We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I'm looking at the murder rate and I don't see anything that says "uncontrollable". They are mostly bullies,they are posturing but in reality are scared little boys who have bought into their own hype. Theres a culture of aggression,disrespectfulness and loud talking that gets allowed in NYC. If you as a new yorker are not around that,and not used to that you probably take that as a serious threat. This thread has cats talking like they want Joe Biden to reconsider that crime bill:patrice:.?

Murder isn't the only crime that makes a place uninhabitable. Robberies, slashings, shootings, assaults etc all factor in to crime. And whether nikkas like it or not, the crime bill is the reason crime dropped significantly since the 80's. All the troublemakers got sent away. shyt ain't always about "racism" and "police brutality" since it's black people calling the cops on other black people.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Seen nikkas smack a girls ass in front the boyfriend mad times.

Seen this happen sooooo many times after school. nikkas would try to holla at ya girl while you with her or just say something wild disrespectful just to see what you do. One breh I knew got slashed over this shyt and that wasn't even his girl :martin: Just a homegirl he was with. I always made it a point to stay away from nikkas in groups. Sooo many stories I could drop but I don't wanna spam the thread.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Man I'm always reporting shyt on the 311 app when I see suspect shyt going on. Idgaf. I lived next to some rowdy ass neighbors before that was always blasting music at all times of the day/night. No respect or consideration for people around them. It's really up to the community to get rid of these mfs. You get called a c00n / snitch / lame all types of shyt just cuz you tired of the bullshyt. nikkas literally shame you for wanting better for yourself and your people. fukk all that though.

You dont owe the local hood hustlers or gangs anything..not loyalty, not keeping them out of prison.

The idea the community has an obligation to protect people that destroy the community itself is insane..
They're not even blood relatives but people you dont even know. What do you owe them?

They chose the crime life, make illegal earnings and blow that money on frivolous shyt whilst rubbing that same ill gotten wealth in the face of the community they rob and drugged out.

These dudes selling poison outside all day are actually sitting ducks..just call the law.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Seen this happen sooooo many times after school. nikkas would try to holla at ya girl while you with her or just say something wild disrespectful just to see what you do. One breh I knew got slashed over this shyt and that wasn't even his girl :martin: Just a homegirl he was with. I always made it a point to stay away from nikkas in groups. Sooo many stories I could drop but I don't wanna spam the thread.

Might as well spam the thread, in organized paragraphs lol

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Murder isn't the only crime that makes a place uninhabitable. Robberies, slashings, shootings, assaults etc all factor in to crime. And whether nikkas like it or not, the crime bill is the reason crime dropped significantly since the 80's. All the troublemakers got sent away. shyt ain't always about "racism" and "police brutality" since it's black people calling the cops on other black people.
No, crime was going down before the bill was signed. Why just say something that can easily be proven wrong?

Secondly, even if you give credit to the 94 crime bill, why did people going to prison keep rising in the 2000's?

The whole reason for the crime bill was to make sure the new private prisons made profit, and to have cheap labor. Most people who got locked up was for weed, and hard drugs, not violence. If anything the crime bill helped bring the prison culture to the neighborhoods.

Look at NYC, all the gang shyt came from prison. Before the mid 90s, if you went to prison, it was for dealing a lot of drugs or violence. After the crime bill, anyone got locked up, and that helped bring more people into the street lifestyle. A guy smoking weed shouldn't be around gang members, and killers, but in jail that's how it is until they go to prison. In the 90's rikers island was no joke!

Last edited:

JerseyFinest!

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Trenton, New Jerz
I haven’t been in BK much the last 10 yrs.

But in the 90s especially 89-94 Brooklyn really was the Wild West. I was living in VanderVille PJs, and the last straw forcing us to move to Jersey was my sister getting robbed in the elevator for all our groceries.

Growing up as kid you had to have a bit of Savage in you in that environment or you was food. It definitely carry with me moving to Jersey (Trenton) which was a typical hood but no where compared to Brooklyn.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
OP You are 120% right.

The level of Ignorance and just straight emotional always wanna be tough shyt I've had to witness is one of 7 reasons I'm saving and leaving NY and maybe America.

Where to start: I can tell you about how my friend in Junior High went to visit a girl from school who lived in East New York and was stripped naked and robbed by pink houses nikkas:patrice:

Or the time my girl in high school was from Red Hook P's and the whole damn community would grill me up and down and I finally asked her why she said like it as easy as if it was ordering water at a restaurant. "Oh they was gonna rob you but they said since we talk they won't":hhh:

How about the time I almost got into a fight twice in one day, texted my barber for the appointment, take my little brother there to get a cut too. On the way there (Just like Op mentioned in the train story) nikka tells me I'm grilling him and if I wanna fight all this etc. (Mind you, he's with two young girls) I'm arguing with him, me with my brother him with his daughters?? until I just decide to leave. At the damn barbershop now, nikka want's to fight me cuz he said I skipped him, even after my barber told him I had an appointment. nikka wanna take it outside and talked about how much guns he had etc, I was with my brother and this was a lot to process so I just argued for a few more and they kicked all out of the shop and I had to get a cut later.

