We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

SwizzLake

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
It’s beyond ignorant. I see it with my neighbors. Quick to block my driveway but not the other neighbors...:mjpls:

I won’t even touch on the way we celebrate being anti social in Brooklyn.

Obviously. Park slope barely has black or brown people.

Get off the F train after late nights in the City and walk home in peace..In all my summers visiting in Brooklyn, I have never seen shyt go down at Park Slope.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
OP You are 120% right.

The level of Ignorance and just straight emotional always wanna be tough shyt I've had to witness is one of 7 reasons I'm saving and leaving NY and maybe America.

Where to start: I can tell you about how my friend in Junior High went to visit a girl from school who lived in East New York and was stripped naked and robbed by pink houses nikkas:patrice:

Or the time my girl in high school was from Red Hook P's and the whole damn community would grill me up and down and I finally asked her why she said like it as easy as if it was ordering water at a restaurant. "Oh they was gonna rob you but they said since we talk they won't":hhh:

How about the time I almost got into a fight twice in one day, texted my barber for the appointment, take my little brother there to get a cut too. On the way there (Just like Op mentioned in the train story) nikka tells me I'm grilling him and if I wanna fight all this etc. (Mind you, he's with two young girls) I'm arguing with him, me with my brother him with his daughters?? until I just decide to leave. At the damn barbershop now, nikka want's to fight me cuz he said I skipped him, even after my barber told him I had an appointment. nikka wanna take it outside and talked about how much guns he had etc, I was with my brother and this was a lot to process so I just argued for a few more and they kicked all out of the shop and I had to get a cut later.

The train incident op stated x10 just in different variations (basketball court outside, chicken spot, walking down the street)

Seen nikkas smack a girls ass in front the boyfriend mad times.

All this shyt has me on ptsd mode constantly even when I'm in other places and I always think somebody is tryna line me and that everyone is scum.

Brooklyn so off the hook that the neighborhood where nikkas usually move to when their parents get money (Canarsie) inspired the biggest rapper and movement in NY.
When I go there the shyt look like family good time living! drive-throughs and houses. Canarsie is nikkas got tired of making fun of them and saying they grew up nice so instead of ignoring them you get Pop Smoke and Star Brim

Anyway I'm tired of it so I'll always have love for her but I'm def moving downsouth where I can get a blicky and carry that mf and have land and not have to take public transportation and visit my fam up here on holidays and shyt

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Also Pandemic made it worse, certain blocks in the Stuy where pre covid I was starting to see Isaw happy Europeans with suitcases going into air b and b's, I now see 10 blood nikkas shooting dice with Red Kufi's and red beads on, while the big ass police jouver't light around the corner illuminating the whole block.

Bus I take to my gym (I know I'm a bum for taking the bus) nikkas shot through it and hit a 70 year old women 2 hours after I took the bus

1. Stray bullet pierces MTA bus in Brooklyn, hits 70-year-old woman in face

You truly gotta have some peace of mind and strong willpower to make it here especially the hood without snapping man. This type of shyt can only inspire some creativity and use it as a funnel for your art like Chris Rock did in his perception of his life in Everybody Hates Chris or it can backfire and I'm seeing the latter

I saw Jamie Hector (Marlo from the Wire) on a stoop by Lincoln Terreace Park with what had to be at least 30 nikkas all grilling me as I walk down the street, mind you I'm 12 just going to the park. I watch the wire and know that nikka wasn't acting at all.

Growing up here and living here, still most of my family here just make me cautious and always on guard

Last edited:

Thurgood Thurston III

#LLNB #LLLB #E4R | woooK nypdK
Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
It’s true. Slightest perception of “disrespect” in Brooklyn can have your head blown off. What’s crazy is that I think it’s actually worse today in the black community in Brooklyn than it was in the 80s and 90s.

You not serious.....

Thurgood Thurston III

Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Y'all wouldn't last a heartbeat in the Bronx then

Brooklyn is so much more tamer now than when I was a teenager...there was once a time when if I didn't have business in certain hoods in BK, I wouldn't go there because it was a guarantee of getting robbed.

Not "Damn you might get robbed".

A GUARANTEE that nikkas will run up on you. Period. You not from there? Nobody knows you? GIMME THAT

There are parts of Williamsburg where there was no reason for you to be out there past a certain hour....now that shyt is a hipster hub, teaming with nightlife

Bro these dudes sound like they wouldn't even last in Long island...

Brooklyn is nothing like it was even 10 years ago.

TallMan_J

Retired from TheColi
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Retired
I got so many stories I can drop in here.

I’m from Detroit. East Side. I’ve seen my fair share of degeneracy and fukk shyt.
:ehh:

That being said, the times that I’ve been to NY, I’ve NEVER left Manhattan to visit the other boroughs. It was always straight from Newark airport into Manhattan for me. Harlem was cool though. So, go ahead and share a Brooklyn story or two, if you haven’t already.
:feedme:

Thurgood Thurston III

Daps
Reppin
The kirk to the fields
Brooklyn nikkas are the absolute worst.

Crown Heights. :pacspit:

Flatbush. :pacspit:

Bed Stuy. :pacspit::scust::pacspit:

Anytime I’ve been to NYC, I avoid those scum nikkas like the plague. The worst of the worst.

Damn bro what we did to you lol?

Let me know who hurt you out here and I'll make sure you don't go through it again. :to:

But you gotta check in :ufdup:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I’m from Detroit. East Side. I’ve seen my fair share of degeneracy and fukk shyt.
:ehh:

That being said, the times that I’ve been to NY, I’ve NEVER left Manhattan to visit the other boroughs. It was always straight from Newark airport into Manhattan for me. Harlem was cool though. So, go ahead and share a Brooklyn story or two, if you haven’t already.
:feedme:

have you been to the parts or Harlem such as anywhere north of 145th or St. Nicholas projects on Adam Clayton. If so that’s a mini Brooklyn preview

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
No, all those 4 plus the 90's and even Canarsie now and even Bushwick, you can be on a hipster block one street and see nikkas shooting dice in front the bodega on the other, then when you try to get in they grilling you.

And btw all those areas border each other so it's still proximity crimes and people that know each other

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
No, all those 4 plus the 90's and even Canarsie now and even Bushwick, you can be on a hipster block one street and see nikkas shooting dice in front the bodega on the other, then when you try to get in they grilling you.

Flatbush, crown heights and Canarsie really don’t bother me. The part of Flatbush that specifically bothers me tho is the area around woodruff and Parade grounds