We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

silk scarfs

All Star
Daps
I was born and raised in Crown Heights BK. Hung out and partied in East Flatbush and I own a home in Bed Stuy. I believe Brooklyn is worse for young adults now than in the 80s or 90s. Back then, robberies were higher. Now, murders are higher
In the 80s or 90s, you were likely to get robbed for a Polo coat or chain because everyone didn't have these items.
Nowadays, the majority of kids have on $800-$1000 outfits (not including cellphone). Luxury items are the norm. Kids don't worry about getting robbed for a Moncler now but back then, kids got robbed for Columbia's & Triple Fat Gooses.
The reason I say now is worse is because there are more young people with guns.
This causes gang wars & beef to be a lot more serious. 80's & 90's you might get jumped and stomped out by 5 dudes but now, you're getting shot on site, in broad daylight with witnesses.
I know people that refuse to sign the book at funerals because the victim's killer might attend to take down the address of friends or family.

Also, the reason they don't have that same energy for white people is because cops don't react the same when a black person gets robbed & shot. Shoot a black person, cops will come to the scene one day and leave a light tower on the block.
If a white person gets robbed & shot, cops will shut down that block with constant patrols. Now the hustlers can't work properly and money is lost.

I’m 25 and I still remember growing up nikkas would still get robbed for they phone and jackets back when the biggie jackets was poppin and shyt like that

but now middle school kids got $400 belts on going to school and nothing happening.

the culture of crime changing with scamming nikkas ain’t really violent no more. Well not as much as they used to be.

My hood Coney Island has calm down from what it used to be even ten years ago.

even policing has changed I remember in 08 if you cross the street funny or look at a undercover cop car for a second too long they was hoppin out on you and searching and violating you.

Dzali OG

Dz Ali OG...Pay me like you owe me!
Daps
Reppin
Duval Florida
I remember when I made a bird nest in Brownsville back in '96 :wow:.

I'd never been to a place where minors came out at night to play. Gunshots ALL FUKKIN NIGHT.

When I first got there wifey told me to not follow my instinct and gaze at the height of the buildings. Take my jewelry off. Don't speak to anyone you don't know. Etc.

Took me a minute to adapt.

That stuff from then is trauma and ptsd. I STILL walk past people and don't look them in the face, only out the side of my eye.

It taught you to be extra aware of your surroundings and TO SEE THINGS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN. You're looking whole blocks ahead...so you don't walk into some bullshyt.

Like the train station 4 blocks away, but you notice a pack of 20 niggeys on this side of the street. You cross the street a whole 3 blocks in advance automatically if you don't know them. Not wait until the last minute so they notice you trying to avoid them.

Yall young bucks just don't know :wow:.

Unknown Poster

I had to do it to em.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
SOHH Class of 2006
I always take it back to white supremacy. :unimpressed:

Areas like BK, the BX, CHI, Philly, Bmore, etc have been epicenters of black plight, and fukk shyt wielded on POC. Generation upon generation, ingrained in a culture of poverty, violence, drugs, etc. These areas are the vanguard, for what cacs wanted/expected to happen. Large-scale pipelines of the prison complex, and every other way to fukk ppl, you can think of. How do you expect a majority of ppl to carry it or act, comin outta these places? :unimpressed:

Your lucky, not to get caught up in the ignorance and fukkery...your one of the stronger ones, if you made it out, or have your head on straight. Most will succumb to their environment.

Are nggas fukkin ignorant? Your fukkin right. But I never put it entirely on certain folks, cuz if they knew better, they'd do better. Sometimes, by the time they find out "the better", its already too late, and they are who they are. :yeshrug:
Almost as if racism is a self-fulfilling and self-destructive mechanism in and of itself.

Society can never flourish truly if the sum whole potential of it's inhibitants are stifled by forces beyond their control.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
These dude's be pilled out of there fukking mind they not thinking about shyt.

Lowkey too I think it got to be some type of gang initiation type shyt going cause it always seems to involve group sex.

I think a brooklyn drill rapper actually got knocked for that type of shyt recently too.
I think you talking about Jay Dee

Yeah them Brooklyn nikkas different frfr

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
shyt has a long way to go before it gets to the violent levels of the 80s and 90s.

