We need to have a serious discussion about the IGNORANT nature of BROOKLYN nikkas

RealCrownHeights

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I haven’t been in BK much the last 10 yrs.

But in the 90s especially 89-94 Brooklyn really was the Wild West. I was living in VanderVille PJs, and the last straw forcing us to move to Jersey was my sister getting robbed in the elevator for all our groceries.

Growing up as kid you had to have a bit of Savage in you in that environment or you was food. It definitely carry with me moving to Jersey (Trenton) which was a typical hood but no where compared to Brooklyn.

My first job was at a store like 3 blocks away from Vandaveer, I was 15. Second week on the job, my boss sends me to the store. In the store it had to be a nikka that was at least 34 asking me what type of cell phone I got and "whats in my pocket" I ignored him and he kept following me out the store until he saw I worked at the store. From then on I just kept something on me everyday to work there

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Oh yea for sure, on my Father's side of my family most of them used that trauma and said f it and joined the military, and left and never came back.

And Even worse, NY rap scene is making BK the standard "real" rap, like you gotta sell drugs, be superthug, and be THAT nikka at the same time like prime Jigga portrayed himself to be. Or some vulgar M.O.P. type of act where you gotta be savage. It brainwashed the audience into thinking that Hip Hop started in BK and not the BX. :mindblown:

Can You imagine any real BK street rapper dropping a Nas "Untitled" album? :mjpls:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
And what makes it even more confusing is the woo vs choo beef.
BK was calming down....and this Woo and Choo shyt is making it SUPER hot again

Part of the reason I don't fukk with a lot of BK Drill...ya'll not even doing your own thing, you jacking London's shyt which was jacked from Chicago's shyt

What part of the game is that?

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
BK was calming down....and this Woo and Choo shyt is making it SUPER hot again

Part of the reason I don't fukk with a lot of BK Drill...ya'll not even doing your own thing, you jacking London's shyt which was jacked from Chicago's shyt

What part of the game is that?

To the kids, its simpler to rap from knockoff ATL Gucci Mane beats with a simple style, than to go the traditional MC route of yesteryear.

mson

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:snoop:

Being proud of violence is some demonic shyt. Especially against black people. Its like you gotta rep that violent ignorant shyt as a BK breh to be "respected" and a measure to "blackness"

I know it's weird. But when some someone says Flatbush in a club, the automatic response from me and anyone from there is to make gunshot noises.:francis:

Last edited:

No Homo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Jigga with the Roley and the Vest
What happened with Canarsie seems to be a common theme across the US. A suburban working class area that has a reputation for being somewhat safe and is viewed as a spot where black ppl move to, when they come up. The youngsters in those neighborhoods want their own rep and respect and all of a sudden those middle class areas become gang infested and stuff starts popping off.

:francis:

Yes and no...its a mix

Truth be told, yall see just houses and a nice neighborhood but there are alot of families renting out someones basement or first floor on the low. Just the mom and her children sharing 2 rooms.

One of the most angriest dudes i know came from that. As I got older I understood why son was always on edge like that.

KickPush

Rookie
Daps
Had 5 percentage gangs back in the late 80and early 90s. They were the God Bodies. They preached black empowerment and bettering themselves as black men. This is why you hear rappers back in those days call each other Gods. Or why we still call each other son/sun. It However shyt changed in the early 90s because the younger Godbodies were renegades. They didn’t listen to the elders, starting robbing, stabbing people, selling drugs etc. It was these same renegade Godbodies that founded the UBN in 93 on Rikers. Because the Latin Kings was oppressing black folks in the jails. So they got together left the Godbodies and formed the East coast bloods.

Once they washed the Latin Kings in Jail and in the streets they were totally out of control. And that’s how Crips were founded in NYC. GD’s also were in opposition to the Bloods and that when the 8 ball alliance between Crips and GDs was a thing in Brooklyn. Out of opposition to the Bloods who were just reckless savages. Slashing people in broad day for no reason. And of course they turned against each other especially with the whole OG Mack fiasco.

NYC would have been totally different if the God Bodies were the top gang of the city instead of the Bloods. Now Bloods run the jails all over the state and the sets have connections with other blood sets from CT all the way to Florida.
I thought NYC rips was here before the bdog movement the rips were in Harlem and a few other spots

ZoeGod

I’m from Brooklyn a place where stars are born.
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn,NY
It sad to think that most of the guys in the video are either dead or in prison and the lucky ones were able to move on. You can see the ptsd in their eyes.

