We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

Collateral

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How do you counter cac’s argument that Gulliani cleaned up the city?

Crayola Coyote

Superstar
Daps
I knew Brooklyn was different when I visited in 94. I was on an elevator with my cousin and his two friends in their building and his friends just said let’s fight eachother in here. No provocation or disrespect before he stated that, in fact we were chatting about the road rash videogame. That caught me off guard.

hell nah

truth2you

All Star
Daps
How do you counter cac’s argument that Gulliani cleaned up the city?
You just tell the facts, crime was falling in NYC before Giuliani with Mayor Dinkins, and it was falling all over America, Guliani just took the credit. Police loved him because he allowed the police to call us monkeys, and throw water melon, at there rally. I seen it myself, and said fukk him after that. NY is a police state, so they love Guliani. That's where the praise come from, and stupid nikkas who don't read

If they try to act like Dinkins did nothing, show the homicide numbers during his four year run, then show the homicide numbers when mayor ed koch was running, which was 1978-1989

A lot of people just want to see black people trapped in their own neighborhoods, that's why we are heavily policed. I remember when Bloomberg said crime was gonna go crazy once stop'n'frisk stopped. Instead crime dropped to the lowest. Even now the homicide number is gonna be around 400!

The news, and racists will always try to find ways to police black people, and we go along with it sometimes because we allow the to control the narrative. Because NYC is so safe without police allowed to be how they used to on the 90's, and 2000's, it's gonna be hard for police unions to try to allow officers to be extra dikks like back then

Last edited:

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Man thats just how nikkas be.

working as a cashier while i finish my schooling, i’ve seen plenty of nikkas get extra for no reason.
For example: this shorty came in to get some snacks and cash these scratch offs.
2 won, one didn’t win. I trash the tickets and tell her how much she won.
she goes back to her car, and her mans come out huffing n puffing cause he thought he won $50.
I let my coworker handle that nikka , fukk the aggression :hubie:

but now i make sure i let them fools know if they didn’t win.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Not to bump into the ADOS/West Indian conflict history, its the nature of BK that kept it violent and the reputation of the area as well as the glorofication of violence/toughness in America, that kept the area like that. Even middle class, 2 parent black families that owned houses are shamed because it is "soft" to grow up with a level head and not engage in crime. On top of people preaching against real black power/black positivity, and you just have endless waves of conflict that people trying to culturize.
No doubt!

People forget Brooklyn was known for crime, and murder, with the white boys too!

Brownsville was home to Murder inc

Even in Canarsie you had Roy Demeo who was killing everything with his italian crew in their Canarsie club house. People forget Canarsie, and flatlands was mostly white until the 90s

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
No doubt!

People forget Brooklyn was known for crime, and murder, with the white boys too!

Even in Canarsie you had Roy Demeo who was killing everything with his italian crew in their Canarsie club house. People forget Canarsie, and flatlands was mostly white until the 90s

It is a fukked up combo of defending a super tough reputation, trying to be some hybrid of mobster/street dude, denouncing any positivity, extreme poverty, and racism. It was the domestic version of the Middle East before the age of globalization, the old Brooklyn.

Daps
No doubt!

MY ADOS family is DEEP in Brooklyn. Been there at least a 100 years. Some of my fam back in the day were in old school AA gangs in Brooklyn called the Noble Dukes way back in the 1940s-50s. They were shootin shyt up back then, but they wore more suits LoL

BrooklynShow

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
Crown Heights Brooklyn
I was born and raised in Crown Heights BK. Hung out and partied in East Flatbush and I own a home in Bed Stuy. I believe Brooklyn is worse for young adults now than in the 80s or 90s. Back then, robberies were higher. Now, murders are higher
In the 80s or 90s, you were likely to get robbed for a Polo coat or chain because everyone didn't have these items.
Nowadays, the majority of kids have on $800-$1000 outfits (not including cellphone). Luxury items are the norm. Kids don't worry about getting robbed for a Moncler now but back then, kids got robbed for Columbia's & Triple Fat Gooses.
The reason I say now is worse is because there are more young people with guns.
This causes gang wars & beef to be a lot more serious. 80's & 90's you might get jumped and stomped out by 5 dudes but now, you're getting shot on site, in broad daylight with witnesses.
I know people that refuse to sign the book at funerals because the victim's killer might attend to take down the address of friends or family.