The train incident op stated x10 just in different variations (basketball court outside, chicken spot, walking down the street)

Seen nikkas smack a girls ass in front the boyfriend mad times.

All this shyt has me on ptsd mode constantly even when I'm in other places and I always think somebody is tryna line me and that everyone is scum.

Brooklyn so off the hook that the neighborhood where nikkas usually move to when their parents get money (Canarsie) inspired the biggest rapper and movement in NY.
When I go there the shyt look like family good time living! drive-throughs and houses. Canarsie is nikkas got tired of making fun of them and saying they grew up nice so instead of ignoring them you get Pop Smoke and Star Brim

Anyway I'm tired of it so I'll always have love for her but I'm def moving downsouth where I can get a blicky and carry that mf and have land and not have to take public transportation and visit my fam up here on holidays and shyt
What happened with Canarsie seems to be a common theme across the US. A suburban working class area that has a reputation for being somewhat safe and is viewed as a spot where black ppl move to, when they come up. The youngsters in those neighborhoods want their own rep and respect and all of a sudden those middle class areas become gang infested and stuff starts popping off.

:francis:

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
They have 5 percenter gangs?
Had 5 percentage gangs back in the late 80and early 90s. They were the God Bodies. They preached black empowerment and bettering themselves as black men. This is why you hear rappers back in those days call each other Gods. Or why we still call each other son/sun. It However shyt changed in the early 90s because the younger Godbodies were renegades. They didn’t listen to the elders, starting robbing, stabbing people, selling drugs etc. It was these same renegade Godbodies that founded the UBN in 93 on Rikers. Because the Latin Kings was oppressing black folks in the jails. So they got together left the Godbodies and formed the East coast bloods.

Once they washed the Latin Kings in Jail and in the streets they were totally out of control. And that’s how Crips were founded in NYC. GD’s also were in opposition to the Bloods and that when the 8 ball alliance between Crips and GDs was a thing in Brooklyn. Out of opposition to the Bloods who were just reckless savages. Slashing people in broad day for no reason. And of course they turned against each other especially with the whole OG Mack fiasco.

NYC would have been totally different if the God Bodies were the top gang of the city instead of the Bloods. Now Bloods run the jails all over the state and the sets have connections with other blood sets from CT all the way to Florida.

Blankthawtz

90-9-1 Principle
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Land of fukkery
OP.... U old enough to know this how NY hoods flow... We stop questioning that shyt before we even get out of elementary school....its our world...use it /learn from it and move on.... :manny:

Tupac in a Business Suit

Middle aged....Middle paid
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem via Brooklyn
Consider the fact that a lot of the crime numbers in the violent decades of the 70s, 80s and 90s were due to a heavy organized crime element in NYC. Although organized crime still exists, most of the mob and mafia figures have removed themselves from the murder for hire business, outsourcing those acts to lover tiered street organizations. So yes, violence, particularly murders have dropped since those days but I’m pretty sure if you look at the numbers of shootings today versus back then, the numbers are significantly higher in black communities.

Today, you have drivebys, in neighborhoods and on the highways, shootings on the subways and on the buses. Yes, you can walk in certain areas where it may have been a no go before but that was before there was an increase in the availability of cctv. Even with the cameras and shotspotter satellite technology readily available today, it has some little to deter violent crime.

Bumblebreh

Collecting honey and money
Daps
People forget that this was literally only 15 years ago. Gen Z have no idea how good they have growing up in a gentrified world. This was the harsh reality 20-25 years ago. One wrong bus stop could mean major harm to your health.

It sad to think that most of the guys in the video are either dead or in prison and the lucky ones were able to move on. You can see the ptsd in their eyes.

Had 5 percentage gangs back in the late 80and early 90s. They were the God Bodies. They preached black empowerment and bettering themselves as black men. This is why you hear rappers back in those days call each other Gods. Or why we still call each other son/sun. It However shyt changed in the early 90s because the younger Godbodies were renegades. They didn’t listen to the elders, starting robbing, stabbing people, selling drugs etc. It was these same renegade Godbodies that founded the UBN in 93 on Rikers. Because the Latin Kings was oppressing black folks in the jails. So they got together left the Godbodies and formed the East coast bloods.

Once they washed the Latin Kings in Jail and in the streets they were totally out of control. And that’s how Crips were founded in NYC. GD’s also were in opposition to the Bloods and that when the 8 ball alliance between Crips and GDs was a thing in Brooklyn. Out of opposition to the Bloods who were just reckless savages. Slashing people in broad day for no reason. And of course they turned against each other especially with the whole OG Mack fiasco.

NYC would have been totally different if the God Bodies were the top gang of the city instead of the Bloods. Now Bloods run the jails all over the state and the sets have connections with other blood sets from CT all the way to Florida.

And what makes it even more confusing is the woo vs choo beef.