We Need a Second Great Migration: Black Folks Need to Head Back Downsouth (NYT)

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
not really

southwest would just be hot af.

the coastal cities will "survive" because of insurance claims and rehabilitee of skyscrapers.

Will Florida be lost forever to the climate crisis?

Denver would just be a back up to D.C./NY if it gets that point. There's a specific reason why the airport was created the way it is.

Most of us in the states would be fukked. East coast and gulf coast cities are done. Yellowstone will wipe out the west.

But wouldn’t it great if America got destroyed?

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
Lol what? You said “The South” and that’s simply wrong. Texas, NC and GA do not represent the majority of the south.

:dead:

Don’t ever speak on “intelligence” again.
Ironically ppl on this very website have said they don't even consider NC and especially Texas to be the south

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
You and I have a different definition of the world thriving. Thriving to me is excelling at something.

Many southern cities have a homeownership rate thats below 50% yet they like to boast to northerners about how they all own homes.

A lot of y’all in the south rent like blacks up north.

In diverse metro Atlanta, why are less than a quarter of homes black-owned?

In diverse metro Atlanta, why are less than a quarter of homes black-owned?
I can answer that.

Did you read the article though? INCOME disparities - based on inequality and historical segregation and racism. But, I digress.

Because, we don't live in METRO Atlanta. We live on the outskirts. Conyers, Dekalb County, etc.

Atlanta metro properties are overpriced and it's not enough regular priced homes in metro Atlanta.

GDPR Support

I own a hi-rise lux condo downtown Atlanta (Atlantic Station) -and got it with the help of my parents.

It is a one bed and 1 1/2 bath -- owned now for almost 10 years. I am gearing up to sell it next year.

What I paid for it -- I could have had a 3-4 bedroom lux home in Conyers or Dekalb county. In addition to the HOA fees - I KNOW why Atlanta metro has low ownership numbers.

It's celebs in my building who are renting -- but when they go to own - they move out Atlanta metro. Everyone does.

So, that is why Black ownership is low in metro.

GoAggieGo.

getting blitzed.
Daps
Reppin
ATL via Tre 4
Most of us in the states would be fukked. East coast and gulf coast cities are done. Yellowstone will wipe out the west.

But wouldn’t it great if America got destroyed?
I’ve seen this posted on here before, and the answer is no. We all live here. Why would you want your home destroyed?

AVXL

Laughing at you n*ggaz like “ha ha ha”
Daps
Reppin
Of course the ATL
Never understood the “we full” crowd. As I said in the other Atlanta thread we wouldn’t have taken control of the Senate, created the new tech hub or continue to build on our entertainment & media dominance had it not been for more black people moving here over the last decade. So I welcome anyone moving here trying to make my city better and we can kick game over drinks at The Gathering Spot :salute:

Im dead serious BTW, anyone interested in moving here or trying to get plugged in PM me

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I’ve seen this posted on here before, and the answer is no. We all live here. Why would you want your home destroyed?

Yeah, I just ignored that. Why would I want the home of me and my family and friends destroyed. A place where my family is buried and built.

Anyway.

BrothaZay

Non-FBA. AdosK
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The suburbs
The South is superior to the North in every category except their draconian marijuana laws.

But if you’re a Black man that values home ownership, keeping more of your paycheck, the right to bear arms, less regulation for starting a small business and warmer weather.. The South is the obvious choice.

Plus they have better looking women and cuisine.
The south and the north aren't the only regions in America

Truth be told, the south is flat out BORING. :yeshrug: the low population density and the shytty infrastructure has alot to do with it imo. But there's nothing in the south like Chicago and Damn sure nothing in the south like Los Angeles :mjlol:

Never been to nyc so can't comment

New Orleans is the only city in the south with real unique culture that you can't get anywhere else.

But places like Memphis, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta. Different in some ways but basically the same shyt :yeshrug:

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
If you think Americans are :mjpls: towards immigration, whether the grievances or genuine or just outright hatred, that shyt will intensify when they have to take on people from neighboring states when it comes time to.

but on another note, :salute: to you and your successes breh

Never understood the “we full” crowd. As I said in the other Atlanta thread we wouldn’t have taken control of the Senate, created the new tech hub or continue to build on our entertainment & media dominance had it not been for more black people moving here over the last decade. So I welcome anyone moving here trying to make my city better and we can kick game over drinks at The Gathering Spot :salute:

Im dead serious BTW, anyone interested in moving here or trying to get plugged in PM me

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I can answer that.

Did you read the article though? INCOME disparities - based on inequality and historical segregation and racism. But, I digress.

Because, we don't live in METRO Atlanta. We live on the outskirts. Conyers, Dekalb County, etc.

Atlanta metro properties are overpriced and it's not enough regular priced homes in metro Atlanta.

GDPR Support

I own a hi-rise lux condo downtown Atlanta (Atlantic Station) -and got it with the help of my parents.

It is a one bed and 1 1/2 bath -- owned now for almost 10 years. I am gearing up to sell it next year.

What I paid for it -- I could have had a 3-4 bedroom lux home in Conyers or Dekalb county. In addition to the HOA fees - I KNOW why Atlanta metro has low ownership numbers.

It's celebs in my building who are renting -- but when they go to own - they move out Atlanta metro. Everyone does.

So, that is why Black ownership is low in metro.

Of course I read the article and know the reasons. I read this article a year ago.

My whole thing is I don’t really believe in “regions” as long as entire people are the majority anywhere in America and run politics it will was hurt black people.

Honestly the south is attractive because of cost of living. Nothing more to it

brb going to join a pan African croup chat on clubhouse

Doctor Wily

CapcomSwag
Daps
When you take into consideration COL that 75k in Queens is equal to about 50k in ATL. My dad was MTA, them blue collar govt jobs haven't seen their wages keep up with NYC COL. Cats are making damn near what my dad was making in 99' and their dollar doesn't go as far. Further, pensions and benefits are likely going to take a hit because of the impact of coronavirus accelerating pre-existing budget issues.
Was he with Transit or Surface ?

Canada Goose

Pooping on your head :umad:
Daps
Reppin
A lake near Tampa FL
I wouldn't mind living in the south if there was cheap neighborhoods with decent public transportation.

I don't have my license and don't own a car. From what I understand, the city Atlanta itself is expensive, it's the outer suburbs that is cheap. Saw a thread on LSA that most young black ppl in Atlanta lives with roommates :francis: Is this the case in other southern cities?

I prefer to stay in NYC if I can help it. I'm not a snob or anything like that, for me it's just simply easier to live in NY due to all the services here.

OG Talk

Archived
Daps
Reppin
Heaven on Earth
The south and the north aren't the only regions in America

Truth be told, the south is flat out BORING. :yeshrug: the low population density and the shytty infrastructure has alot to do with it imo. But there's nothing in the south like Chicago and Damn sure nothing in the south like Los Angeles :mjlol:

Never been to nyc so can't comment

New Orleans is the only city in the south with real unique culture that you can't get anywhere else.

But places like Memphis, Houston, Dallas, Atlanta. Different in some ways but basically the same shyt :yeshrug:
Negged