We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

Carlton Banks

Upper Class
Supporter
Daps
Going down? That bill was signed in ‘94.

‘90-‘93 was the most murderous years in city history and the city passed 2,000 murders.

‘90: 2245 murders (All-Time record)
‘91: 2154 murders
‘92: 1995 murders
‘93: 1946 murders

This why I ain't even bother replying back to that baiting ass post

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
It was a warzone when I was going to Erasmus. shyt was like a mini-juvenile detention center.

Walt Whitman Jr. High was bad too. First time I saw someone cut really bad with an orange box cutter. This girl slashed this boy's throat outside the school. Gym teacher had to try use her hands to close the wound it until the medics came. shyt was surreal.

Bro, I've heard some wild stories about Erasmus & Walt Whitman from family

I remember walking by Walt Whitman school about to grab some lunch with my pops. The security guard went to use the port a jon outside. These little badass nikkas waited for him to go in & pushed the damn thing over so that doors were face down. We heard dude yelling trying to get out of it as these kids are literally crying laughing running away. I asked my pops about dude a few days later & he said after he got out he walked off the job lol

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Erasmus High school to this day still has fukkery but the stories I heard growing up about that school in the late 90s and early 2000s is fukking wild. :sadcam:
My cousins went to that school

I lived on Nostrand between Church and Snyder (1487 Nostrand Ave) until I was 10 and then we moved to Fort Greene/Clinton Hill and even that area was wild until about 2002 when I went away to college

If we didn't move, I shudder to think what I would have become...I remember my aunt was President of the PTA at PS 399 in the 90's and was good friends with the lady who was in the head of District 17 if I'm not mistaken. That lady's son got murdered in my building in I wanna say...1991....

That was the first time I heard shots so close....it was on the floor right below ours...that building used to be crack vials and gang shyt 24/7

Now white people are moving in there

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

I lived on Nostrand between Church and Snyder (1487 Nostrand Ave) until I was 10 and then we moved to Fort Greene/Clinton Hill and even that area was wild until about 2002 when I went away to college

If we didn't move, I shudder to think what I would have become...I remember my aunt was President of the PTA at PS 399 in the 90's and was good friends with the lady who was in the head of District 17 if I'm not mistaken. That lady's son got murdered in my building in I wanna say...1991....

That was the first time I heard shots so close....it was on the floor right below ours...that building used to be crack vials and gang shyt 24/7

You was right by my Elementary School (P.S. 181), like a 5 minute walk.

Urbanmiracle

Brooklyn the planet...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn son
Brooklyn native on the check in. I was lucky. I lived in Clinton Hill and went to catholic school my whole life. The only parts that were treacherous was the other side of Ft Greene park and going downtown towards what is now Atlantic center with the D train. My area kids would slide through heading downtown or the other side of Brooklyn like Flatbush and crown heights. I live by the g train entrance and sometimes the public school kids would terrorize us catholic school kids just cuz we were in uniform. But my family was deep in the area. I always had an uncle or an aunt not far from me.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Nothing was going to happen to you man. I grew up two blocks away from you.

You was right by my Elementary School (P.S. 181), like a 5 minute walk.

What year were you?

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
The Brooklyn gang landscape is very confusing and its like that because there is no organization And there is gangs that aren't even part of the Woo vs Choo. There is the Insane Baby Crips who are EBK. There are cool with GD's and some Woos. You have Mac Balla Family which got kicked out of the Blood nation doing their own thing in ENY. Bed Study got its own thing called Structure which is like the Woo filled with Bloods and Crips. Now thy are allies with the Woo but beefing with the Insane Baby Crips. You have the Crips from Sally's who are neutral and focus don making money. They are cool with GD's and Woo's. And on top of that Coney Island and Red Hook are not involved with the Woo vs Choo bullshyt and got their own sets and beefs. Its very very confusing but its going back to the days of nikkas beefing over blocks not gang loyalty. This is what NYC was like back in the 70s and 80s. Gang politics in Brooklyn is like a patchwork of various groups. There is no unity and constant shifting alliances which makes violence more likely to happen.

I’m very pro gun but even I know that if concealed and carry was legal the city would be the Wild West. There would be shootouts in subway cars and buses. The population density and size of the city wouldn't permit at all. Its not like Atlanta or Dallas where the cities are massive.
From the outside looking in, Brooklyn always seemed like the Long Beach of NYC, as in there’s so many Crips in Brooklyn. I remember back in the early 00’s when LA Crip rapper Glasses Malone shot a music video in Flatbush with some Flatbush Crips in the music video:

Doing my googles, it seems West Indian folks in Brooklyn/Flatbush really took to crippin. From that end, it seems like Brooklyn was an Eastcoast version of Long Beach-lite. I’m guess it’s still like this? Fills like Cali gang culture has really made an inroads into some of those NY neighborhoods, as opposed to the somewhat homegrown UBN/NY Bloods of old.

Supreme365

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DC
One time I was literally on the train minding my business on my phone and got my earbuds in. I take a quick look up and see some dude mean muggin me from across the cart. I just ignored him and continued on my phone. Just as I'm getting ready to leave (the cart is crowded by now) I hear someone shout "p*ssy ass nikka." I take a quick look back thinking there's some fight or argument going on... It wasn't til a couple minutes after I realized that was the same dude mean mugging me from the beginning of the ride and he was most likely talking to me. Mind you, I don't know this dude from NOWHERE and he don't know me from nowhere. We had literally zero contact with each other. It was the weirdest shyt. But stuff like this happens every day with these emotional ass hood dudes. Just starting shyt or finding reasons to start something with anybody.

Sounds like riding the train in dc. At certain stops I knew that shyt might go down for absolutely no got damn reason at all:francis:. The ghetto is perplexing.