We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

DaRealness

I think very deeply
Daps
Reppin
LDN
This really turned into a Ados vs West Indian thread:russ:. nikkas would be mad as hell if some Haitan crip from Flatbush robbed them but have no problem getting their head blown off by someone in Bed-Stuy or Harlem because atleast they were AA like them:dead:.

Yeah I noticed that. That train is never late on the coli.

Anyways, informative thread. Brings back memories of when I lived in NYC as a kid from the late to early 90s before we came back. I was a little kid and luckily never faced a lot of the shyt I used to hear about.

I lived in Cambria Heights and Laurelton in Queens, but it wasn't nearly as crazy as Brooklyn. Some of the same fukkery used to happen - nikkas getting robbed at the back of the bus, people testing you for no reason, buck 50s. I had family all over Flatbush and other parts. I mentioned on here how I got surrounded by a bunch of Decepts when I was like 9, but luckily my older cousin who knew some of them came out and saved me at the last minute lol. These dudes were like twice my age and they were grown ass men to me at the time. I used to think all of Brooklyn was like the Cosby show until I went there for the first time then I was :huhldup:.

I think there was some kid called David or something like that who get set on fire for refusing to take drugs like back in '88/89. That story always stuck with me cos the teachers were talking about that in school.

But even out in Queens, BK had that reputation and kids would always threaten to get their people from some rough part of Brooklyn down to the school lol. I remember even hearing about Decepts although I didn't know the actual name at the time, just heard there were some crazy kids from Brooklyn who go all over NYC robbing and killing people, so watch out for them.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Replace the city with Philly in OP and it's still accurate
Damn, I was just thinking Philly was one of the rare places just like Brooklyn

You have foul shyt happening, but you also have some black excellence that a lot of areas don't have that are full of black people

Both cities have extremes, so it's all on you to make the proper choices

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem

You have foul shyt happening, but you also have some black excellence that a lot of areas don't have that are full of black people

The thing about places like these having extreme ignorance is that you don't even have to be involved in anything to get hemmed up :francis:

Yeah if you can ignore the bs you'll likely be cool but a nikka like me aint ever been in no gangs or hardcore beef but I still been lined up before

truth2you

All Star
Daps
The thing about places like these having extreme ignorance is that you don't even have to be involved in anything to get hemmed up :francis:

Yeah if you can ignore the bs you'll likely be cool but a nikka like me aint ever been in no gangs or hardcore beef but I still been lined up before
That's true. I'm an example of knowing both sides, but still having my ass in places I shouldn't be in. I could have gotten locked up so many times. I laugh now, but I don't want my kids living like that

I think if you raise a male child to be tough with some type of martial art or boxing, they won't be so quick to go that route, but like you said shyt can still come to you

I was never a Vic, so I guess I'm not seeing it from the eyes that some of y'all seen. When nikkas use to try to rob me, I dealt with it, but now that I'm thinking about it, I could be doing time in prison right now if something wasn't watching over me because I was trying to defend myself

But, you're right shyt could happen to anyone. We gotta find a way to spread more of the little black excellence both cities have!

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Brooklyn wolves different man.

I dont even like talking about it but one of my ex's bestfriends got gang raped by a pack of brooklyn nikkas at a house party out there.

Asked her if she wanted to smoke a blunt got her outside banged her upside her head with a gun then forced her to fukk the "gang"

Then that same ex herself almost got set up for the "treesh" by a brooklyn nikka numerous years later.

Motherfukkas is degenerates out there.

Gang culture and its glorification surely aint helping the cause either motherfukkas proud to be on "demon time"

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Yeah I noticed that. That train is never late on the coli.

Anyways, informative thread. Brings back memories of when I lived in NYC as a kid from the late to early 90s before we came back. I was a little kid and luckily never faced a lot of the shyt I used to hear about.

I lived in Cambria Heights and Laurelton in Queens, but it wasn't nearly as crazy as Brooklyn. Some of the same fukkery used to happen - nikkas getting robbed at the back of the bus, people testing you for no reason, buck 50s. I had family all over Flatbush and other parts. I mentioned on here how I got surrounded by a bunch of Decepts when I was like 9, but luckily my older cousin who knew some of them came out and saved me at the last minute lol. These dudes were like twice my age and they were grown ass men to me at the time. I used to think all of Brooklyn was like the Cosby show until I went there for the first time then I was :huhldup:.

I think there was some kid called David or something like that who get set on fire for refusing to take drugs like back in '88/89. That story always stuck with me cos the teachers were talking about that in school.

But even out in Queens, BK had that reputation and kids would always threaten to get their people from some rough part of Brooklyn down to the school lol. I remember even hearing about Decepts although I didn't know the actual name at the time, just heard there were some crazy kids from Brooklyn who go all over NYC robbing and killing people, so watch out for them.
It is you! I can-not believe it.

hqdefault.jpg

If you ever went by the username of the character in the film, we know each other from a long time ago.

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Can someone share a map of Brooklyn and point out where the gentrification took place and where the fukkery takes place

08UDGzZ0nITB0fPYNuQiZ6dQhtDyv9-gF4pF5EmLqpTIoOgB8YDsMQqWNd7ZOpf7fkw0pURdVFJxakUhycBUeD9GiaYPskgAUMoXKxl2I5VUmOryqVf7V_dFRMIOjcYzpyexgDwLnmdu

Okay, you see 3 in Manhattan, that's the Lower East Side, (Tru life, who used to terrorize dipset) used to be sketchy and kind of hood (a lot of puerto ricans) small always access to Brooklyn and uptown quick to me they had a culture of Brooklyn a little mixed with uptown. Anyway one of the first places to gentrify because it's still Manhattan. Lot's of good bars and nightlife now but I would proceed with caution a little around Delancy and other streets at night but for the most part gentrified.

