We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Lol. My brother went to E-Hall after me because he wanted to play for Landberg (:pacspit: at that cac, btw). shyt is a family affair. :russ:
But yeah, I wouldn't wish that shyt on anyone. Teacher getting bust in the head with projector, nikkas setting the bulletin boards on fire, shorties getting tossed in the stairwell by the library. First time I ever got head and had a shorty swallow was in the little corner under the stairs by the lunchroom after school. shyt was hell on Earth. :russ:
:mjlol: Facts bro

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Remember this story very well. Haitian kid named David Opont. Miraculously he lived.

opont.jpg

Burned Boy Points To Alleged Attacker, Tells Tale of Torture
RONALD POWERSSeptember 11, 1990
NEW YORK (AP) _ The 12-year-old boy set ablaze by a neighborhood bully in an abandoned building pointed out his alleged attacker in court Tuesday and told a tale of kidnapping, torture and immolation.

David Opont also testified that the attacker laughed at him when he rolled in the snow to put out the fire.

David attracted national sympathy after the March 7 attack with reports he resisted efforts by his attacker to make him take drugs.

″He tried to put what he was smoking in my mouth,″ David said, speaking in Creole through a translator. ″I shook my head because I didn’t want to take it. He set fire to my shirt.″

David, a native of Haiti, suffered massive burns. Doctors initially gave him a 50 percent chance of surviving. After numerous skin grafs he left a hospital last month. Celebrity hospital visitors included former President Reagan, Bill Cosby and baseball star Dwight Gooden.

My brother went to school with David. We ran into him like 3 years ago. He said Dinkins would still call and check on him from time to time.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Do a search of the Little Shawn/Combat Jack interview. I posted it a few times on the forum.

Shawn is one of the rare AA artists to come out of Flatbush, basically every other artist or street figure he mentions from that area during the interview is Caribbean. In the interview he mentions his family being the first Black family to move into a certain section over there.

I pretty sure he said one of his parents (his mother I think) is Jamaican on Drink Champs which I wasn't surprised to hear

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I went to Meyer Levin and them Tilden nikkas was always on some bullshyt. Seen many of my little guys get their pockets ran. Only reason I never got caught up in some shyt was because one of my big dudes looked out and kept them from running my shyt. Shoutouts my guy, Kurt. I respect you. :salute:

I went to Meyer Levin too :salute:

Thats how I knew the shyt around there was crazy...My cousin was a senior at Meyer Levin when i started... introduced me to alot of ppl and he lived around the way so I was good.. plus we always rolled home deep ...Them Tilden kids was wild...the stories man..i remember them trying to rush into the school freshmen friday..security guards struggling to block them off :dead:

King Crimson

Member of a very exclusive gang
Daps
Reppin
Bk/NY
I went to Meyer Levin too :salute:

Thats how I knew the shyt around there was crazy...My cousin was a senior at Meyer Levin when i started... introduced me to alot of ppl and he lived around the way so I was good.. plus we always rolled home deep ...Them Tilden kids was wild...the stories man..i remember them trying to rush into the school freshmen friday..security guards struggling to block them off :dead:
:russ: at every fight taking place at Wonder Bread. Had it looking like a damn street fighter stage after school.

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
All facts. That's why I couldn't understand Pop Smoke trying to make Canarsie seem like it's some "hood." Aside from the 3 projects (which he wasn't even from) shyt ain't going down like that. Flatbush depends mainly on which blocks you're talking about and what time of day it is.
Well his opps the GDs are in one of those PJs. Brookline Houses. So there is a beef between the crips and GDs of Canarsie. Its funny cuz people in Canarsie dont want to claim Brookline as part of Canarsie.

Last edited:

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
How you shyttin on your own borough like this? :ohhh:

Brooklyn was crazy way before rap breh.

It was always violent, but people downplay any other forms of Hip Hop outside the negative street shyt, calling it "soft" or "fake" just cause it doesnt have negative street shyt. Like that crabs in,a barrel shyt, to talk down on black folk growing up in 2 parent households

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
Brehs mentioning Flatbush in here... I always felt safe living in Flatbush. I lived near Brooklyn College and the Junction BTW.

I got robbed once in 2006 when I was a teenager on Glenwood Road by some teenagers and catching someone trying to break into my apartment though the window, I didn't come across much crime.

A always assumed this happened in every hood in NYC not just Flatbush :manny:

I went to PS152 for elementary and IS 33 and Bed Stuy and it was kind of an culture shock when I went to 33. Bed Stuy felt like the real hood where's Flatbush felt like an middle class neighborhood. Among 90s babies Flatbush has an rep as an safe hood, in High School some nikka said "nikkas in Flatbush go Chruch on sundays and shyt" :russ:

IMO BK has been chill since the late 2000s, only recently has it started to get crazy again.

Flatbush/Canarsie/Flatlands = Safe

ENY/Brownsville = real hood

Bed Stuy depends on what part you live in :manny:
Flatbush has some stretches that were hectic. Argyle Road by Caton Ave Park was one of the worst areas in Flatbush. That block has seen so many killings, shootouts, stabbings people getting robbed etc. Nowadays its less hectic. Where the Panamanians live at in Flatbush is a little bit rough. East Flatbush is a whole other beast.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
My brother went to school with David. We ran into him like 3 years ago. He said Dinkins would still call and check on him from time to time.
That's good to hear. The late Mayor Dinkins was a good man. A lot of wild stories happened in that era, but the kid getting set on fire was definitely one that can't be forgotten.

Hope Opont is doing well.

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
I pretty sure he said one of his parents (his mother I think) is Jamaican on Drink Champs which I wasn't surprised to hear
Thanks, news to me. Back in his era and even in the Combat Jack interview he made it a point to say that the goons and hitters he ran with were Jamaican. Seems like a comment that would be made by a person who wasn't from that background . Maybe he meant recently arrived Jamaicans. Shawn's JA parent is probably 2nd or 3rd generation.

I mentioned all the acts and figures from his area that he mentioned. Are most of the guys in Full Force of Haitian descent?