We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

Arithmetic

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
08UDGzZ0nITB0fPYNuQiZ6dQhtDyv9-gF4pF5EmLqpTIoOgB8YDsMQqWNd7ZOpf7fkw0pURdVFJxakUhycBUeD9GiaYPskgAUMoXKxl2I5VUmOryqVf7V_dFRMIOjcYzpyexgDwLnmdu

Okay, you see 3 in Manhattan, that's the Lower East Side, (Tru life, who used to terrorize dipset) used to be sketchy and kind of hood (a lot of puerto ricans) small always access to Brooklyn and uptown quick to me they had a culture of Brooklyn a little mixed with uptown. Anyway one of the first places to gentrify because it's still Manhattan. Lot's of good bars and nightlife now but I would proceed with caution a little around Delancy and other streets at night but for the most part gentrified.

Now when LES got priced out as you see the closest thing to Manhattan is (1) Williamsburg . Hipster gentrification central. NY's portland, used to be puerto rican hood, now as expensive as Manhattan. Girls on HBO with the fat cac Lena Dunham. Greenpoint used to be Polish, still some Polish culture but gentrified as well.

16-5 = Danger zone. Worse areas in NYC by a longshot, corrupt police precients' Brownsville- "he neighborhood contains the most densely concentrated area of public housing in the United States.[40][44] NYCHA owns more housing units in Brownsville than in any other neighborhood, with about one-third of the housing stock (around 10,000 units) in its 18 Brownsville developments, comprising over 100 buildings within 1 square mile (2.6 km2).[45][15]:108 In 2013, it was estimated that the housing developments alone contained nearly 21,000 people.[18] Many of these buildings were built in the mid-20th-century and are deteriorating as of 2015.[37]:8 (PDF p. 5)"- All beefing with each other. Brownsville-Mike Tyson, MOP , Sean Price. Next to it is ENY- Taxstone, Uncle Murda, The A team, same problems as Brownsville, less public housing, same amounts of violence. Home to Thomas Jefferson High -Kid was shot in killed while the Mayor was on his way to visit the school :gucci:. Their last great Basketball star is doing 25 right now- NY Daily News - We are currently unavailable in your region

These areas haven't been gentrified yet, and Idk how you can gentrify Brownsville with 16 projects. ENY maybe but I can't see it either, lots of empty lot's and space -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Five

I'm about to go to the gym, I'll finish this later
:blessed: I been waiting for a breakdown like this. More is better. :feedme:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Remember this story very well. Haitian kid named David Opont. Miraculously he lived.

opont.jpg

Burned Boy Points To Alleged Attacker, Tells Tale of Torture
RONALD POWERSSeptember 11, 1990
NEW YORK (AP) _ The 12-year-old boy set ablaze by a neighborhood bully in an abandoned building pointed out his alleged attacker in court Tuesday and told a tale of kidnapping, torture and immolation.

David Opont also testified that the attacker laughed at him when he rolled in the snow to put out the fire.

David attracted national sympathy after the March 7 attack with reports he resisted efforts by his attacker to make him take drugs.

″He tried to put what he was smoking in my mouth,″ David said, speaking in Creole through a translator. ″I shook my head because I didn’t want to take it. He set fire to my shirt.″

David, a native of Haiti, suffered massive burns. Doctors initially gave him a 50 percent chance of surviving. After numerous skin grafs he left a hospital last month. Celebrity hospital visitors included former President Reagan, Bill Cosby and baseball star Dwight Gooden.

shyt like this and Abner Louima made Haitians get violent and defend themselves, they used to get it bad here

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Remember this story very well. Haitian kid named David Opont. Miraculously he lived.

opont.jpg

NEW YORK (AP) _ The 12-year-old boy set ablaze by a neighborhood bully in an abandoned building pointed out his alleged attacker in court Tuesday and told a tale of kidnapping, torture and immolation.

David Opont also testified that the attacker laughed at him when he rolled in the snow to put out the fire.

David attracted national sympathy after the March 7 attack with reports he resisted efforts by his attacker to make him take drugs.

″He tried to put what he was smoking in my mouth,″ David said, speaking in Creole through a translator. ″I shook my head because I didn’t want to take it. He set fire to my shirt.″

David, a native of Haiti, suffered massive burns. Doctors initially gave him a 50 percent chance of surviving. After numerous skin grafs he left a hospital last month. Celebrity hospital visitors included former President Reagan, Bill Cosby and baseball star Dwight Gooden.

Yeah I remember that like yesterday. Story scared the hell out of my mother, especially since NYC was so crazy at the time. Luckily where we lived wasn't that bad.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
It was a warzone when I was going to Erasmus. shyt was like a mini-juvenile detention center.

Walt Whitman Jr. High was bad too. First time I saw someone cut really bad with an orange box cutter. This girl slashed this boy's throat outside the school. Gym teacher had to try use her hands to close the wound it until the medics came. shyt was surreal.
Wooow
Unless he tried to rape her I can’t see why that bytch did that.

Did she get her ass beat or at least catch a charge?

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Wooow
Unless he tried to rape her I can’t see why that bytch did that.

Did she get her ass beat or at least catch a charge?
He was harassing her constantly. Not trying to rape her, but he was picking with her everyday. I never saw her back at school after that. The kid she sliced came back eventually.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s always out of towners like yourself that that try to speak on NY culture & politics & are clueless. You wouldn’t last or have any clue how to navigate out here; especially where I’m from so chill

Let me guess,this is where you tell me how New York hoods are so much different than every other hood?
giphy.gif

Maybe I've only run accross poor representation,but far as I can tell its probably just a bunch of try hards in your hood too. nikkas who don't have a plan B when you laugh in the face of the big bad New York "bully with the fully":pachaha:. Who better to tell you about nikkas from your hood than a outsider? You should know like I know that cats don't act the same when they out of bounds. They punk who they are comfortable punking and violating. I'm only giving you a PSA that all you have to do is take a stand. Those dudes you've been admiring as cut throat goons your whole life will fold like a cheap lawn chair against a little resistance.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
Y'all wouldn't last a heartbeat in the Bronx then

Brooklyn is so much more tamer now than when I was a teenager...there was once a time when if I didn't have business in certain hoods in BK, I wouldn't go there because it was a guarantee of getting robbed.

Not "Damn you might get robbed".

A GUARANTEE that nikkas will run up on you. Period. You not from there? Nobody knows you? GIMME THAT

There are parts of Williamsburg where there was no reason for you to be out there past a certain hour....now that shyt is a hipster hub, teaming with nightlife
I'll have to rep you later I'm on 40s.

But yeah, my aunt lives in the Bronx at the end of Eachester and Dyer Ave. Been out there since the 70s.

:whew:

I honestly don't even know how she did it for real for real. I really don't. She from St. Kitts.
I remember my family driving up to visit her for the first time in 1989. WE drove the fukk up there in our minivan from Newark. As soon as we stopped, crackheads were swarming our car like fukking zombies!

:gucci::dwillhuh::wow:
That vision never fukking leaves me man. never. Never experienced anything like that ever.

Which is why I surprised to see she was still out there when I visited her again 5 years ago. It's gotten better from back then, but still you right.

Knickerbocker ave was like:dwillhuh:from day to night now...all these hipster bars and shyt...people used to get robbed out there.
So much of Brooklyn now feels so fake and weird now with the gentrification...just obscene, infuriating to witness. There were really days my soul could just not take it especially given my experiences considering how so much of my family from the african and west indian side settled betwee PA/NJ/NYC

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

opont.jpg

HELL YEAH. I was 6-7 when it happened, and it always freaked me out because I lived a few block away at the time. I was on Bedford Avenue at the time. Ironically, I live a few blocks away from that spot now too.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
He was harassing her constantly. Not trying to rape her, but he was picking with her everyday. I never saw her back at school after that. The kid she sliced came back eventually.
Damn near killing him? shyt I could see slapping him, but damn.

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
And Latin, if talking about east ny

That has me thinking why do people forget about Latins when talking about east ny?
What about Brownsville?

Its off topic, but I notice people don't really mention them, and they make up a huge part
Not talking negative, I'm just talking in general

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
shyt has a long way to go before it gets to the violent levels of the 80s and 90s.

It's violent now, but the violence usually has some type of reason. In the crack era...you could be an INTENTIONAL innocent victim. Meaning, you be in the wrong place and you're TARGETED. At best you get stomped, at worst and too often you get killed.

Now, if you're not involved in street ish, you may catch a stray, but you're not targeted.

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
Do any of you know why the grizzly is so dangerous?

It had to evolve to be an attack first and apologize later. It doesn't live in the forest like the black bear who can run and climb a tree. It evolved in open spaces where there was nowhere to hide.

Apply this to dense, urban, communities. You can't just run and hide, you live on top each other. You adapted to being hyper aggressive just like the grizzly. Your offense is your defense.

Dzali OG

Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
The craziness of bklyn isn't due to Haitians and Jamaicans. Until not too long ago, you dropped and hid that bo bo talk and dress asap, or risk being vics. Wasn't too long ago, you hid as best you can that you weren't ados!

They were known to get crazy, and do things we considered "crazy" like dicing you with a machete, but it would be because you kept robbing him or jumping him.

Naw, we learned our violence from white America! Foreigners are the good citizens from their country or they couldn't get here. No WE turn them to what they are.