Now when LES got priced out as you see the closest thing to Manhattan is (1) Williamsburg . Hipster gentrification central. NY's portland, used to be puerto rican hood, now as expensive as Manhattan. Girls on HBO with the fat cac Lena Dunham. Greenpoint used to be Polish, still some Polish culture but gentrified as well.

16-5 = Danger zone. Worse areas in NYC by a longshot, corrupt police precients' Brownsville- "he neighborhood contains the most densely concentrated area of public housing in the United States.[40][44] NYCHA owns more housing units in Brownsville than in any other neighborhood, with about one-third of the housing stock (around 10,000 units) in its 18 Brownsville developments, comprising over 100 buildings within 1 square mile (2.6 km2).[45][15]:108 In 2013, it was estimated that the housing developments alone contained nearly 21,000 people.[18] Many of these buildings were built in the mid-20th-century and are deteriorating as of 2015.[37]:8 (PDF p. 5)"- All beefing with each other. Brownsville-Mike Tyson, MOP , Sean Price. Next to it is ENY- Taxstone, Uncle Murda, The A team, same problems as Brownsville, less public housing, same amounts of violence. Home to Thomas Jefferson High -Kid was shot in killed while the Mayor was on his way to visit the school :gucci:. Their last great Basketball star is doing 25 right now- NY Daily News - We are currently unavailable in your region

These areas haven't been gentrified yet, and Idk how you can gentrify Brownsville with 16 projects. ENY maybe but I can't see it either, lots of empty lot's and space -https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Seven_Five

I'm about to go to the gym, I'll finish this later

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown

Yeah if you can ignore the bs you'll likely be cool but a nikka like me ain't ever been in no gangs or hardcore beef but I still been lined up before

Crazy enough, I just had this discussion with some people. Philly rappers got heavy play here growing up. Rocafella and Jay-z aside, people were glued to Smack DVD, so Reed Dollaz, Cassidy, Freck Billionaire got a lot of spins.

The last two albums I heard bumping consistently around Bk were Pop Smoke's last joint and Meek Mill's last one

Actually6Foot3

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
BKNY

philly has to be worse. Went to an eagles game last year and decided to go to a cheese steak spot in the hood. I think it was called Max’s.

that part of Philly reminded me of what Brooklyn looked like growing up in the 90s it’d been so long since Brooklyn looked like that it was surreal. Uber driver was straight up like he doesn’t go there at night.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Brooklyn wolves different man.

I dont even like talking about it but one of my ex's bestfriends got gang raped by a pack of brooklyn nikkas at a house party out there.

Asked her if she wanted to smoke a blunt got her outside banged her upside her head with a gun then forced her to fukk the "gang"

Then that same ex herself almost got set up for the "treesh" by a brooklyn nikka numerous years later.

Motherfukkas is degenerates out there.

Gang culture and its glorification surely aint helping the cause either motherfukkas proud to be on "demon time"
Which is crazy because nikkas with any type of sense know that a rape charge in NYC is a basically a death sentence in prison

Finesse

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Gotham
Which is crazy because nikkas with any type of sense know that a rape charge in NYC is a basically a death sentence in prison

These dude's be pilled out of there fukking mind they not thinking about shyt.

Lowkey too I think it got to be some type of gang initiation type shyt going cause it always seems to involve group sex.

I think a brooklyn drill rapper actually got knocked for that type of shyt recently too.

Womb Raider

movin' thru the city streets
Daps
Reppin
Fo Nem
philly has to be worse. Went to an eagles game last year and decided to go to a cheese steak spot in the hood. I think it was called Max’s.

that part of Philly reminded me of what Brooklyn looked like growing up in the 90s it’d been so long since Brooklyn looked like that it was surreal. Uber driver was straight up like he doesn’t go there at night.
Lmao you talking about Max’s over on Erie Ave. nothing but hoods, druggies and sad depressed people over there. It ain’t THAT bad...just don’t be out there acting/looking like a lick

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Remember this story very well. Haitian kid named David Opont. Miraculously he lived.

opont.jpg

Burned Boy Points To Alleged Attacker, Tells Tale of Torture
RONALD POWERSSeptember 11, 1990
NEW YORK (AP) _ The 12-year-old boy set ablaze by a neighborhood bully in an abandoned building pointed out his alleged attacker in court Tuesday and told a tale of kidnapping, torture and immolation.

David Opont also testified that the attacker laughed at him when he rolled in the snow to put out the fire.

David attracted national sympathy after the March 7 attack with reports he resisted efforts by his attacker to make him take drugs.

″He tried to put what he was smoking in my mouth,″ David said, speaking in Creole through a translator. ″I shook my head because I didn’t want to take it. He set fire to my shirt.″

David, a native of Haiti, suffered massive burns. Doctors initially gave him a 50 percent chance of surviving. After numerous skin grafs he left a hospital last month. Celebrity hospital visitors included former President Reagan, Bill Cosby and baseball star Dwight Gooden.