We May Have Our Black Panther Director Brehs (Coogler finally confirmed!)

Roman Brady

Nobody Lives Forever
Daps
Ava championed Coogler directing this, they are good friends, I'm sure she wouldn't set her own friend up to fail
how do you know they are good friends? She is championing the choice to go with coogler because she is a fan of his work and it's a good look for the movie and AA interests all round which fits in line with how she represents herself. There is no point in her being negative or else she will risk looking like a hater

Ps I am kind of worried for her career, she seems to rush to Twitter or media over every :patrice: incident involving a black. Its now been roughly 2 years since selma and nada, after all the critical acclaim that shouldn't happen

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Gotdamn!!:russ:

I was in my 20's:flabbynsick::mjcry: I guess my perspective was a little different. When I was your age or slightly younger.... thats when this was popular

Yeah I was 7 or 8 when that popped off lol. The Spider-Man stuff got to me more cause I was a couple years older and I didn't appreciate not having my a wisecracking Spider-Man

BillBanneker

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm nervous about this I heard the last director left because he didn't like the way Disney wanted to take the character.

Plus this is bittersweet news because that means coogler most likely won't be directing creed 2 :patrice:

Honestly I rather see him directing creed 2; Marvel Studios Heads (Kevin Feige and comp.) are really heavy handed with the direction of the films so I wish they got a lesser name for this. If this doesn't generate the "Marvel Buzz" I hate to see Coolger take most of the heat for it.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Coolger is a bad choice or anything:whoa:, just that he has a bit of Freedom as far as the story, etc.

KravenMorehead™

Barrel Brothers.®
Daps
Reppin
NoVA
Keep Oreo Monroe far away from the Black Panther movie and let her stay on the X-plantation to keep being third and forth and even a fifth rated character their and im good. fukk all apologist, aint no way in hell a wm's sidepeiece should be a black mans queen. fukk Storm and the Xoffice :pacspit:
oh shyt :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Honestly I rather see him directing creed 2; Marvel Studios Heads (Kevin Feige and comp.) are really heavy handed with the direction of the films so I wish they got a lesser name for this. If this doesn't generate the "Marvel Buzz" I hate to see Coolger take most of the heat for it.

EDIT: I'm not saying that Coolger is a bad choice or anything:whoa:, just that he has a bit of Freedom as far as the story, etc.
Agreed there's a reason other directors had issues with the script :lupe:

Achille

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
S.M.B 4 EVER
I am happy about this. Even though I was disappointed that BP got pushed back to 2018. This may actually be a good move, with that needed time can get Coogler enough time to fine tune the script with the writers. Similar to what happened with the Russo's when they signed on to do Cap 2. They had a whole year and a half with the writers to fine tune the script even before shooting for the movie.

Last edited:

Birnin Zana

Honorary Wakandan
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Keep Oreo Monroe far away from the Black Panther movie and let her stay on the X-plantation to keep being third and forth and even a fifth rated character their and im good. fukk all apologist, aint no way in hell a wm's sidepeiece should be a black mans queen. fukk Storm and the Xoffice :pacspit:

hzWr5Tm.gif