We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
regardless WHO the director is I'm just curious as hell to see how it all turns out
got a top tier black actor (IMO) takes the characters he plays real serious from what Ive seen
plus I def dont feel like this would be the flik where Marvel does the jokes and all that shyt lol
you got this Civil War yall want to pop off
Inhumans runnin around
Thanos poppin up at the end of flix... Secret Wars
time to get live with these new additions

i was lookin at some of the old Black Panther books i got on my hardrive (talkin like 70s 80s) just the times we in now and lookin back at the dialog in some of them
"Nooooo! Panther you black son of a...!"
always someone on the verge of saying ******
them issues where him and that midget and the one princess bytch found them teleporting frogs and them trying to order him around like Morgan Freeman in Driving Miss Daisy :deadmanny:

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
I think cinematography wise, if it's like Selma, it'll be ok. If you're a conspiracy theorist, and believe they're intentionally trying to tank it. Then you're saying this is the nail.

Conz

Superstar
Daps
lol at Marvel, talk about best of both worlds. "Hey, remember when you bytched we have no diversity? Well we have a black character and a female character on the way... and just to prove we're serious, we're gonna offer a BLACK WOMAN her choice of the movies!!!"

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
c00ns already assuming it's not gonna be good enough or she might get picked because she's black :shaq2:
I don't know, man. I think it has to do with the fact that she's a female. I'm sorry, don't want to be misogynist, but I don't want a female directing the most black excellence super hero movie. Especially one that has no experience directing action films. I was kind of hopping for that South African director who made Elysium and D9 or Antoine Fuqua or sumfin.

Having said that, I want to put a baby in Ava Duvarney asap.:patrice:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
lol at Marvel, talk about best of both worlds. "Hey, remember when you bytched we have no diversity? Well we have a black character and a female character on the way... and just to prove we're serious, we're gonna offer a BLACK WOMAN her choice of the movies!!!"

As opposed to saying we're going to let her pick what she wants even if it's for a male white character

Conz

Superstar
Daps
As opposed to saying we're going to let her pick what she wants even if it's for a male white character
it's just such an obvious move. it's transparent really, but they can't lose in either situation. if she declines, they'll let Angelina do Captain Marvel and go offer BP to 3 black dudes before settling on some bsically unknown comedy dude who made Without a Paddle in 2003 or something.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I don't know, man. I think it has to do with the fact that she's a female. I'm sorry, don't want to be misogynist, but I don't want a female directing the most black excellence super hero movie. Especially one that has no experience directing action films. I was kind of hopping for that South African director who made Elysium and D9 or Antoine Fuqua or sumfin.

The District 9 director has proven to be a one trick poney. Plus he's white. You would rather a white guy over a Black woman to do BP?

Premeditated

MANDE KANG
Daps
Reppin
IMMIGRANT TETHERS
The District 9 director has proven to be a one trick poney. Plus he's white. You would rather a white guy over a Black woman to do BP?
I'd rather have who I think is best fit. And lol, the Black Panther and most of his stories are created by white men. So cacs are gonna be involved either way. I not even really tripping, I think she will get the T'Chala character right because I liked the character development in Selma and atleast we know his love interest will be black. I just don't know about the actions and cinematography.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'd rather have who I think is best fit. And lol, the Black Panther and most of his stories are created by white men. So cacs are gonna be involved either way. I not even really tripping, I think she will get the T'Chala character right because I liked the character development in Selma and atleast we know his love interest will be black. I just don't know about the actions and cinematography.
I saw Elysium, pretty sure Neil Blomkamp is not the best fit.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I'm still torn. On one hand she'd be awesome for it. On the other hand will they let her do her thing and are they going with "well you're a woman and you're black, here are your two choices: black panther or captain marvel. See one is black and the other is a woman!"

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps

what directors at that level do you see directing "marvel" movies?