And what makes it even more confusing is the woo vs choo beef.
The Brooklyn gang landscape is very confusing and its like that because there is no organization And there is gangs that aren't even part of the Woo vs Choo. There is the Insane Baby Crips who are EBK. There are cool with GD's and some Woos. You have Mac Balla Family which got kicked out of the Blood nation doing their own thing in ENY. Bed Study got its own thing called Structure which is like the Woo filled with Bloods and Crips. Now thy are allies with the Woo but beefing with the Insane Baby Crips. You have the Crips from Sally's who are neutral and focus don making money. They are cool with GD's and Woo's. And on top of that Coney Island and Red Hook are not involved with the Woo vs Choo bullshyt and got their own sets and beefs. Its very very confusing but its going back to the days of nikkas beefing over blocks not gang loyalty. This is what NYC was like back in the 70s and 80s. Gang politics in Brooklyn is like a patchwork of various groups. There is no unity and constant shifting alliances which makes violence more likely to happen.
I got two things to say; How you ain't in jail? And I see why you can't conceal carry in New York

It's just sad good people can't protect themselves. You never see this side of New York, typically it's all love on the coli
I’m very pro gun but even I know that if concealed and carry was legal the city would be the Wild West. There would be shootouts in subway cars and buses. The population density and size of the city wouldn't permit at all. Its not like Atlanta or Dallas where the cities are massive.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
The Brooklyn gang landscape is very confusing and its like that because there is no organization And there is gangs that aren't even part of the Woo vs Choo. There is the Insane Baby Crips who are EBK. There are cool with GD's and some Woos. You have Mac Balla Family which got kicked out of the Blood nation doing their own thing in ENY. Bed Study got its own thing called Structure which is like the Woo filled with Bloods and Crips. Now thy are allies with the Woo but beefing with the Insane Baby Crips. You have the Crips from Sally's who aren't neutral and focus don making money. They are cool with GD's and Woo's. And on top of that Coney Island and Red Hook are not involved with the Woo vs Choo bullshyt and got their own sets and beefs. Its very very confusing but its going back to the days of nikkas beefing over blocks not gang loyalty. This is what NYC was like back in the 70s and 80s. Gang politics in Brooklyn is like a patchwork of various groups. There is no unity and constant shifting alliances which makes violence more likely to happen.

I’m very pro gun but even I know that if concealed and carry was legal the city would be the Wild West. There would be shootouts in subway cars and buses. The population density and size of the city wouldn't permit at all. Its not like Atlanta or Dallas where the cities are massive.
Facts

And I've told people before if NYC had concealed and carry, you'd have dudes just running up on people at night when you walking alone

You might THINK you gonna pull out and be on some John Wayne shyt but if 3-4 nikkas roll up on you quick fast off a stoop or some cut block/alley in Canarsie or even how beanie got rolled up on in the Chi, you might not even have time to pull out, you might just say fukk it respect the jux and live to see another day.

The jux happens fast NOW with only ONE dude with a gun and his friends supporting him, can you imagine if it was any easier in NYC???

This is why I be telling my young dudes and my little cousins....yo stay in the crib man, or go to the city and chill, some of y'all peers are dying to die for nothing in an era where you don't have to do that anymore because it's understood that it's not a worthwhile endeavor

cjt11203

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn NY
I would say the part of Brooklyn that breeds the most ignorant people is the hood Bobby Shmurda comes from. That’s the first area where I saw the peak levels of ignorance.

Dudes going to the corner store and telling Arabs that they about to shoot people that night and can’t wait.
I'm grew up in East Flatbush and I know what you mean. Probably one of my sources of anxiety.

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover
Its crazy that we talking all this bout the typical brooklyn hoods and aint even mention the likes of Bensonhurst:mjpls:

But to share some more BK fukkery...

My pops tells a story that in the mid 80s to early 90s he was taking my sister to do Christmas shopping on Pitkin, lets say the wolves caught them lacking and my sister was like 8 or 9.

Also in Brownsville there was a guy who had harm come his way from them wolves and he went and testified. they turned the old man into a tshirt:to:

I was a catholic school kid who went to school in crown heights so you know I was a la carte for these nikkas. Uniforms and all it was nothing for me to get messed with. I was a fat square who had no type of awareness whatsoever:heh:

It was a time I was in 7th grade and I was like why my bus taking so long. I was on the B12 line, so in my yellow ass gym shirt, sweats and champion shoes(payless edition) and I walked from Crown Heights to the Ville. Luckily for me a gang nikka who was in the 6th grade and went to the same school as me was outside wit his posse and they was tryna fukk wit me but he gave me a pass.

We had a big retirement/birthday party for my pops in summer of 2010, his house was the last house on Legion going towards Pitkin. Big Bashment and we had hella people there. Around 1 we hear loud popping sounds and everybody stopped and continued what there were doing in the span of like 5 seconds. Fast forward to the morning time. a few of us up looking at the news and them pops were heard were actually gunshots that led to dude getting curled on corner:francis: