

I was like :picard::dwillhuh::gucci::mjtf::why:

Immediately I was like.. I see why moms moved.. shyt was crazy

That prison shyt was out in the open. Literally was he'll on earth in the 80s and 90s. Starting wars against youngins that minded they own business. And I knew a ton of BK heads that moved to where I wss at post Co-Op City, and they still traumatized on people jumping them because they gotten straight A's in school.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
real talk, real talk. :salute:

i noticed brooklyn aint about shyt all there MC's are on some shallow grimey shyt anything for the dollar the hova ethos.

Outside of Mos Def and Talib Kweli, most of them HATE that pro black music. They even slandering Chuck D post 94 because he was "soft" for not catching black bodies.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Born and raised in Brooklyn and I can attest that the amount ignorance and fukkery I have seen is so dumb its crazy. Part of the reason is because Brooklyn has so many PJs its crazy. From the top of my head there is Albany Houses, Red Hook Houses, Pink Houses, Linden Houses, Breuklen Houses, Marcy Houses, Marlboro Houses, Boulevard Houses, Kingsborugh Houses, Seth Lowe Houses, Bushwick Houses, Tilden Houses, Ebbet's Fields, Marcus Garvey Village etc. There is so many more I forgot but yeah almost every neighborhood has either PJs or some from of section 8 housing. I live on sunset park which doesn't have any projects but there is plenty of apartment building that are section 8 housing and there is always ignorant fukkery going down those blocks. Also Brooklyn nikkas have had a reputation since the 1960s of robbing nikkas. The age old saying "Harlem nikkas make it, Brooklyn nikkas take it," is true.

I will say this though Brooklyn is much more safer today than it was back in the 80s and 90s. However shootings have been trending up here the last 4-5 years. This year saw an explosion of gun violence and stabbings but compared to the 80s it really isn't nothing. But its trending back to what it was in the late 90s and early 2000s when the city saw 600-800 murders a year. That means the days of only 200-400 murders are over. The trend is though things can go back to the bad days especially the way the economy is fukked up. Also NYPD get some blame too. When the George Floyd protest went down in the summer the police force saw record retirements and people quitting. And on top of that cops don't give a fukk anymore. There has been a work slowdown for about 6 months. This is the same tactic Baltimore police has done since the Freddy Gray protest back in 2015. And since then Baltimore's murder rate has gone up every year. NYPD is likely gonna do the same thing now Democrats have a supermajority in Albany. They purposely let the force have manpower issues and are allowing a work slowdown so crime can go up to delegitimize the movement.

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
"Brooklyn is just one big nikka moment from the boondocks..."

Coming up in Brooklyn makes you high key hostile or has you constantly on the defense from unnecessary hostility. That constant need to be tough. Brooklyn will have you in arguments/fights/beefs over the stupidest and pettiest things. You could accidentally brush up against a cat and apologize and before he acknowledges that it was a mistake and you both go on with your lives, he'll say some disrespectful shyt and now you got a nikka moment happening and everlasting beef because some nikka thinks you were trying to play him by accidentally bumping into him. It's like you can't give nikkas an inch or it's like blood in the water to sharks.

That being said, Brooklyn is ten times safer now than the Brooklyn I grew up in. People getting punched in the face for living, cats robbing whole subway cars, double digits murders a week, grown men robbing high school kids and grandmothers. Dudes like Tekashi couldn't even come outside then.

This.

Ozymandeas

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
One time I was literally on the train minding my business on my phone and got my earbuds in. I take a quick look up and see some dude mean muggin me from across the cart. I just ignored him and continued on my phone. Just as I'm getting ready to leave (the cart is crowded by now) I hear someone shout "p*ssy ass nikka." I take a quick look back thinking there's some fight or argument going on... It wasn't til a couple minutes after I realized that was the same dude mean mugging me from the beginning of the ride and he was most likely talking to me. Mind you, I don't know this dude from NOWHERE and he don't know me from nowhere. We had literally zero contact with each other. It was the weirdest shyt. But stuff like this happens every day with these emotional ass hood dudes. Just starting shyt or finding reasons to start something with anybody.

Its the same shyt everywhere. I grew up in Philly and once when I was fifteen ish I was playing ball with some neighborhood kids. Im thinking its just random nikkas playing hoops, I didn't realize at the time that all these guys I was playing with sold drugs together. So Im playing one of them one on one, while the four other nikkas were watching, laughing, talking shyt. Everybody involved was like 15-17. I'm beating dude and the whole time one of his boys that was watching (who I knew and didn't like, i knew a second dude too but, not that well) kept talking greasy, saying I was soft and how his nikka was weak for letting me beat him. I igged him out at first then he got flagrant trying to disrespect me so I stopped the game and was like whatsup with it. Ready to fight. Again, I was thinking it was just random nikkas outside, not knowing all these dudes were tight with each other and selling drugs together. I only knew two of them. So, he motion to one of the other nikkas that was out there and before I could realize anything, his homie had a pistol pointed right at me. Over absolutely nothing. Broad daylight. Saying he could kill me right now. At that point I realized I fukked up because all four of them were on one side with me on the other. I was never so mad in my life because that dude got enjoyment out of embarrassing me and while I said nothing, I basically had to hope they didn't shoot. What made it infuriating was I knew this nikka was a hoe that wouldn't do none of sh*t if he was alone and didn't have a gun as he was 150lbs soaking wet. Whatever. Obviously he just wanted to play me because I didn't get shot. Years later, I leave the hood, go to school, I hear this kid and his friends start really thinking they Marlo and Chris. They must've tried that shyt with some real killas because one of the guys, the second nikka I knew, got his ass shot, ran inside a McDonalds and died right in the restaurant lobby, while the dude I was ready to fight got shot up by the same nikkas presumably and moved away. People around my way was sad about boy dying and whole time I could care less :unimpressed: Nikkas be swearing they the hardest ready to start shyt with everybody, always trying to escalate everything, and its all good until you meet the wrong nikka and die leaking inside McDonalds :russell:

Last edited:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I mean I hear you, Brownsville and ENY are definitely the epitome of the shyt but the other places I wouldn't lack either. Men lie, women lie, citizen app don't.

My ex lived in Bushwick and she was always snarky with ya cousin live in the hood (she not from NY) and they live in the Stuy shyt. Until we came back from happy hour and a nikka got clapped on her happy go lucky hipster ass block in broad daylight.

White funny mustache hipsters and my ex at the yellow tape::ohhh:

Me asking the cop if he can hurry up and push the yellow shyt to the side so I can take a piss :russell:

One of my friends from school is from North Carolina lives in a "okay" area in Crown Heights. Half the street white and half black. It's a house that some white people that moved from Boston own, he owns the basement and lower level. White people upstairs order a Flatscreen and don't put sign for the delivery, the shyt was gone quicker then they can say intersectionality. Person also got clapped on that very same block and like I said, that is an extremely nice block for NYC. nikka texted me the shell casings on the floor

I haven't been to Flatbush in a min so I can't speak but the shyt is right there and them nikkas could never relax so I bet it's the same

Franklin Ave?

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Its the same shyt everywhere. I grew up in Philly and once when I was fifteen ish I was playing ball with some neighborhood kids. Im thinking its just random nikkas playing hoops, I didn't realize at the time that all these guys I was playing with sold drugs together. So Im playing one of them one on one, while the four other nikkas were watching, laughing, talking shyt. Everybody involved was like 15-17. I'm beating dude and the whole time one of his boys that was watching (who I knew and didn't like, i knew a second dude too but, not that well) kept talking greasy, saying I was soft and how his nikka was weak for letting me beat him. I igged him out at first then he got flagrant trying to disrespect me so I stopped the game and was like whatsup with it. Ready to fight. Again, I was thinking it was just random nikkas outside, not knowing all these dudes were tight with each other and selling drugs together. I only knew two of them. So, he motion to one of the other nikkas that was out there and before I could realize anything, his homie had a pistol pointed right at me. Over absolutely nothing. Broad daylight. Saying he could kill me right now. At that point I realized I fukked up because all four of them were on one side with me on the other. I was never so mad in my life because that dude got enjoyment out of embarrassing me and while I said nothing, I basically had to hope they didn't shoot. What made it infuriating was I knew this nikka was a hoe that wouldn't do none of sh*t if he was alone and didn't have a gun as he was 150lbs soaking wet. Whatever. Obviously he just wanted to play me because I didn't get shot. Years later, I leave the hood, go to school, I hear this kid and his friends start really thinking they Marlo and Chris. They must've tried that shyt with some real killas because one of the guys, the second nikka I knew, got his ass shot, ran inside a McDonalds and died right in the restaurant lobby, while the dude I was ready to fight got shot up by the same nikkas presumably and moved away. People around my way was sad about boy dying and whole time I could care less :unimpressed: Nikkas be swearing they hardest ready to start shyt with everybody, always trying to escalate everything, and its all good until you meet the wrong nikka and die leaking inside McDonalds :russell:

What year(s) did those 2 incidents took place?