We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yeah but are they gonna let him do his thing or not :comeon:

Depends on what his thing is...

What if his thing is a movie nothing like the Black Panther from the comics.

A story about an African warrior from a prestigious clan and some white men come and kill their clan precious elephant and threaten to take their land and he must ,with a special clam that calls out to the wild, fight this threat?:francis:

Oh... and there are Centaurs....... Nope... for no reason.... just a mid movie scene where he has to fight one in a "coming to age" part of the story:mjlol:

Cats gotta stop reading too deep into the "not doing their thing" there must be parameters...... FF should not be the model of what NOT to do and what happens when studios give a director too much power and let them "do their thing" :scust:

No thank you buddy..... just do what they did in the comics but put it on the big screen and make it relate to the bigger universe

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Depends on what his thing is...

What if his thing is a movie nothing like the Black Panther from the comics.

A story about an African warrior from a prestigious clan and some white men come and kill their clan precious elephant and threaten to take their land and he must ,with a special clam that calls out to the wild, fight this threat?:francis:

Oh... and there are Centaurs....... Nope... for no reason.... just a mid movie scene where he has to fight one in a "coming to age" part of the story:mjlol:

Cats gotta stop reading too deep into the "not doing their thing" there must be parameters...... FF should not be the model of what NOT to do and what happens when studios give a director too much power and let them "do their thing" :scust:

No thank you buddy..... just do what they did in the comics but put it on the big screen and make it relate to the bigger universe

You mean the fact that the studio yanked the movie from him and the best stuff in the movie was clearly him doing his thing and after that it went completely down the toilet? And by their thing, cats mostly mean no studio bullshyt, no locking them out of the editing room which they've done, no making their movie be and feel just like any other movie in the stable

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
You mean the fact that the studio yanked the movie from him and the best stuff in the movie was clearly him doing his thing and after that it went completely down the toilet? And by their thing, cats mostly mean no studio bullshyt, no locking them out of the editing room which they've done, no making their movie be and feel just like any other movie in the stable

Na..... that movie was gonna be the running shyts the moment this dude was like "hey lets try something new"

I just dont see why these cats can just look at whats already been done in way of the comics and just produce that on screen. I get maybe certain changes like time periods or costumes... but gotdamn STOP fukkING changing major shyt up!!

I'm a black dude and a fan of Michael B. Jordan.... not mad like racist whites.... but I dont see a reason in him not being white or the blood sibling of Sue. I dont get why Ben was so angry and dry verse the humorous charismatic guy from the comics. I dont get why no one can properly create Victor Von Doom.

Its like you have the blueprint why go away from it.

Thank GOD WB aint allow Darren Aronofsky do that horrible ass concept of a Batman movie he wanted to do..... shyt wouldve set DC back another decade. I can bet you we wouldnt be getting BvS now

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Na..... that movie was gonna be the running shyts the moment this dude was like "hey lets try something new"

I just dont see why these cats can just look at whats already been done in way of the comics and just produce that on screen. I get maybe certain changes like time periods or costumes... but gotdamn STOP fukkING changing major shyt up!!

I'm a black dude and a fan of Michael B. Jordan.... not mad like racist whites.... but I dont see a reason in him not being white or the blood sibling of Sue. I dont get why Ben was so angry and dry verse the humorous charismatic guy from the comics. I dont get why no one can properly create Victor Von Doom.

Its like you have the blueprint why go away from it.

Thank GOD WB aint allow Darren Aronofsky do that horrible ass concept of a Batman movie he wanted to do..... shyt wouldve set DC back another decade. I can bet you we wouldnt be getting BvS now

Well we disagree on the first part completely so okay because I've got no problem with the changes he made with Michael. none at all. but to me, he was doing something interesting until the transformation scene ended and the studio took over. but that's not what anyone is talking about here when it comes to doing his own thing breh. It's more about allowing him to make the film he wants rather than locking him out of the editing bay, making his movie feel the same, look the same, and move the same as anything else they've done and not have its own identity or his own voice. Being able to freely take the characters and have some authorial voice to it rather than feeling like another spoke in the wheel. James Gunn did that for me with Guardians. It felt like a perfect mesh of what he does and what they do but it had his personality on it from the first scene. That's the kind of shyt I want to see. And I know damn near everyone here hates it, but the same with Iron Man 3. Regardless of how you felt about it, that's a Shane Black movie first and foremost, from top to bottom. Don't hire good or great filmmakers and then cut their legs out from under them because if that's the case, just hire some gun for hire or a tv director who's used to taking orders from the showrunner.

And again, this isn't about someone deciding to take the characters and completely invert them or betray the characters, but it's about allowing the director to have creative input and get his vision out too not just the studio's vision.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Well we disagree on the first part completely so okay because I've got no problem with the changes he made with Michael. none at all. but to me, he was doing something interesting until the transformation scene ended and the studio took over. but that's not what anyone is talking about here when it comes to doing his own thing breh. It's more about allowing him to make the film he wants rather than locking him out of the editing bay, making his movie feel the same, look the same, and move the same as anything else they've done and not have its own identity or his own voice. Being able to freely take the characters and have some authorial voice to it rather than feeling like another spoke in the wheel. James Gunn did that for me with Guardians. It felt like a perfect mesh of what he does and what they do but it had his personality on it from the first scene. That's the kind of shyt I want to see. And I know damn near everyone here hates it, but the same with Iron Man 3. Regardless of how you felt about it, that's a Shane Black movie first and foremost, from top to bottom. Don't hire good or great filmmakers and then cut their legs out from under them because if that's the case, just hire some gun for hire or a tv director who's used to taking orders from the showrunner.

And again, this isn't about someone deciding to take the characters and completely invert them or betray the characters, but it's about allowing the director to have creative input and get his vision out too not just the studio's vision.

I feel you and to a degree I do actually agree. But I do think there is a way to make something different but at the same time keep it feeling "the same" to a degree. I dont feel thats necessarily a negative.

Like its a shame that DC had to pretty much reboot just because Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern were all entirely wildly different things. These guys are the geniuses and the problem solvers and thats just something they get paid the big bucks and should figure out.

I guess being that I grew up watching classic Spiderman/Xmen/Hulk/FF4/SS, etc cartoons. And I thought it felt dope chemistry wise how they could interact of sub in and out of each others shows along with other characters ala Punisher/Ghostrider/Blade could come in and mesh well and still stand out on their own.

When it comes to the comic world.... I love the familiarity.

MartyMcFly

Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I feel you and to a degree I do actually agree. But I do think there is a way to make something different but at the same time keep it feeling "the same" to a degree. I dont feel thats necessarily a negative.

Like its a shame that DC had to pretty much reboot just because Batman, Superman, and Green Lantern were all entirely wildly different things. These guys are the geniuses and the problem solvers and thats just something they get paid the big bucks and should figure out.

I guess being that I grew up watching classic Spiderman/Xmen/Hulk/FF4/SS, etc cartoons. And I thought it felt dope chemistry wise how they could interact of sub in and out of each others shows along with other characters ala Punisher/Ghostrider/Blade could come in and mesh well and still stand out on their own.

When it comes to the comic world.... I love the familiarity.

Where as, me being a huge spider man fan and taking after him, I'm not always with that team player shyt:mjlol: i mean yeah it's cool to interact but i feel like you can interact without it being "the same" daredevil and spider man interact but the tone of their comics are not the same. wolverine's comics aren't the same tone as spider-mans and they interact. There's a way to make the DNA of your world strong without making it all feel the exact same to make me feel like I'm watching the same...damn...movie.