We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
From the outside looking in, Brooklyn always seemed like the Long Beach of NYC, as in there’s so many Crips in Brooklyn. I remember back in the early 00’s when LA Crip rapper Glasses Malone shot a music video in Flatbush with some Flatbush Crips in the music video:

Doing my googles, it seems West Indian folks in Brooklyn/Flatbush really took to crippin. From that end, it seems like Brooklyn was an Eastcoast version of Long Beach-lite. I’m guess it’s still like this? Fills like Cali gang culture has really made an inroads into some of those NY neighborhoods, as opposed to the somewhat homegrown UBN/NY Bloods of old.

There's a joke that people say that "Haitians come to Brooklyn and turn Crip before they even really learn English. Flatbush (which has a lot of west Indians are mostly crip
but then you got pockets that are blood like Cassanova and them) Brownsville, East NY, and the 90's are crip for the most part except for Marcus Garvey which is GD. BedStuy and Bushwick are blood. My hood, it depends. Albany p's and surrounding areas def blood, some streets crip, then you have gd by Ebbets Field. Not to mention all that woo and choo Chinese sounding shyt. As I type this, I was gonna order uber eats for dinner but let me use some of that bread for my move down south savings.

Bushwick-

90's-

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
BK brehs are psychos. Growing up, a big difference between BK and the BX is that the news would always report on the fukkery that would go down in BK. Even now, if I ever go to Gersh, I never stay, because I know something could pop off whenever and that’s foreign soil. Y’all are different, but similar to us if that makes sense. My borough is one of the only places where that “I’m from Brooklyn” shyt doesn’t get you as far as you think.

Some areas like ENY, Brownsville, Flatbush, those are bad even by Bronx standards. They’ve cleaned up a lot of BK though.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
So, have we established that bk got the most superlatively violent nikkas? If so, I'd like to just discuss WHO they are.

Being from Harlem in the bad old days, old folks used to say that Brooklyn was on some next level shyt bc it was full of 'wild west Indians' (that was the phrase used, not just me talking).

So why is this the one thread where bk nikkas not repping they island folks?

And why are people tryna make this about "black" (commonly understood to mean "ados") pathology? (See below)

Most times y'all act like ados ain't even here. Having relocated to Brooklyn myself, i can see why: 3.5/ 5 ppl from the islands. Ados are rare here, esp compared to where im from, only a few families on my whole block.

Just some questions. :jbhmm:

GreenGhxst

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
FBA hairline
I was like 12 comin home from KFC on Pitkin walking to Legion. I was right around the corner from the crib and the wolves cornered me from the chinese spot across the street. I was living in midwood wit my mom so I aint really had no type of awareness forreal. I had like 10 bucks on me in mostly singles and they went all in my pockets. fat nikka was like "can i have a piece of chicken?" he asked me like 3 times. I was in shock so i just ran straight home

:dead:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
So, have we established that bk got the most superlatively violent nikkas? If so, I'd like to just discuss WHO they are.

Being from Harlem in the bad old days, old folks used to say that Brooklyn was on some next level shyt bc it was full of 'wild west Indians' (that was the phrase used, not just me talking).

And why are people tryna make this about "black" (commonly understood to mean "ados") pathology? (See below)

Most times y'all act like ados ain't even here. Having relocated to Brooklyn myself, i can see why: 3.5/ 5 ppl from the islands. Ados are rare here, esp compared to where im from, only a few families on my whole block.

I see where people try do this but the argument does not check out because East NY and Brownsville are majority ADOS with some sparkles of West Indian, as well as Bed Stuy. Also Cambria Heights and Rosedale in Queens are majorityWest Indian and aren't half as bad

Last edited:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I see where people try do this but the argument does not check out because East NY and Brownsville are majority ADOS with some sparkles of West Indian, as well as Bed Stuy. Also Cambria Heights and Rosedale in Queens are majority West Indian and aren't half as bad

If that was the case Crown Heights and Flatbush would be wore than East NY and Brownsville

