We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
Lol what? You said “The South” and that’s simply wrong. Texas, NC and GA do not represent the majority of the south.

:dead:

Don’t ever speak on “intelligence” again.
You not smart you read some stats and think you know The Whole picture.
Simple minded...
You not even FBA so mind ya business.
Don’t know why you quoting me or what you tryna prove.

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Live in Texas and believe this brehs

how-big-is-france-compared-to-texas-1.png

I don't know who made that map, but the blue outlined Texas is larger than the Texas on the map....but yeah massive state.

Last edited:

@OffHalsted

The 100s LochNess
Daps
Reppin
Show me a major city/metro in America no matter the region that isn’t someway took over by immigrants?

Texas - filled with Mexicans
Atlanta - growing Indian, Mexican and Korean community
North Carolina - has a growing Caribbean and Dominican/mexican population

Yup, Even Cities like Memphis & Nashville has a growing Mexican population

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Lol what? You said “The South” and that’s simply wrong. Texas, NC and GA do not represent the majority of the south.

:dead:

Don’t ever speak on “intelligence” again.

But, represent three of the top 10 states where Black folk reside though.

Below was Census 2010 data -- and each of these locations have experience major growth of Black folks moving back South.
  • The 10 states with the largest black alone-or-in-combination populations in 2010 were New York (3.3 million), Florida (3.2 million), Texas (3.2 million), Georgia (3.1 million), California (2.7 million), North Carolina (2.2 million), Illinois (2.0 million), Maryland (1.8 million), Virginia (1.7 million) and Ohio (1.5 million). Among these states, four experienced substantial growth between 2000 and 2010. The black alone-or-in-combination population in Florida grew by 29 percent, Georgia by 28 percent, Texas by 27 percent and North Carolina by 21 percent.

• Of the 10 states above, nine also had the largest black alone populations. The state with the 10th largest black alone population was Louisiana (1.5 million), replacing Ohio (1.4 million). Similar to the black alone-or-in-combination population, the black alone population also experienced considerable growth in Florida, Georgia, Texas and North Carolina.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Eh, these whites have a stranglehold on the electoral politics here.

How are there so many black people in the south but it is ran by racist conservative whites?
Because, even with Black Americans being heavy in these states, there’s still more white people, and when Southern whites vote, they vote Repub. There are more democratic whites outside of the south.

That is why blacks don’t dominate politically down here.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
You not smart you read some stats and think you know The Whole picture.
Simple minded...
You not even FBA so mind ya business.
Don’t know why you quoting me or what you tryna prove.

The whole picture is that NC, GA and TX are the main southern hubs. Everywhere outside of those regions in the south are struggling with poverty.

I’ve driven through many towns in the Carolina, Louisiana and GA since I Ike to drive cross country.

it’s a little bit of stats, experiences and actually knowing people from these places.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
The South is superior to the North in every category except their draconian marijuana laws.

But if you’re a Black man that values home ownership, keeping more of your paycheck, the right to bear arms, less regulation for starting a small business and warmer weather.. The South is the obvious choice.

Plus they have better looking women and cuisine.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
Can you show that it's not? And how it relates to non-Blacks? Also, list WHY it's not?

Again, not trying to take away from what you are saying. But, to ignore the reasoning -- and not laying blame on WHY -- is dishonest.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/business/2020/07/23/black-homeownership-gap/?arc404=true

You and I have a different definition of the world thriving. Thriving to me is excelling at something.

Many southern cities have a homeownership rate thats below 50% yet they like to boast to northerners about how they all own homes.

A lot of y’all in the south rent like blacks up north.

In diverse metro Atlanta, why are less than a quarter of homes black-owned?

In diverse metro Atlanta, why are less than a quarter of homes black-owned?

Hungerpain

Banned
Daps
The whole picture is that NC, GA and TX are the main southern hubs. Everywhere outside of those regions in the south are struggling with poverty.

I’ve driven through many towns in the Carolina, Louisiana and GA since I Ike to drive cross country.

it’s a little bit of stats, experiences and actually knowing people from these places.
Believe what you want.