We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
have you been to the parts or Harlem such as anywhere north of 145th or St. Nicholas projects on Adam Clayton. If so that’s a mini Brooklyn preview

I don’t think so, breh. I’ve never been North of 125th Street, I think. I was trying to find Sa Neter and those other Black “Scholars” that hang over there. I remember seeing the Apollo Theater, Red Lobster and some other stores my wife and I ended up buying a cheap stroller for our kid from.
:pachaha:

I also remember buying some ice cream from a little Guatemalan dude on the corner and getting hustled out of a Subway Card on the way there. We ended up going to an Ethiopian restaurant over there and heading back toward Central Park. Took some picture by some Brownstones and dipped back south.

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
Brehs I grew up in Flatlands (the part thats near The lower side of East Flatbush like around kings highway) (which between Canarsie, Mill Basin and parts of East Flatbush are pretty much the only middle class areas of Brooklyn )and the amount of fukkery I witnessed was retarded. I couldn't imagine growing up in the fukkery of Brownsville or East Ny:wow:.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Op has some points but he's pushing it a bit. I'm from and still live brooklyn (east ny). From what I've seen it's mainly dudes that went to shytty public schools and/or grew up with no father that are emotional and reckless.

On the other hand, everytime I leave the state it's nice to go somewhere and be able to look at somebody without them giving me the "what the fukk you looking at face"

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I don’t think so, breh. I’ve never been North of 125th Street, I think. I was trying to find Sa Neter and those other Black “Scholars” that hang over there. I remember seeing the Apollo Theater, Red Lobster and some other stores my wife and I ended up buying a cheap stroller for our kid from.
:pachaha:

I also remember buying some ice cream from a little Guatemalan dude on the corner and getting hustled out of a Subway Card on the way there. We ended up going to an Ethiopian restaurant over there and heading back toward Central Park. Took some picture by some Brownstones and dipped back south.
Yea these are the busy parts of Harlem and also the more better side lots of brownstones below 125th and the 130th. North of 145th mostly tenement buildings and projects. Not as much gentrified

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Flatbush, crown heights and Canarsie really don’t bother me. The part of Flatbush that specifically bothers me tho is the area around woodruff and Parade grounds

I mean I hear you, Brownsville and ENY are definitely the epitome of the shyt but the other places I wouldn't lack either. Men lie, women lie, citizen app don't.

My ex lived in Bushwick and she was always snarky with ya cousin live in the hood (she not from NY) and they live in the Stuy shyt. Until we came back from happy hour and a nikka got clapped on her happy go lucky hipster ass block in broad daylight.

White funny mustache hipsters and my ex at the yellow tape::ohhh:

Me asking the cop if he can hurry up and push the yellow shyt to the side so I can take a piss :russell:

One of my friends from school is from North Carolina lives in a "okay" area in Crown Heights. Half the street white and half black. It's a house that some white people that moved from Boston own, he owns the basement and lower level. White people upstairs order a Flatscreen and don't put sign for the delivery, the shyt was gone quicker then they can say intersectionality. Person also got clapped on that very same block and like I said, that is an extremely nice block for NYC. nikka texted me the shell casings on the floor

I haven't been to Flatbush in a min so I can't speak but the shyt is right there and them nikkas could never relax so I bet it's the same

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
No, all those 4 plus the 90's and even Canarsie now and even Bushwick, you can be on a hipster block one street and see nikkas shooting dice in front the bodega on the other, then when you try to get in they grilling you.

Really? Bro, I'm all over Crown Heights and Flatbush and it feels safer than ever... for someone not involved in any bullshyt.

I remember back in like 2010 you couldn't even walk on certain strips. Now you can pretty much pass through side blocks without someone saying shyt.

Anyone here remember Junction 10 years ago? You literally couldn't go through there without a crip nikka pressing you.

Now I can chill on Junction all day with no worries. What kind of energy are you guys giving off?

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
It’s true. Slightest perception of “disrespect” in Brooklyn can have your head blown off. What’s crazy is that I think it’s actually worse today in the black community in Brooklyn than it was in the 80s and 90s.

I saw the thread title and my first response was suck my dikk.:mjcry:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I mean I hear you, Brownsville and ENY are definitely the epitome of the shyt but the other places I wouldn't lack either. Men lie, women lie, citizen app don't.

My ex lived in Bushwick and she was always snarky with ya cousin live in the hood (she not from NY) and they live in the Stuy shyt. Until we came back from happy hour and a nikka got clapped on her happy go lucky hipster ass block in broad daylight.