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps

Bc one demographic is not responsible for the fukkery. No matter where you originated from that environment bred some reckless dudes. The hispanic kids and indians from that area where no different

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
From the outside looking in, Brooklyn always seemed like the Long Beach of NYC, as in there’s so many Crips in Brooklyn. I remember back in the early 00’s when LA Crip rapper Glasses Malone shot a music video in Flatbush with some Flatbush Crips in the music video:

Doing my googles, it seems West Indian folks in Brooklyn/Flatbush really took to crippin. From that end, it seems like Brooklyn was an Eastcoast version of Long Beach-lite. I’m guess it’s still like this? Fills like Cali gang culture has really made an inroads into some of those NY neighborhoods, as opposed to the somewhat homegrown UBN/NY Bloods of old.

The biggest reasons was that NY Crips always paid homage to LA. The originators of the Crips in BK got inspiration from the west coast and many of them loved west coast G-funk music. They made a point to go to the motherland to learn crip knowledge. This why LA Crips and NY Crips have a strong relationship. Nipsey shot a music video with BK Crips. So the love from both sides was strong. Brooklyn especially is where Crips have more of strong hold that the other five Borough(Staten Island is like BK jr they have a lot of Crips). The Blood founders and OGs were some hard headed ass nikkas who refused to a knowledge bloods from out west. This is why it took awhile for bloods under new leadership to pay homage out west. Even now there is still tension between NY and LA bloods.

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Going down? That bill was signed in ‘94.

‘90-‘93 was the most murderous years in city history and the city passed 2,000 murders.

‘90: 2245 murders (All-Time record)
‘91: 2154 murders
‘92: 1995 murders
‘93: 1946 murders
You can't see the murders going down

Each year it fell, which means in the political world, you find out why. You don't come in saying you gonna lock everyone up UNLESS you have ulterior motives

I was there and have my theories, but ultimately it was cocaine, and crack, use going down

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
You can't see the murders going down

Each year it fell, which means in the political world, you find out why. You don't come in saying you gonna lock everyone up UNLESS you have ulterior motives

I was there and have my theories, but ultimately it was cocaine, and crack, use going down
Nah, although those numbers were dipping from the 1990 peak, it wasn't enough and those numbers was still higher than the 80's and 70's which were horrible themselves. :francis:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I see where people try do this but the argument does not check out because East NY and Brownsville are majority ADOS with some sparkles of West Indian, as well as Bed Stuy. Also Cambria Heights and Rosedale in Queens are majority ADOS and aren't half as bad
I think the theory is this: Not until the 80s-90s did Brooklyn get its current reputation. Oddly enough, that's when the non ados arrived and the violence became... superlative.

As background, there's been a black community in bk since the 1600s when the Dutch ran the city. A lot of ados from the south ended up here after moving out of Harlem. During those times, the violence was just 'regular'. Ofc, when the more violent ppl showed up, ados would have naturally adjusted so as not to be food.

Im asking though, bc i just moved here right before the corona and didn't get a chance to learn the hoods. (The reason i don't already know them is bc i wasnt even allowed out here growing up.)

@ bold, does that not prove the theory? :jbhmm:

truth2you

All Star
Daps
Nah, although those numbers were dipping from the 1990 peak, it wasn't enough and those numbers was still higher than the 80's and 70's which were horrible themselves. :francis:
You think you're gonna go from over 2,000 murders to 600 in three years?

The fact that it dropped 300 killings in three years tells you something big was happening. Like I said, that was when cocaine use started falling. If you been around people who got high off coke, you know they are quick to get violent

1992 was when blunts started getting smoked without crack. It sounds small, but that helped some people stay off of crack, which helped keep violence down

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
Bc one demographic is not responsible for the fukkery. No matter where you originated from that environment bred some reckless dudes. The hispanic kids and indians from that area where no different
Funny cuz, prior to my post, everybody in here was being unusually vague about the demographics when normally, they're very precise. :usure: Only one person mentioned Haitians.

:jbhmm:You don't think millions of new people can change local culture? The Italian mob certainly changed the cultures of neighborhoods they settled upon arrival.