We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

truth2you

All Star
Daps
NY really is a block-to-block city. Flatbush has middle class areas it seems. From the outside looking in.
Flatbush is different because it went through white flight like Brownsville, and east ny, in the 1970s, but it was a mostly middle class neighborhood. The other areas were mostly poor

With Flatbush, most of the black, and Latin residents came in the late 1970s, and early1980s, and on. The 1970s was the end of the great migration for black americans, while the beginning of black immigrants coming into the country in large amounts who were mostly caribbean(jamaicans)

The 1990's is really the beginning of Flatbush being what we know it as today, but with more ADOS. Now, it's less because a lot of us went down south in the early 2000's or other parts of nyc

All the areas like midwood, and ditmas park, were full of white Jews who kept those houses. Blacks moved in, but they kept the majority, most blacks live in apartments.

Is that from Midwood?
no, that is more closer yo ditmas park, but midwood is only a few blocks away

Last edited:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Flatbush is different because it went through white flight like Brownsville, and east ny, in the 1970s, but it was a mostly middle class neighborhood. The other areas were mostly poor

With Flatbush, most of the black, and Latin residents came in the late 1970s, and early1980s, and on. The 1970s was the end of the great migration for black americans, while the beginning of black immigrants coming into the country in large amounts who were mostly caribbean(jamaicans)

The 1990's is really the beginning of Flatbush being what we know it as today, but with more ADOS. Now, it's less because a lot of us went down south in the early 2000's or other parts of nyc

All the areas like midwood, and ditmas park, were full of white Jews who kept those houses. Blacks moved in, but they kept the majority, most blacks live in apartments.

no, that is more closer yo ditmas park, but midwood is only a few blocks away
From a Non-New Yorker perspective, I’ve always known Flatbush to be a West Indian neighborhood. This is interesting info. When did ADOS start moving into Flatbush? Around the same time West Indians started migrating to Flatbush? I kinda wanna know about ADOS Flatbush now.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
From a Non-New Yorker perspective, I’ve always known Flatbush to be a West Indian neighborhood. This is interesting info. When did ADOS start moving into Flatbush? Around the same time West Indians started migrating to Flatbush? I kinda wanna know about ADOS Flatbush now.
Do a search of the Little Shawn/Combat Jack interview. I posted it a few times on the forum.

Shawn is one of the rare AA artists to come out of Flatbush, basically every other artist or street figure he mentions from that area during the interview is Caribbean. In the interview he mentions his family being the first Black family to move into a certain section over there.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
That's a crazy story. Watching Foot's part in this video makes it crazier that he got crept on like that. If both parties are on it like that then what can you do, someone is going to go. Probably wasn't over anything important though.

Ex goons turned rappers are always terrible.

In the old era, this guy Foot would have bankrolled/held down/or extorted a promising rapper from his neighborhood.

Killers putting themselves out front as artists is always going to seem backwards to me.

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I feel you on that uniform tip....Moms wanted me to go to Naz ..told her no way im wearing uniform and taking the bus with them tilden nikkaz and nikkaz from the 50s :francis:
I went to Meyer Levin and them Tilden nikkas was always on some bullshyt. Seen many of my little guys get their pockets ran. Only reason I never got caught up in some shyt was because one of my big dudes looked out and kept them from running my shyt. Shoutouts my guy, Kurt. I respect you. :salute:
Big Facts. And the Mcdonalds on Snyder back when I was going to Erasmus.

Erasmus High school to this day still has fukkery but the stories I heard growing up about that school in the late 90s and early 2000s is fukking wild. :sadcam:
I gotta read through this thread more. I aint know we had other cats from E-Hall here. Science and Math in the building! :russ:
What year did you graduate?That McDonalds stayed being on some shyt. The skating rink near there wasn't shyt either. nikkas was always fighting and bussing over there. Wild shyt.

What stories did you hear, breh? I got a bunch. Funniest was some bytch asking me if it was true that we tunneled into Dr. Jays to steal kicks. :russ:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
And Even worse, NY rap scene is making BK the standard "real" rap, like you gotta sell drugs, be superthug, and be THAT nikka at the same time like prime Jigga portrayed himself to be. Or some vulgar M.O.P. type of act where you gotta be savage. It brainwashed the audience into thinking that Hip Hop started in BK and not the BX. :mindblown:

Can You imagine any real BK street rapper dropping a Nas "Untitled" album? :mjpls:

How you shyttin on your own borough like this? :ohhh:

Brooklyn was crazy way before rap breh.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Blacks lived in Flatbush before the 1970s, but I think it was just around 10%, during the 70s is when both ADOS, and carribeans started filling it up

Remember NYC was bankrupt in the 70s, and crime was rising, that lowered the cost of living, so Flatbush had more blacks moving in as more whites started leaving

Flatbush in the 80s, and up was a mix of American, and carribean. You would see, and hear hip hop/r&b, but see rastas, and hear reggae, and dancehall. Even some latins lived there. I had all types of friends from latin, american, west indian, Chinese, and knew a small amount of arabic, and indian

For more old school ADOS history, bed-stuy, and fort green, is the place to go. Even some of crown heights, but not like bed-stuy, and fort greene. I do remember reading about some black guys in Flatbush in the 1960's being bullied from bed-stuy guys for being more well to do, and dressing different.