It's violent now, but the violence usually has some type of reason. In the crack era...you could be an INTENTIONAL innocent victim. Meaning, you be in the wrong place and you're TARGETED. At best you get stomped, at worst and too often you get killed.

Now, if you're not involved in street ish, you may catch a stray, but you're not targeted.
True. Not just speaking for brooklyn, but down in Miami when those high profile tourist carjackings and killings were happening. That’s a good example of what you’re talking about.

:picard:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
BK nikkas terrorise other places too. When i lived in Miami a bk nikka caused chaos during memorial day weekend. Dude killed a breh over a parking spot in south beach, then had a shootout with police during a chase.

Breh killed a father and someones son because they were upset that dude was upset that THEY hit his car :snoop:

Then during shootout one of his passengers was killed.

Miami botched the case against him and hes walking free but breh should be on death row.

He's the reaon why Miami beach shut down urban week/ memorial day weekend

The shooter was the rapper 22gz Upcoming Brooklyn Rapper 22Gz arrested on murder, weapons charges in Miami
I remember that story. Totally forgot about that one.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I remember when I made a bird nest in Brownsville back in '96 :wow:.

I'd never been to a place where minors came out at night to play. Gunshots ALL FUKKIN NIGHT.

When I first got there wifey told me to not follow my instinct and gaze at the height of the buildings. Take my jewelry off. Don't speak to anyone you don't know. Etc.

Took me a minute to adapt.

That stuff from then is trauma and ptsd. I STILL walk past people and don't look them in the face, only out the side of my eye.

It taught you to be extra aware of your surroundings and TO SEE THINGS BEFORE THEY HAPPEN. You're looking whole blocks ahead...so you don't walk into some bullshyt.

Like the train station 4 blocks away, but you notice a pack of 20 niggeys on this side of the street. You cross the street a whole 3 blocks in advance automatically if you don't know them. Not wait until the last minute so they notice you trying to avoid them.

Yall young bucks just don't know :wow:.

This is all so accurate

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Let me guess,this is where you tell me how New York hoods are so much different than every other hood?
giphy.gif

Maybe I've only run accross poor representation,but far as I can tell its probably just a bunch of try hards in your hood too. nikkas who don't have a plan B when you laugh in the face of the big bad New York "bully with the fully":pachaha:. Who better to tell you about nikkas from your hood than a outsider? You should know like I know that cats don't act the same when they out of bounds. They punk who they are comfortable punking and violating. I'm only giving you a PSA that all you have to do is take a stand. Those dudes you've been admiring as cut throat goons your whole life will fold like a cheap lawn chair against a little resistance.

Aren't you the old poster @stillnotsoft? If so then it makes sense you're commenting on anything about NY. You're a pro west coast guy that has an inferiority complex when it comes to here. Hence, you being the first to post some BS about NY culture & politics when all other non NY people here were learning & genuinely curious not doing what you did. Your opinion isn't needed bro. Will all due respect your PSA isn't wanted either

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Aren't you the old poster @stillnotsoft? If so then it makes sense you're commenting on anything about NY. You're a pro west coast guy that has an inferiority complex when it comes to here. Hence, you being the first to post some BS about NY culture & politics when all other non NY people here were learning & genuinely curious not doing what you did. Your opinion isn't needed bro. Will all due respect your PSA isn't wanted either

Your insecurity comes from you being pro New York. If you want to say something bad about people from the bay thats true I don't mind. If you say something thats not accurate I would give even less of a shyt but probably correct you. You have yet to correct me because you really can't based on my own experience. If I come to New York and learn differently I will update you,or maybe I won't since I would never survive according to you:sas1:

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Your insecurity comes from you being pro New York. If you want to say something bad about people from the bay thats true I don't mind. If you say something thats not accurate I would give even less of a shyt but probably correct you. You have yet to correct me because you really can't based on my own experience. If I come to New York and learn differently I will update you,or maybe I won't since I would never survive according to you:sas1:

I'm not the insecure one feeling compelled to add to a topic I have no knowledge of. You have a clear coastal inferiority complex because I can guarantee to you most of us Brooklyn nikkas in this thread could a fuk about adding to a thread specifically targeted at LA or the politics, let alone adding a wack ass unwanted & uniformed opinion. That's where your bias & insecurity always comes shining through. Nobody wants to hear about your corny spin on a place you've never lived in or will ever

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm not the insecure one feeling compelled to add to a topic I have no knowledge of. You have a clear coastal inferiority complex because I can guarantee to you most of us Brooklyn nikkas in this thread could a fuk about adding to a thread specifically targeted at LA or the politics, let alone adding a wack ass unwanted & uniformed opinion. That's where your bias & insecurity always comes shining through. Nobody wants to hear about your corny spin on a place you've never lived in or will ever

Fair enough,sorry if you found no value in my opinion.

Message to the youth,go back to my previous post in this thread and this is exactly what I was speaking about. Would this man talk so recklessly to another man for no reason in real life? Possibly so, because this is what New Yorkers I have encountered typically do like I said. In my lower frequency I would quickly humble a man like this and let him understand I'm wit whatever he's wit
full
. But when you reach a righteous plane you should just concede humbly and let them have it. Its the black mans job to lead the world.Let them have their little blocks and buroughs that belong to the white man if it brings them peace. Let them have their Paul Bunion tall tales about local goons. Its not your place to tell them Santa isn't real,they aren't where you are yet.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
Fair enough,sorry if you found no value in my opinion.

Message to the youth,go back to my previous post in this thread and this is exactly what I was speaking about. Would this man talk so recklessly to another man for no reason in real life? Possibly so, because this is what New Yorkers I have encountered typically do like I said. In my lower frequency I would quickly humble a man like this and let him understand I'm wit whatever he's wit
full
. But when you reach a righteous plane you should just concede humbly and let them have it. Its the black mans job to lead the world.Let them have their little blocks and buroughs that belong to the white man if it brings them peace. Let them have their Paul Bunion tall tales about local goons. Its not your place to tell them Santa isn't real,they aren't where you are yet.

Nobody found what you posted of value because it was unsolicited & unneeded from an out of towner which added nothing to the discussion. If you think what I said is aggressive then your a sensitive dude & that's on you. You're mistaken me being a straight forward dude from BK into something else because of your own insecurity bro. I've never been on any of that corny ra ra shyt here. Admit you were wrong & just felt some kind of way because it was an NY discussion & keep it moving. Your corny take wasn't needed in this thread

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Nobody found what you posted of value because it was unsolicited & unneeded from an out of towner which added nothing to the discussion. If you think what I said is aggressive then your a sensitive dude & that's on you. You're mistaken me being a straight forward dude from BK into something else because of your own insecurity bro. I've never been on any of that corny ra ra shyt here. Admit you were wrong & just felt some kind of way because it was an NY discussion & keep it moving. Your corny take wasn't needed in this thread

Your post trying to tell me what and where I can post was unsolicited and uneeded as the thread went along just fine. Don't think I've been quoted or negged by anybody who took it personally.You should try interacting with other post that moved you. You could have easily ignored my post and kept it moving,just like I posted it and kept it moving. You acting like I was camped out in here derailing the thread. When you picked my one post out of this 15 page thread to critique my take you didn't like.
I will go back to not posting in this thread like I was doing before. So not to derail this thread you care about so much,yet are derailing yourself:dahell:.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
I live in ENY, and have been for my whole life. You are 100% right, but it ain't the hood nikkas. It's the street nikkas that be ignorant and always want to start shyt over dumb things. I was in the supermarket the other day and dude started fighting with the store manager cause he did not want to pay a fee for a paper bag :francis:.

It's a shame too cause where I live at multiple police vans are patroling every night. Literally a cop car just idle in the same place all day, waiting for shyt to pop off. Right in front if my building, but nikkas still dont gaf. These cats don't care and I feel bad for everybody else who just want a decent living here. Constant piss and other chemicals in the elevator and when a lady confronted one of them about it, she got beat up:snoop:

:picard:

:mjlol: