We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

BmoreGorilla

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Man, woman, and child
Just came into say I love Brooklyn even tho I haven’t been in years. One of my sisters went to school in NY for a little bit back in 97-98 and I stayed some weekends with her. She had a little studio apartment in Flatbush right between Flatbush and Bedford

I used to trip becuz she had a window in her bathroom that had a brick wall like 2 inches away
:russ:
We rode up and down that D train. I never felt unsafe tho. shyt was cool and I was only like 16-17. Only drawback was that she lived right above a Jamaican food spot that was open 24/7 and had music playing nonstop so it was hard to sleep. Those beef patties tho
:ohlawd:

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Thanks, news to me. Back in his era and even in the Combat Jack interview he made it a point to say that the goons and hitters he ran with were Jamaican. Seems like a comment that would be made by a person who wasn't from that background . Maybe he meant recently arrived Jamaicans. Shawn's JA parent is probably 2nd or 3rd generation.

I mentioned all the acts and figures from his area that he mentioned. Are most of the guys in Full Force of Haitian descent?

No they aren't. I think they're from St Thomas or Vincent. One of them shyts.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Damn the way y'all talking almost as if Brooklyn never progressed past the early 90s.

Besides rapid gentrification it really hasnt

I disagree. I remember how crazy it was when I was in junior high. Head on a swivel damn near every neighborhood you went. I remember choosing which high school to go to was hard AF and I was not trying to go to my zone school or have to travel to far either. Lol. Brooklyn is way safer in the sense that I can drive thru Brownsville and not worry about shyt. Walking is a different story though lol

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Blacks lived in Flatbush before the 1970s, but I think it was just around 10%, during the 70s is when both ADOS, and carribeans started filling it up

Remember NYC was bankrupt in the 70s, and crime was rising, that lowered the cost of living, so Flatbush had more blacks moving in as more whites started leaving

Flatbush in the 80s, and up was a mix of American, and carribean. You would see, and hear hip hop/r&b, but see rastas, and hear reggae, and dancehall. Even some latins lived there. I had all types of friends from latin, american, west indian, Chinese, and knew a small amount of arabic, and indian

For more old school ADOS history, bed-stuy, and fort green, is the place to go. Even some of crown heights, but not like bed-stuy, and fort greene. I do remember reading about some black guys in Flatbush in the 1960's being bullied from bed-stuy guys for being more well to do, and dressing different.

In my entire life I only met 5 people who were ADOS who lived in Flatbush. As crazy as it seems.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY really is a block-to-block city. Flatbush has middle class areas it seems. From the outside looking in.

Flatbush is a funny area. You drive down ocean Ave and you’d think the whole area is mostly buildings. Turn one street and it’s completely Victorian houses instantly.

I was born on Farragut road and east 24th. Unlike ditmas park the Victorians where I grew up in were black owned. Lots of Haitians and Jamaicans own those Victorians on Farragut, Glenwood and Foster between Bedford And ocean Avenue.

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
All facts. That's why I couldn't understand Pop Smoke trying to make Canarsie seem like it's some "hood." Aside from the 3 projects (which he wasn't even from) shyt ain't going down like that. Flatbush depends mainly on which blocks you're talking about and what time of day it is.

The only spots in Canarsie that can get a hood pass are Breukelin and Bayview. The rest of Canarsie especially the 100s needs to take a seat lol

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Just got done watching a "documentary" about the woos and choos
shyt is kind of confusing with all the factions. I been to a couple of sections of Brooklyn including bedstuy and the area around barclays. never saw any of these gang stuff but maybe I was in the gentrified part

Woos and choos aren’t in bed stuy like that it seems cause I almost never see bed stuy rappers repping it. It seems to be a Canarsie, Brownsville, East Flatbush, Flatbush thing honestly