Also, the reason they don't have that same energy for white people is because cops don't react the same when a black person gets robbed & shot. Shoot a black person, cops will come to the scene one day and leave a light tower on the block.
If a white person gets robbed & shot, cops will shut down that block with constant patrols. Now the hustlers can't work properly and money is lost.

Last edited:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
MY ADOS family is DEEP in Brooklyn. Been there at least a 100 years. Some of my fam back in the day were in old school AA gangs in Brooklyn called the Noble Dukes way back in the 1940s-50s. They were shootin shyt up back then, but they wore more suits LoL
Damn, you taking it back. What part was the gang from?

I know Brooklyn had them white boy gangs that looked like John Travolta in "grease":mjlol:. I'm laughing now, but them nikkas was no joke. They even had a movie on it called "lords of flatbush"

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
So, have we established that bk got the most superlatively violent nikkas? If so, I'd like to just discuss WHO they are.

Being from Harlem in the bad old days, old folks used to say that Brooklyn was on some next level shyt bc it was full of 'wild west Indians' (that was the phrase used, not just me talking).

So why is this the one thread where bk nikkas not repping they island folks?

And why are people tryna make this about "black" (commonly understood to mean "ados") pathology? (See below)

Most times y'all act like ados ain't even here. Having relocated to Brooklyn myself, i can see why: 3.5/ 5 ppl from the islands. Ados are rare here, esp compared to where im from, only a few families on my whole block.

Just some questions. :jbhmm:
West Indian degeneracy has been acknowledged from the beginning to the end of this thread. I never assumed the pathologies discussed in here were strictly ADOS related or influenced. Maybe some of the gangs like the bloods and Crips in Brooklyn have been alluded ADOS, simply because those gangs were started by ADOS in Los Angeles. The Haitians in Flatbush are crippin heavy. West Indians can be wild.

:whew:

I think the theory is this: Not until the 80s-90s did Brooklyn get its current reputation. Oddly enough, that's when the non ados arrived and the violence became... superlative.

As background, there's been a black community in bk since the 1600s when the Dutch ran the city. A lot of ados from the south ended up here after moving out of Harlem. During those times, the violence was just 'regular'. Ofc, when the more violent ppl showed up, ados would have naturally adjusted so as not to be food.

Im asking though, bc i just moved here right before the corona and didn't get a chance to learn the hoods. (The reason i don't already know them is bc i wasnt even allowed out here growing up.)

@ bold, does that not prove the theory? :jbhmm:
Explain not allowed

:lupe:

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
Funny cuz, prior to my post, everybody in here was being unusually vague about the demographics when normally, they're very precise. :usure: Only one person mentioned Haitians.

:jbhmm:You don't think millions of new people can change local culture? The Italian mob certainly changed the cultures of neighborhoods they settled upon arrival.
It seems most street violence is intra-ethnic though. No matter the city. Italians were waring with each other amongst the 5 families. I’m sure in Brooklyn it was ADOS killing ADOS and West Indians killing West Indians. Proximity is a huge part of who becomes a victim of violent crime.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
It seems most street violence is intra-ethnic though. No matter the city. Italians were waring with each other amongst the 5 families. I’m sure in Brooklyn it was ADOS killing ADOS and West Indians killing West Indians. Proximity is a huge part of who becomes a victim of violent crime.
That's true, but in Brooklyn we lived next to each other, so it wasnt as simple as that

Now, you could make that claim cause a lot of ADOS left to go down south, but to me these little nikkas are more American then Caribbean, but that is another argument

Daps
Damn, you taking it back. What part was the gang from?

I know Brooklyn had them white boy gangs that looked like John Travolta in "grease":mjlol:. I'm laughing now, but them nikkas was no joke. They even had a movie on it called "lords of flatbush"

Word :russ: The gang was from Crown Heights I believe.

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
That's true, but in Brooklyn we lived next to each other, so it wasnt as simple as that

Now, you could make that claim cause a lot of ADOS left to go down south, but to me these little nikkas are more American then Caribbean, but that is another argument
I mean, some of these islands in the Caribbean have high crime and poverty rates on their own. Are these kids in Brooklyn Americanized or was their style of violence that was something that was already in their culture? It’s kinda like the Haitians down in Miami. When ppl claim that Zoe Pound was founded as a deterent to African American bullying, and that America turned them out. But in the end, Zoe Pound was going to war with other Haitians and the machete style of violence seems uniquely Caribbean and foreign. That wasn’t anything they learned from America. That’s just infra cultural degeneracy and violence.