We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I think the big change bro, is the amount of gang activity in Brooklyn now.

Gangs didn't get really big in NYC (Bloods and Crips, specifically I'm talking about) until 1997-1998. They were there before, but it was mostly prison. Now, in 2020, most all these kids are in gangs or affiliated. Plus the rapper scene is really just gangland now. It's not really people during it for the art. And add on social media, where there's more public displays of disrespect, which leads to need for people to retaliate/to not look weak on social media.

Back in the early to mid 90s, it was much more dangerous to go to hoods you not from (Brownsville, The Stuy, Flatbush), because your likely to be confronted/robbed/jumped. It was damn near almost a guarantee. To me, back then, it was more of a poverty thing. nikkas was really broke. shyt, I remember me and my nikkas outside of that McDonalds by Brooklyn College, running nikkas pockets, just because we was broke.

Nowadays, nikkas doing crimes/shooting are nikkas that got on thousand Balenciagas and Amiris.

That mcdonalds was infamous for shyt..esp on half days.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Lol yea I know I was just exaggerating to bring the point that conscious rappers don't really get play here. I fuxk with Bobby and GS9 but you gotta admit it's some ignorant shi*. But computers is damn near a Bk anthem at this point.
It is some ignorant shyt and they’re overrated musically (and I fukked with em) nikkas treating these mfs like gods because they caught a RICO and didn’t snitch :bryan:

It’s going to be interesting when they come out what their musical output is and whether they can stay out of trouble. It’s also going to be interesting how they navigate with all the young boys out now.

They’re getting a lot of fake love as well if the songs aren’t hitting... :francis:

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
I feel you on that uniform tip....Moms wanted me to go to Naz ..told her no way im wearing uniform and taking the bus with them tilden nikkaz and nikkaz from the 50s :francis:

I went to Naz my freshman year. Literally every other day you would hear about someone from our school getting robbed. Gunpoint, knife point, whatever... Catholic school kids are FOOD to these nikkas. Remember a girl getting robbed right next to the McDonald's at gunpoint. It was always nikkas from Tilden.

One day, early morning , I get off the bus and I walk down the same block I always walk on my way to school and I see a whole gang of nikkas in the middle of the block. I'm talking like 20 nikkas or something. I was fukkED. I'm talking 3 nikkas on bikes, some got long chains on em, baseball bats, etc. There were standing in a circle and had a bookbag in the middle of them on the floor. I'm mentally preparing myself for confrontation or to get jumped or robbed or something. And I already turned the block so I couldnt just turn back around and run like a p*ssy. Remember nikkas was on bikes too so I wouldn't get far regardless. But I guess they were looking for a particular person that day or something. They left just enough space for me to squeeze by. They never said a word to me. Mind you the block was QUIET. If something were to happen to me there'd be no witnesses.

Got my grades up and got the fukk up outta there by sophomore year.

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
That mcdonalds was infamous for shyt..esp on half days.

What's crazy is the burger king right next to the McDonald's was usually relatively safe. All the fukkery would happen at McDonald's and nikkas from my school would still be going there :mindblown:

It's like brehs just loved the drama and the potential of being robbed, stabbed or getting in fights.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
No, crime was going down before the bill was signed. Why just say something that can easily be proven wrong?

Secondly, even if you give credit to the 94 crime bill, why did people going to prison keep rising in the 2000's?

The whole reason for the crime bill was to make sure the new private prisons made profit, and to have cheap labor. Most people who got locked up was for weed, and hard drugs, not violence. If anything the crime bill helped bring the prison culture to the neighborhoods.

Look at NYC, all the gang shyt came from prison. Before the mid 90s, if you went to prison, it was for dealing a lot of drugs or violence. After the crime bill, anyone got locked up, and that helped bring more people into the street lifestyle. A guy smoking weed shouldn't be around gang members, and killers, but in jail that's how it is until they go to prison. In the 90's rikers island was no joke!
Going down? That bill was signed in ‘94.

‘90-‘93 was the most murderous years in city history and the city passed 2,000 murders.

