We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
People always say the blood and crip shyt here made it worse, and I agree from a point of non-originality and claiming some other gang, but it would've been bad regardless. Blood and Crip and drill music works here because with blood and crip, nikkas was going around terrorizing nikkas anyway now they just have a gang with it, and with Drill and dissing dead opps, disrespect is in a Brooklyn nikkas vernacular next to "smd "and "son"

I mean look at Zab Judah and Sebastian Telfair. Two people that escaped the hood but carry the mindset. Why is Zab chilling with crips and why did Bassy have all those guns and he's not in Coney Island anymore. shyt is ingrained

I will say we have too much successful black people that came from here not to have some more programs for the youth boxing gyms and coding centers or even fukk it more indoor affordable basketball courts

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
And Even worse, NY rap scene is making BK the standard "real" rap, like you gotta sell drugs, be superthug, and be THAT nikka at the same time like prime Jigga portrayed himself to be. Or some vulgar M.O.P. type of act where you gotta be savage. It brainwashed the audience into thinking that Hip Hop started in BK and not the BX. :mindblown:

Can You imagine any real BK street rapper dropping a Nas "Untitled" album? :mjpls:

Yea man the last era that had a chance with some sort of conscious rap was Joey Badass and Pro Era/Underachievers. Even then, it was short lived because people rather hear Uncle Murda

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
I was a catholic school kid who went to school in crown heights so you know I was a la carte for these nikkas. Uniforms and all it was nothing for me to get messed with. I was a fat square who had no type of awareness whatsoever:heh:

I feel you on that uniform tip....Moms wanted me to go to Naz ..told her no way im wearing uniform and taking the bus with them tilden nikkaz and nikkaz from the 50s :francis:

RTF

2Trill
Supporter
Daps
nikkas sound soft.

I'm from London and got an airbnb in Brooklyn. shyt was sweet.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Yea man the last era that had a chance with some sort of conscious rap was Joey Badass and Pro Era/Underachievers. Even then, it was short lived because people rather hear Uncle Murda
Lol nah not Uncle Murda maybe the 35 year old nikkas :mjlol:

Joey should have signed to a major I understand the freedom aspect but his consciousness and positivity is needed in mainstream hip-hop especially for the city.

FreshAIG

Staff member
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Californ-i-a by way of BK
Consider the fact that a lot of the crime numbers in the violent decades of the 70s, 80s and 90s were due to a heavy organized crime element in NYC. Although organized crime still exists, most of the mob and mafia figures have removed themselves from the murder for hire business, outsourcing those acts to lover tiered street organizations. So yes, violence, particularly murders have dropped since those days but I’m pretty sure if you look at the numbers of shootings today versus back then, the numbers are significantly higher in black communities.

Today, you have drivebys, in neighborhoods and on the highways, shootings on the subways and on the buses. Yes, you can walk in certain areas where it may have been a no go before but that was before there was an increase in the availability of cctv. Even with the cameras and shotspotter satellite technology readily available today, it has some little to deter violent crime.
I think the big change bro, is the amount of gang activity in Brooklyn now.

Gangs didn't get really big in NYC (Bloods and Crips, specifically I'm talking about) until 1997-1998. They were there before, but it was mostly prison. Now, in 2020, most all these kids are in gangs or affiliated. Plus the rapper scene is really just gangland now. It's not really people doing it for the art. And add on social media, where there's more public displays of disrespect, which leads to people feeling they need to retaliate so they don't look weak on social media.

Back in the early to mid 90s, it was much more dangerous to go to hoods you not from (Brownsville, The Stuy, Flatbush), because you're likely to be confronted/robbed/jumped. It was damn near almost a guarantee. To me, back then, it was more of a poverty thing. nikkas was really broke. shyt, I remember me and my nikkas outside of that McDonalds by Brooklyn College, running nikkas pockets, just because we was broke.

Nowadays, nikkas doing crimes/shooting are nikkas that got on thousand dollar Balenciagas and Amiris.

Last edited:

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
Lol nah not Uncle Murda maybe the 35 year old nikkas :mjlol:

Joey should have signed to a major I understand the freedom aspect but his consciousness and positivity is needed in mainstream hip-hop especially for the city.

Lol yea I know I was just exaggerating to bring the point that conscious rappers don't really get play here. I fuxk with Bobby and GS9 but you gotta admit it's some ignorant shi*. But computers is damn near a Bk anthem at this point.

Knicksman20

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NY
I'm looking at the murder rate and I don't see anything that says "uncontrollable". They are mostly bullies,they are posturing but in reality are scared little boys who have bought into their own hype. Theres a culture of aggression,disrespectfulness and loud talking that gets allowed in NYC. If you as a new yorker are not around that,and not used to that you probably take that as a serious threat. This thread has cats talking like they want Joe Biden to reconsider that crime bill:patrice:.? I've been all over, and everywhere I have been theres always a stray New Yorker talking or acting tough. They get checked and quickly humble themselves to their environment. Sounds like the neighborhood has just been surrendered to bullies. But I'm not about to suggest anybody stand up to any of them, to see if they are what they say they are. You just need to move far away,the black people who you once knew as your people,are no longer your people. They are genetically modified for the most part. You wouldn't try to save a zombie I'm pretty sure?You have to let the dead bury the dead as much as it hurts. Take yourself,your kids,your family out of America soon as you can. Far away from the European devil and his gmo'd army.

It’s always out of towners like yourself that that try to speak on NY culture & politics & are clueless. You wouldn’t last or have any clue how to navigate out here; especially where I’m from so chill