White funny mustache hipsters and my ex at the yellow tape::ohhh:

Me asking the cop if he can hurry up and push the yellow shyt to the side so I can take a piss :russell:

One of my friends from school is from North Carolina lives in a "okay" area in Crown Heights. Half the street white and half black. It's a house that some white people that moved from Boston own, he owns the basement and lower level. White people upstairs order a Flatscreen and don't put sign for the delivery, the shyt was gone quicker then they can say intersectionality. Person also got clapped on that very same block and like I said, that is an extremely nice block for NYC. nikka texted me the shell casings on the floor

I haven't been to Flatbush in a min so I can't speak but the shyt is right there and them nikkas could never relax so I bet it's the same

Speaking of bush wick I’m surprised the story of that Indiana cac getting killed by a stray bulllet wasn’t posted on here

TheAnointedOne

Superstar
Daps
As someone who's from Brooklyn, worked and driven through all areas of Brooklyn, spent 23 years of my life here (I'm 30), gone to school here, etc I'm qualified to speak on this. This is mainly about hood nikkas in Brooklyn.

I can't help but feel there's a (for lack of better word) slowness or "think before you act" quality to some brehs out here. But most notable is the impulsive nature of these nikkas. It's crazy when I think of all the fights I remember on the bus/train headed to and from school, the shootings, the stabbings/slashings, etc. 97% of the time it was over the pettiest shyt.

The FedEx driver that just got shot is a prime example of what I'm talking about. I doubt the driver said or did anything that disrespectful that warranted a bullet in the back of his neck. I used to be a FedEx driver so I know the deal. He probably was just walking in the building trying to be in-and-out and nikkas tried to shoot the shyt with him..

"yo my man where them ps5's at"

"yo you got anything for [apartment number]"

"yo my man where my package at"

"I'm still waiting on my package, y'all bugging the fukk out"

and unless the driver smiles and replies in a super friendly manner it's always going to be met with aggression and confrontation. That's how these nikkas be. And if the driver is white , he'll get all the respect in the world.

But another reason that prompted this thread is the Casanova situation. It's the same as Taxstone. nikkas just gotta be braggadocios and egotistical about being violent and toxic. It don't matter if the police right there, if cameras are around or plenty of witnesses. They'll just a commit a heinous act without even thinking of the repercussions or outcome. There's no thought or calculation to it. I know this doesn't just pertain to Brooklyn but I'm just speaking on what I know. I've had a number of encounters and confrontations with nikkas when I was younger for the dumbest shyt. Things that still make me go :mindblown: to this day. A nikka will start some drama with you just because you waiting on line at the Chinese restaurant minding your business. shyt is crazy breh... I know it's not just me seeing this shyt. I got so many stories I can drop in here.

In high school I remember one time I walked into a chinese restaurant and there were a group of brehs in there. Immediately dipped out lmao. I was legitimately afraid.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Brehs I grew up in Flatlands (the part thats near The lower side of East Flatbush like around kings highway) (which between Canarsie, Mill Basin and parts of East Flatbush are pretty much the only middle class areas of Brooklyn )and the amount of fukkery I witnessed was retarded. I couldn't imagine growing up in the fukkery of Brownsville or East Ny:wow:.

This borough is so fukked up mentally that nikkas in Canarsie which is like you said the middle class actually join gangs (Pop Smoke, Star Brim) nikkas with 2 parent household's and Queens rent and space joining woo :gucci:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Really? Bro, I'm all over Crown Heights and Flatbush and it feels safer than ever... for someone not involved in any bullshyt.

I remember back in like 2010 you couldn't even walk on certain strips. Now you can pretty much pass through side blocks without someone saying shyt.

Anyone here remember Junction 10 years ago? You literally couldn't go through there without a crip nikka pressing you.

Now I can chill on Junction all day with no worries. What kind of energy are you guys giving off?

Facts I feel like crown heights was a beats during these years

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN

Bruh I remember that Junction when nikkas was still spilling ya milk or eating your food after asking you the time just because. Back when front page was front page before the flatbush gardens bullshyt

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
You not serious.....
I am. Lived on P street in the 80s and East Flatbush and Flatbush until 97. :to:If you knew how to carry it, you were good. At worst, you would get jumped if you weren’t in street shyt:sadbron:. Today, these young cats ain’t shooting the five nor jumping. Your ass is getting shot without hesitation. :birdman:Back then, the block had ONE hammer maybe two... Today...Tuh...These young cats got guns with damn 808 drums..:mjtf:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown

Def 10 times safer but still pretty fukked up, unfortunately. Let's say Crown Heights and Flatbush was a 8 or 9 in terms of danger in the 80's 90's. I would give it a 5 or a 6 now. Not terrible but still a lot of fukkery. My citizen app goes off constantly, nikkas still mean mugging and banging heavy. Peep my last reply to SourPowerStraws. My friend moved here and he makes pretty good money and has a nice ass block and somebody got clapped couple months ago