We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Def 10 times safer but still pretty fukked up, unfortunately. Let's say Crown Heights and Flatbush was a 8 or 9 in terms of danger in the 80's 90's. I would give it a 5 or a 6 now. Not terrible but still a lot of fukkery. My citizen app goes off constantly, nikkas still mean mugging and banging heavy. Peep my last reply to SourPowerStraws. My friend moved here and he makes pretty good money and has a nice ass block and somebody got clapped couple months ago

I was on the Junction couple weeks ago trying to go to that Nike and like you said it used to be Crip Heavy. Now it's not as much but I can still sense the tenseness and lack of opportunity

UncleTomFord15

Veteran
Daps
This borough is so fukked up mentally that nikkas in Canarsie which is like you said the middle class actually join gangs (Pop Smoke, Star Brim) nikkas with 2 parent household's and Queens rent and space joining woo :gucci:
The early part of the 80s, the part near Brownsville and the 3 projects in Canarsie are the only real parts where shyt goes down tbh. Its that 30% of the neighborhood that fukks it up for the other 70%.

thelonious21

I like my women tall
Daps
Reppin
Da Hood
I aint goin lie..
When I moved from Bk back in the 90s

I would always go back to the old block..

One day we was chilling in front of some buildings across from where I used to live.. like 8 nikkaz deep..

Some random cat jus was walking down the block..

The way we all were standing it was like they had to walk between the group.. not crowded together but like some was leaning on cars and some leaning on the fence of the building..

Son. Dude was MINDING HIS OWN BUSINESS..
Head down and all..

One of my dudes say..

"YOU BETTER KEEP YA fukkING HEAD DOWN nikka"

I was like :picard::dwillhuh::gucci::mjtf::why:

Immediately I was like.. I see why moms moved.. shyt was crazy

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
I am. Lived on P street in the 80s and East Flatbush and Flatbush until 97. :to:If you knew how to carry it, you were good. At worst, you would get jumped if you weren’t in street shyt:sadbron:. Today, these young cats ain’t shooting the five nor jumping. Your ass is getting shot without hesitation. :birdman:Back then, the block had ONE hammer maybe two... Today...Tuh...These young cats got guns with damn 808 drums..:mjtf:
Def 10 times safer but still pretty fukked up, unfortunately. Let's say Crown Heights and Flatbush was a 8 or 9 in terms of danger in the 80's 90's. I would give it a 5 or a 6 now. Not terrible but still a lot of fukkery. My citizen app goes off constantly, nikkas still mean mugging and banging heavy. Peep my last reply to SourPowerStraws. My friend moved here and he makes pretty good money and has a nice ass block and somebody got clapped couple months ago

This is all true but there's at least one key difference between now and back the day: the victims.

Back then ANYBODY could get it for practically no reason on every block. People were getting sliced and shyt just for staring at someone. Gangs actually expected you to "put in work".

Now, most of the victims are people who they had beef with and sadly people who get hit with strays. There are still a few instances where random people get targeted, but the overwhelming majority is personal.

But I can definitely see things trending back towards the old days.

YoNoSe

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I would say the part of Brooklyn that breeds the most ignorant people is the hood Bobby Shmurda comes from. That’s the first area where I saw the peak levels of ignorance.

Dudes going to the corner store and telling Arabs that they about to shoot people that night and can’t wait.

That’s funny as I grew up in the same hood as Bobby Shmurda. He’s younger than me of course. When I was younger it was all about BK for me.

I was proud to be from BK and I still am. Cats nowadays are reckless, and not worth getting into conflict with. My attitude is different now but what I leaned through the years is to keep your head on a swivel but always stand your ground. You’re definitely going to lose some but you will also win some

Ghostface Trillah

God-level poster
Daps
Reppin
Mt. Olympus
"Brooklyn is just one big nikka moment from the boondocks..."

Coming up in Brooklyn makes you high key hostile or has you constantly on the defense from unnecessary hostility. That constant need to be tough. Brooklyn will have you in arguments/fights/beefs over the stupidest and pettiest things. You could accidentally brush up against a cat and apologize and before he acknowledges that it was a mistake and you both go on with your lives, he'll say some disrespectful shyt and now you got a nikka moment happening and everlasting beef because some nikka thinks you were trying to play him by accidentally bumping into him. It's like you can't give nikkas an inch or it's like blood in the water to sharks.

That being said, Brooklyn is ten times safer now than the Brooklyn I grew up in. People getting punched in the face for living, cats robbing whole subway cars, double digits murders a week, grown men robbing high school kids and grandmothers. Dudes like Tekashi couldn't even come outside then.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
made a thread how queens were the best rap borough with the most gifted MC's.

i said brooklyn were the most shallow self-indulgent me, me, me, get money over everything bunch of garbage MC's.

thread was on point a lot of co-signs, so i see theres something in the waters there.

AnotherRoute

Just another post by
Daps
Reppin
BR..O..OK...LYN
made a thread how queens were the best rap borough with the most gifted MC's.

i said brooklyn were the most shallow self-indulgent me, me, me, get money over everything bunch of garbage MC's.

thread was on point a lot of co-signs, so i see theres something in the waters there.

Queens nikkas is bunch of snakes nikkas that would kidnap their own mothers shut the fukk up with this bullshyt take.

"Brooklyn is just one big nikka moment from the boondocks..."

Coming up in Brooklyn makes you high key hostile or has you constantly on the defense from unnecessary hostility. That constant need to be tough. Brooklyn will have you in arguments/fights/beefs over the stupidest and pettiest things. You could accidentally brush up against a cat and apologize and before he acknowledges that it was a mistake and you both go on with your lives, he'll say some disrespectful shyt and now you got a nikka moment happening and everlasting beef because some nikka thinks you were trying to play him by accidentally bumping into him. It's like you can't give nikkas an inch or it's like blood in the water to sharks.

I still have this issue man and I wasn’t outside getting into shyt like that. Its funny cause cats are respectful with a lot of hostility.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking at the murder rate and I don't see anything that says "uncontrollable". They are mostly bullies,they are posturing but in reality are scared little boys who have bought into their own hype. Theres a culture of aggression,disrespectfulness and loud talking that gets allowed in NYC. If you as a new yorker are not around that,and not used to that you probably take that as a serious threat. This thread has cats talking like they want Joe Biden to reconsider that crime bill:patrice:.? I've been all over, and everywhere I have been theres always a stray New Yorker talking or acting tough. They get checked and quickly humble themselves to their environment. Sounds like the neighborhood has just been surrendered to bullies. But I'm not about to suggest anybody stand up to any of them, to see if they are what they say they are. You just need to move far away,the black people who you once knew as your people,are no longer your people. They are genetically modified for the most part. You wouldn't try to save a zombie I'm pretty sure?You have to let the dead bury the dead as much as it hurts. Take yourself,your kids,your family out of America soon as you can. Far away from the European devil and his gmo'd army.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
Yeah, thats why BK has street legends of all the ignorant and violent variety, like Killer Ben and so on. Nothing about pro Black enlightenment or anything that truly uplifts the black community. Itd like they the anti thesis of Public Enemy and The Black Panthers' motto and decorum

@Wear My Dawg's Hat

Yup. Too many these days have been fan-following gangs and killers like my grandfather used to follow Willie Mays and Hank Aaron.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Reading this thread as a person born & raised in Bk & currently living in the Bx...

:mjlol:

You engaged in ignorance and secretly clowned the likes of De La Soul and Public Enemy for being "too black" :mjpls:

Never delivered smoke against a gentrifying CAC, but damn near ruined a lot of innocent black lives.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
OP You are 120% right.

The level of Ignorance and just straight emotional always wanna be tough shyt I've had to witness is one of 7 reasons I'm saving and leaving NY and maybe America.

Where to start: I can tell you about how my friend in Junior High went to visit a girl from school who lived in East New York and was stripped naked and robbed by pink houses nikkas:patrice:

Or the time my girl in high school was from Red Hook P's and the whole damn community would grill me up and down and I finally asked her why she said like it as easy as if it was ordering water at a restaurant. "Oh they was gonna rob you but they said since we talk they won't":hhh:

How about the time I almost got into a fight twice in one day, texted my barber for the appointment, take my little brother there to get a cut too. On the way there (Just like Op mentioned in the train story) nikka tells me I'm grilling him and if I wanna fight all this etc. (Mind you, he's with two young girls) I'm arguing with him, me with my brother him with his daughters?? until I just decide to leave. At the damn barbershop now, nikka want's to fight me cuz he said I skipped him, even after my barber told him I had an appointment. nikka wanna take it outside and talked about how much guns he had etc, I was with my brother and this was a lot to process so I just argued for a few more and they kicked all out of the shop and I had to get a cut later.

The train incident op stated x10 just in different variations (basketball court outside, chicken spot, walking down the street)

Seen nikkas smack a girls ass in front the boyfriend mad times.

All this shyt has me on ptsd mode constantly even when I'm in other places and I always think somebody is tryna line me and that everyone is scum.

Brooklyn so off the hook that the neighborhood where nikkas usually move to when their parents get money (Canarsie) inspired the biggest rapper and movement in NY.
When I go there the shyt look like family good time living! drive-throughs and houses. Canarsie is nikkas got tired of making fun of them and saying they grew up nice so instead of ignoring them you get Pop Smoke and Star Brim

Anyway I'm tired of it so I'll always have love for her but I'm def moving downsouth where I can get a blicky and carry that mf and have land and not have to take public transportation and visit my fam up here on holidays and shyt

:wow:

Long ago, when I was in CO OP city BX, it was ignorant as any area in the NYC crack era, but I always heard horror stories of BK and how even being pro-black and uplifting/ positive minded could get you killed.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
:wow:

Long ago, when I was in CO OP city BX, it was ignorant as any area in the NYC crack era, but I always heard horror stories of BK and how even being pro-black and uplifting/ positive minded could get you killed.

Think about it, they had the 5 percenters and brothers of knowledge of self. What did they do ? make it into a gang and kill nikkas