‘90: 2245 murders (All-Time record)
‘91: 2154 murders
‘92: 1995 murders
‘93: 1946 murders

Daps
I always take it back to white supremacy. :unimpressed:

Areas like BK, the BX, CHI, Philly, Bmore, etc have been epicenters of black plight, and fukk shyt wielded on POC. Generation upon generation, ingrained in a culture of poverty, violence, drugs, etc. These areas are the vanguard, for what cacs wanted/expected to happen. Large-scale pipelines of the prison complex, and every other way to fukk ppl, you can think of. How do you expect a majority of ppl to carry it or act, comin outta these places? :unimpressed:

Your lucky, not to get caught up in the ignorance and fukkery...your one of the stronger ones, if you made it out, or have your head on straight. Most will succumb to their environment.

Are nggas fukkin ignorant? Your fukkin right. But I never put it entirely on certain folks, cuz if they knew better, they'd do better. Sometimes, by the time they find out "the better", its already too late, and they are who they are. :yeshrug:
Often times, people know what to do but don't do what they know. Like OP said, ppl fight over the pettiest ish. I'm done

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
What's crazy is the burger king right next to the McDonald's was usually relatively safe. All the fukkery would happen at McDonald's and nikkas from my school would still be going there :mindblown:

It's like brehs just loved the drama and the potential of being robbed, stabbed or getting in fights.
That’s because they love the fukkery streets is fun a lot of adrenaline they wanna see who got violated or who they can violate it’s the hang out spot it make nikkas feel good :mjlol:

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Erasmus High school to this day still has fukkery but the stories I heard growing up about that school in the late 90s and early 2000s is fukking wild. :sadcam:
It was a warzone when I was going to Erasmus. shyt was like a mini-juvenile detention center.

Walt Whitman Jr. High was bad too. First time I saw someone cut really bad with an orange box cutter. This girl slashed this boy's throat outside the school. Gym teacher had to try use her hands to close the wound it until the medics came. shyt was surreal.

Soylent Greenz

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
As someone who's from Brooklyn, worked and driven through all areas of Brooklyn, spent 23 years of my life here (I'm 30), gone to school here, etc I'm qualified to speak on this. This is mainly about hood nikkas in Brooklyn.

I can't help but feel there's a (for lack of better word) slowness or "think before you act" quality to some brehs out here. But most notable is the impulsive nature of these nikkas. It's crazy when I think of all the fights I remember on the bus/train headed to and from school, the shootings, the stabbings/slashings, etc. 97% of the time it was over the pettiest shyt.

The FedEx driver that just got shot is a prime example of what I'm talking about. I doubt the driver said or did anything that disrespectful that warranted a bullet in the back of his neck. I used to be a FedEx driver so I know the deal. He probably was just walking in the building trying to be in-and-out and nikkas tried to shoot the shyt with him..

"yo my man where them ps5's at"

"yo you got anything for [apartment number]"

"yo my man where my package at"

"I'm still waiting on my package, y'all bugging the fukk out"

and unless the driver smiles and replies in a super friendly manner it's always going to be met with aggression and confrontation. That's how these nikkas be. And if the driver is white , he'll get all the respect in the world.

But another reason that prompted this thread is the Casanova situation. It's the same as Taxstone. nikkas just gotta be braggadocios and egotistical about being violent and toxic. It don't matter if the police right there, if cameras are around or plenty of witnesses. They'll just a commit a heinous act without even thinking of the repercussions or outcome. There's no thought or calculation to it. I know this doesn't just pertain to Brooklyn but I'm just speaking on what I know. I've had a number of encounters and confrontations with nikkas when I was younger for the dumbest shyt. Things that still make me go :mindblown: to this day. A nikka will start some drama with you just because you waiting on line at the Chinese restaurant minding your business. shyt is crazy breh... I know it's not just me seeing this shyt. I got so many stories I can drop in here.

Fam,I'm 40 and lived in BK all my life,and I want you trust me when I tell you,that shyt ain't solely a BK thing,its a impoverished/lack of knowledge thing.
There are parts of the Bx and Queens that are just as bad if not worse,and frankly I kind of think y'all younger cats got it way better when it comes to this type of shyt,cuz trust me, in the late 80s to early and mid 90s,shyt was waaaaay worse out here.
The height of the crack era was some real crime shyt.