Last edited:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Couldn't work here. Too many people live next to each other and too many loonies

I think it'd work, just don't give folks with so much as a misdemeanor a gun and limit it to 1 gun purchase a month. :mjlol: I want good brehs to be able to properly protect themselves.:yeshrug:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Do a search of the Little Shawn/Combat Jack interview. I posted it a few times on the forum.

Shawn is one of the rare AA artists to come out of Flatbush, basically every other artist or street figure he mentions from that area during the interview is Caribbean. In the interview he mentions his family being the first Black family to move into a certain section over there.
Yeah, where Shawn is from is east Flatbush, and for some reason more West Indians lived over there then ADOS, but once you hit Church avenue, and Flatbush, the whole area had more ADOS, but it was still a lot of West indians.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
I went to Meyer Levin and them Tilden nikkas was always on some bullshyt. Seen many of my little guys get their pockets ran. Only reason I never got caught up in some shyt was because one of my big dudes looked out and kept them from running my shyt. Shoutouts my guy, Kurt. I respect you. :salute:

I gotta read through this thread more. I aint know we had other cats from E-Hall here. Science and Math in the building! :russ:
What year did you graduate?That McDonalds stayed being on some shyt. The skating rink near there wasn't shyt either. nikkas was always fighting and bussing over there. Wild shyt.

What stories did you hear, breh? I got a bunch. Funniest was some bytch asking me if it was true that we tunneled into Dr. Jays to steal kicks. :russ:
Yessir! I was in Business and Tech. We was always considered the bad side of the school when I was there. Graduated in 2001. lol

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
Yessir! I was in Business and Tech. We was always considered the bad side of the school when I was there. Graduated in 2001. lol
Heard you. Lol. You left literally as I was coming in. I graduated in 05. Business and tech was still the wild side. shyt was awful. Whenever I seen security running down the halls, they was always going to business and tech. I remember humanities being the softest of all.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Remember this story very well. Haitian kid named David Opont. Miraculously he lived.

opont.jpg

Burned Boy Points To Alleged Attacker, Tells Tale of Torture
RONALD POWERSSeptember 11, 1990
NEW YORK (AP) _ The 12-year-old boy set ablaze by a neighborhood bully in an abandoned building pointed out his alleged attacker in court Tuesday and told a tale of kidnapping, torture and immolation.

David Opont also testified that the attacker laughed at him when he rolled in the snow to put out the fire.

David attracted national sympathy after the March 7 attack with reports he resisted efforts by his attacker to make him take drugs.

″He tried to put what he was smoking in my mouth,″ David said, speaking in Creole through a translator. ″I shook my head because I didn’t want to take it. He set fire to my shirt.″

David, a native of Haiti, suffered massive burns. Doctors initially gave him a 50 percent chance of surviving. After numerous skin grafs he left a hospital last month. Celebrity hospital visitors included former President Reagan, Bill Cosby and baseball star Dwight Gooden.

Lol at doc showing up, he probably was like "so who were these guys and were their prices reasonable? ":wtf::jbhmm:

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Just got done watching a "documentary" about the woos and choos
shyt is kind of confusing with all the factions. I been to a couple of sections of Brooklyn including bedstuy and the area around barclays. never saw any of these gang stuff but maybe I was in the gentrified part

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Heard you. Lol. You left literally as I was coming in. I graduated in 05. Business and tech was still the wild side. shyt was awful. Whenever I seen security running down the halls, they was always going to business and tech. I remember humanities being the softest of all.
LOL yep. shyt was wild. It got really bad towards 97-99 because that's when a lot of Crips was all over the school. I was a bad ass kid back then, I can't lie. I barely was going to classes smh. I had to get my shyt together. My brother was in Humanities, it was the most well behaved. (He's 2 years older). My sister was in Business & Tech, she's 5 years younger than me, so y'all were there at the same time.

King Crimson

Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
LOL yep. shyt was wild. It got really bad towards 97-99 because that's when a lot of Crips was all over the school. I was a bad ass kid back then, I can't lie. I barely was going to classes smh. I had to get my shyt together. My brother was in Humanities, it was the most well behaved. (He's 2 years older). My sister was in Business & Tech, she's 5 years younger than me, so y'all were there at the same time.
Lol. My brother went to E-Hall after me because he wanted to play for Landberg (:pacspit: at that cac, btw). shyt is a family affair. :russ:
But yeah, I wouldn't wish that shyt on anyone. Teacher getting bust in the head with projector, nikkas setting the bulletin boards on fire, shorties getting tossed in the stairwell by the library. First time I ever got head and had a shorty swallow was in the little corner under the stairs by the lunchroom after school. shyt was hell on Earth. :russ: